Old 08-20-2012, 10:56 PM #22
AfterShocK

AfterShocK is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
AfterShocK is a Professional paintball player
AfterShocK is an Ultimate field/store owner
AfterShocK works for a Paintball manufacturer
AfterShocK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Always good crowds both Saturday and Sunday, if you're in for walk on games either is good, more of a team practice guy ? Then Sunday's your day !
Badlandz Paintball Field

Like Badlandz on Facebook
BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Planet Eclipse, GI sportz, Vforce
AfterShocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2012, 10:00 PM #23
vibee
vibin' on ya

vibee has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShocK View Post
Always good crowds both Saturday and Sunday, if you're in for walk on games either is good, more of a team practice guy ? Then Sunday's your day !
Yeah what he said. If you want to play more speedball/hyperball and have more of a challenge a lot more Intermediate/Advanced players come on Sundays.
vibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM #24
TeamZissou

Played this place about 6 times this summer and just now got through all the maps. Some better than others but the bring your own paint is awesome and makes this place pretty affordable.
TeamZissou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM #25
pb-killer

pb-killer is a Professional paintball player
pb-killer plays in the PSP
pb-killer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pb-killer plays in the APPA D1 division
IF your looking for a place to play paintball then this place is it. Badlandz is the breeding ground for best midwest players of all time. Woodsball players and Speedball players, PROFESSIONALS from both sides came out of here and still play here.... check it out,
Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM #26
firebirdboss15

Just my .02 Badlandz needs to invest a little money into rebuilding/sprucing up their fields in play. I have been going here for years and have seen the fields condition go down hill. Their bunkers/pile of sticks need some rebuilding. I'm not complaining they are actual piles of sticks/branches, but they most likely have not been cared for in years. This is on all fields, window, window 2, slope, ravine. I must admit, they put a few new on Ponderosa. Is legoland still even a field there? They get plenty of recballers there. You think they might reinvest a little back into the fields. The hyperball fields, snake and zipper, while they are good fields a little change would be nice. Maybe a completely different field?!? Reinvest a little in some more/new pipe. I feel they invest in the tourny/team practice scene and little goes back to their majority of customers, that being the walk-on/private party's. Yes, their prices are good, but there are maybe 4-5 major outdoor fields in the Chicagoland area. Landz, fox, cpx, pb explosion. Half are byop while the other half is fpo. You make the choice. I would like to continue to be a badlandz supporter but it gets harder as the years pass and watching the landz stay stagnant. Just my rant, hope its heard.

Rick

Last edited by firebirdboss15 : 12-06-2012 at 03:56 PM.
firebirdboss15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 PM #27
AfterShocK

Of course it's heard and we pay attention, hopefully you got to check out ravine and death valley? Both have been rebuilt with plenty of new and redone bunkers and bridges. Legoland was completely removed this past spring and replaced with a uwl field that received great reviews. We just closed window one for a major overhaul and will continue with each field until all our walk ons are happy with the results. Thank you for being a great customer and please feel free to come up and ask for Renick anytime you're there to have a more in depth conversation about what you'd like to see us do for future improvements?
Badlandz Paintball Field

BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 PM #28
firebirdboss15

I appreciate the response. I did notice the new bridges on Ravine last time I was there, have not played Death Valley recently so I can't comment on that. Ravine had new bridges but lacked in the bunker department. The entire lower half is mostly trees with a few bunkers. Hard to find decent cover besides the fort. I look forward to seeing an improved window1 field. What about as far as the speedball courses? I understand they have some history being some of the first of its kind, but something new needs to done with them. New fields/layouts or something. But in the end I appreciate the efforts being put forth. What ever happened to that giant field that was behind the main building? A year or two ago it seems it was made as an extension the the Fort field with the weird wooden bunkers/props put in.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 PM #29
AfterShocK

Most of that was built to facilitate a big game script but is also slated for removal. We are in the process of building a series of small structures that will replicate a rustic jungle village that will extend from the uwl field all the way to the main fort. This should make for a very large field for the growing open play games and give everyone a lot of places to hide and maneuver. We also are still building more to go onto the ravine and death valley fields so please stay tuned ,lots of good stuff coming to the Badlandz
Badlandz Paintball Field

BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM #30
AfterShocK

As for hyperball we will rebuild them as we do each year, the heavy traffic does take its toll on them as does the weather but we do have a more extensive rebuild planned for 2013. We can build a third field but it is unlikely we would completely remove or significantly alter the existing configurations of the snake or zipper fields
Badlandz Paintball Field

BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM #31
firebirdboss15

Thanks again for the response. If what you say all comes true, I see good things coming to the Badlandz. As far as the hyperball, I think a third field would be a great addition. Something on the scale of Keebler... Hmmmmm?? The jungle village sound like it will be fun to play. Is open play ever offered the chance to play on the uwl field? I can't recall being offered that field. Thanks Rennick for the answers.

Rick
Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM #32
AfterShocK

Yes, they can play anytime they`d like, some feel its a little sparse on cover now that the thick foliage is gone , but it is available.
Badlandz Paintball Field

BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Old 12-19-2012, 08:16 PM #33
beeerett (Banned)

beeerett plays in the PSP
beeerett supports Team VICIOUS
This field is the ****
beeerett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM #34
firebirdboss15

Private Games

For private games with 10 or more, is the "leader" comped anything (i.e. paint, entry, reduced cost, etc.)?

Rick
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 PM #35
TimRussin

TimRussin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Amazing always a good group of people
Old 12-29-2012, 03:27 PM #36
kylefff
Squirrel

kylefff plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
kylefff owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kylefff is an NCPA player
Quote:
As for hyperball we will rebuild them as we do each year, the heavy traffic does take its toll on them as does the weather but we do have a more extensive rebuild planned for 2013. We can build a third field but it is unlikely we would completely remove or significantly alter the existing configurations of the snake or zipper fields
Best hyperball around
Chicago Ambition #81
Illinois State University Alumni

BreakOut Paintball
kylefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM #37
firebirdboss15

Quote:
Most of that was built to facilitate a big game script but is also slated for removal. We are in the process of building a series of small structures that will replicate a rustic jungle village that will extend from the uwl field all the way to the main fort. This should make for a very large field for the growing open play games and give everyone a lot of places to hide and maneuver. We also are still building more to go onto the ravine and death valley fields so please stay tuned ,lots of good stuff coming to the Badlandz
Any update on new fields? Has construction even started? Look forward to an update.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM #38
AfterShocK

Death valley has had several bunkers added and new tape lines as does ravine, but to answer your question on a jungle village field......no that has not begun and will most likely wait until spring so we are not trying to drive our equipment out into the woods when it is either snowing or extremely wet. That would only leave us with potentially hundreds or ruts to trip over or have to fill.
Window 1 remains closed and is a hybrid of both window fields until we can see how much the winter snow and rains help bring it back up to looking like it should. The first weeks of spring we will begin adding and moving bunkers but it will remained closed until we`re happy with the new growth of vegetation. Hyperball fields always suffer with the winter so it makes no sense to work on them now as all the effort will be wasted, however plenty of brand new netting has been ordered and goes up this spring along with the rest of the improvements. Sorry but " Keebler" is not slated to make a comeback but i cannot say i have`nt wanted to play it again so ya never know.
Thanks for asking, we`re glad you care.
Badlandz Paintball Field

BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM #39
firebirdboss15

^^ Thanks...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:13 PM #40
egoguy21

i have been thinkin of coming to the badlandz but i have been lookin for a field to play A LOT of speedball on, airball/hyperball. i dont really wanna go to chicagoland or something of the sort that charge 90 dollars a case, thats just crazy!!! so i guess what im asking is ur airball and hyperball fields acessable whenever a player wants to play or is it like most open play fields where you play whereever the refs take you lol
egoguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 AM #41
Whiskeyfoy
PEWPEWPEW

Whiskeyfoy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Whiskeyfoy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoguy21 View Post
i have been thinkin of coming to the badlandz but i have been lookin for a field to play A LOT of speedball on, airball/hyperball. i dont really wanna go to chicagoland or something of the sort that charge 90 dollars a case, thats just crazy!!! so i guess what im asking is ur airball and hyperball fields acessable whenever a player wants to play or is it like most open play fields where you play whereever the refs take you lol
If you are looking to jump onto the speedball fields you are looking at the right place. Considering its the home field for Aftershock you can count on there being great teams there as well as a ton of fields set up. I would say however if thats all you are looking to play (forgoing the woodsball/open play) then I would either hit up a team here or show up and talk with some of the guys there so you can jump in on team practice. Most likely if you just show up a team will let you roll with their line anyway but its better to reach out first so you have a guaranteed group to run with. Either way looking forward to see you out there
Whiskeyfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 PM #42
RelativeAsh
Kämpfen Mit Ehre

RelativeAsh plays in the PSP
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
They do play speedball for open play, and although I could be wrong, I do not believe they have the open play players on the air ball fields. It is mostly on the hyperpipe speedball fields, AfterShock can confirm or deny this. They are a lot of fun to play though. You made an initial good choice as Badlandz is one of the premier BYOP fields in the country let alone the Chicago area. In addition to allowing BYOP they offer very reasonable prices on cases of paint. As Whiskey said, if you are interested in airball only, your best bet is to either start talking up some of the speedball teams to see if you can come jump in with them or else show up and start talking to teams.

I Support UWL / Hank 3 / PBR
RelativeAsh is offline   Reply With Quote