Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-23-2005, 09:33 AM #22
FBH ALL STAR
moose krew

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasPostoloff
I don't mean to hijack this thread at all, however this sounds like something very similar that happened in CTS.... ...Also, the refs were cheating for the players, which I have no hard proof of, but many people saw it happen in the finals (which we were a part of) however nothing COULD be done about it.
Examples of how the reffs were cheating in the cts? was it just a confusing call, or were the reffs literally cheating? i know alot of the cts reffs and im just wondering....
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2005, 09:53 AM #23
VooDoo_Weazel

VooDoo_Weazel is a founding member
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the PSP
yeah, ive reffed every cts tourney except the first one, i dont know of any refs that would cheat for the teams...probably because we dont know any of them?
Ninja Paintball
Planet Eclipse
TMG OUTLAWS
Old 08-23-2005, 05:49 PM #24
junior496
DFW DURACOATING SERVICE

junior496 is a Supporting Member
hey weazel, did you play for posse back in the day?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:40 PM #25
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a founding member
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! posts videos on PbNation
Auctionjunkie! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Damn there's a team I've not heard of for many years!
Dan
Old 08-24-2005, 09:35 PM #26
Di2daone

At the Hamilton County Fairgrounds ICC I didn't see any complications other than 1 or 2. Only 3 times is when I witnessed bad reffing. 1 is when my teammate Josh got called out, because of spray, and got pulled. 2 is when my other teammate Tyler got called for some reason, I forgot. 3 is when my friend, Max, got pulled when he shot the guy that came up bunkering him, but the other guy didn't get called out. In my case I would've called a mutual, but if I was where I was when I witnessed, I would've called the other guy out. Just to let you know I wasn't one of the spectators, I was out there, inside of the net filming.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:29 AM #27
Zo-
Run like an antelope

Zo- is a founding member
Zo- plays in the PSP
Zo- is an NCPA player
Zo- plays in the APPA D4 division
My how the only bad calls that you think the refs made we're the ones that wern't in favor of your own friends. Maybe the refs made the right call and you just didn't like the outcome?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:48 PM #28
Di2daone

No, we even talked to Bill Blanton, and he even said he didn't see the hit that they so called a hit on us. If I wasn't to busy playing, and not spectating. I might've had a different complaint.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:49 PM #29
Cigap69

well maybe a ref had a different angle on the player and called it like he saw it. he might have seen something that you didnt.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:50 PM #30
ruckuskid

well, its bull**** howe just because he is the "ultimate judge" he can call me out from a whole diffrent field, thru the netting, hmmmmmm. after 5 reffs,a nd dan voils, and bill blanton all chcked my ****, i concluded that the call was complete bull****. there was spray and tom thought i was hit, sean o'donnell had no choice except to pull me bc he was ordered to by the "ultimate judge" why the **** is the ultimate judge watchin my field instead of the game goin on on his field. that is 2 tunrys in a row i have had a major conflict with the reffs, that numerous people on the sideline where in my favor, and where there to support the other team.
and for the most major, when clayton dropped one of my players guns, i was pissed, he said it got caught in the handwarmer part on the ref vest, his halo was at his head, much higher than clayton is or can jump or that matter, howe did it get caught in his hand warmer????????? a mrystery to everyone at the icc.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:38 PM #31
tom_222

Josh,

I'm not sure which game your talking about as I am on the fields for most of the games. I move through all the fields and ref on them as well as through the nets from the other fields and from outside the nets as well. If I called you out, then most likely I saw a ball hit you and saw it break. A common misconception is that there needs to be a quarter sized mark to eliminate someone. If a ref sees a ball hit you and there is ANY paint left there you are out.

As for the gun tossing incident, it was not Clayton that was involved, it was Terry Watson. He was the Head Ref on that field and was wearing the new reffing jerseys from PMI that do have a hand warmer style pocket on them. I don't know how it got caught, but i do know that it was not done on purpose.
Terry was checking the gun for trigger bounce or a ramping board and in the exchange back to your player part of the gun was caught in the pocket.

Tom Boyer
ICC Ultimate Ref
Old 09-01-2005, 01:13 PM #32
Farside_Kyle
Killing Machine

Agh yes, bringing back lovely memories. That ICC was pretty fun. Bottom line is, people think twice about playing on or cheating when they get shot a lot. Im sure none of the people i put to the ground will do what they did again. I forsee lots of sprinting to the deadbox. Anyway, i shot 3 guys clean, and the first guy i shot in the back was still playing after i shot the last guy, so he gets shot until he stops shooting his gun. word. thanks for all the supporters too!
Kyle