Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM #22
p4intb4ll

has been a member for 10 years
p4intb4ll plays in the PSP
p4intb4ll is an NCPA player
p4intb4ll supports DLX Technology
Just be careful once you jump into b/s/t. Ask questions, read descriptions, go for people with higher feedback (under their username) to start with and make it easy on yourself. Also, research.

AKRON
#CasualSunday
OLD FEEDBACK
p4intb4ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 PM #23
Danny96211

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
^ what he said. Tread carefully in the b/s/t. Don't hesitate to ask many questions and be sure to get alot of info on the seller before you make any purchases. If your afraid of being scammed, then just go buy from a pro shop or from an online retailer.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:11 PM #24
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Many reputable proshops offer free service and inexpensive parts for markers sold there. It's one of the easiest ways for them to compete with online stores - if you can't beat them in price, beat them in service.
Key word "reputable." I bought a marker from a so called "reputable" shop. Included free tech work, store warranty as long as the gun is in production, etc.

However, now that I am having an issue that I cannot resolve. I replace the same 2 parts, the marker is fine all day long. Then after a day of play the same 2 parts fail. What did the shop do when I took the issue to them? Gave me 3 more of each part, "that should hold you through the rest of the outdoor season."

So, buyer beware anywhere you purchase something.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:32 PM #25
Luke ????
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Luke ???? plays in the APPA beginner division
Luke ???? supports DLX Technology
Luke ???? supports Ninja Paintball
If a pro shop doesn't have what you want in stock, then ask if they'll special order it for you. It will cost more, but you'll get what you want and the pro-shop service with it.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:07 PM #26
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Team_ILLNatured is a founding member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Team_ILLNatured supports Ninja Paintball
If they offer a service warranty...
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:46 PM #27
eforce
Factory PB

eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Key word "reputable." I bought a marker from a so called "reputable" shop. Included free tech work, store warranty as long as the gun is in production, etc.

However, now that I am having an issue that I cannot resolve. I replace the same 2 parts, the marker is fine all day long. Then after a day of play the same 2 parts fail. What did the shop do when I took the issue to them? Gave me 3 more of each part, "that should hold you through the rest of the outdoor season."

So, buyer beware anywhere you purchase something.
That's a design flaw, not a store error. They gave you parts to fix it and the rest is between you and the manufacturer.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM #28
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Team_ILLNatured is a founding member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Team_ILLNatured supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
That's a design flaw, not a store error. They gave you parts to fix it and the rest is between you and the manufacturer.
This.

I had a Nasty Impluse back about 11 years now that kept blowing manifolds. finally SP sent me a new Selenoid, and my issues stopped. mass produced parts sometimes have flaws, weather it be from the manufacturing process, or design process
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 PM #29
tim2thousand4

tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
support your local proshop so they can support you!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 PM #30
PineappleNoS
Mooserator

PineappleNoS owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PineappleNoS supports Team VICIOUS
PineappleNoS is for the Gunfight
PineappleNoS has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PineappleNoS is attending Decay of Nations VI
If they don't sell used markers (seen a few around my area) and you are looking for just that, then the BST. If you want a brand new marker then go for the proshop.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 AM #31
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Really? You saw the gun? You tech'd the gun? Because they didn't either.

"One good thing about buying from us and not online such as ANS or any of the other online vendors is the lifetime warranty and tech service. As long as the marker is manufactured we will tech it, if the tech cannot figure it out, we will send it to the company for you, if you ever need any parts such as odd o rings, screws, etc, we can provide them."

Now, I purchased the gun FROM them and not used. Blindly, but as a trusting consumer and got dicked over. I agree it could be an error due to the company that made the marker. But, buyer beware, they are in the game to sell stuff to you. If they wouldn't of stated the above, the chances of me purchasing said marker from them would of went down to say, oh maybe not a damn chance. Which, if I did order online, I know it would be an issue between the manufacturer and myself and I would go pound sand. However, I did the old, support local, yada yada bull****. This is before I knew better, did research, etc.

I took the gun to them because I couldn't figure it out. I didnt even get a,"let my tech look at it." I told him what parts I was having an issue with, looking for advice, and all he did was give me the said parts. So please, tell me where I failed?

The only thing I failed to do is do my own research. A red flag should of been thrown when the store didn't have **** on their shelves. But, his excuse, which was good is that they had big games and the shelves got cleaned off. Which, in the area they did have like 3 big games right in a row.

All I was saying is buyer beware. Dont think just because its a retailer you are safe.

Last edited by rexisme : 12-01-2012 at 11:55 AM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 AM #32
R3dMAn

I went to the shop today and paid 265 for a mini ....they were trying to push a pm7 on me for 300 but I saw what they went for on here and other places...I personally don't think I'll be going back to them If I want a new "used" gun because I felt like they were pushing me to buy the pm7 even after I said what my price range was. I also noticed that they will work with you in terms of pricing which is good but that also means next time give the the lowest im willing to spend as my highest price range to see the other offers.
R3dMAn is offline   Reply With Quote