Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM #22
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bump_Pitch supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weroliera View Post

Sorry sir but no. Not a Hyundai genesis to a mercy
I would strongly sudjest
Axe=Honda accord. Seriously proven damn car reliable also (wish I had one)
Luxes,gts,vcoms= mercy or Lamborghini (already have one(jijiji jk)
I would say a reflex rail is more of an accord
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2013, 06:48 PM #23
BurningPlaydoh

Cars make very poor analogies to paintball guns.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM #24
Weroliera (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump_Pitch View Post
I would say a reflex rail is more of an accord
No accords a very reliable rails are not as reliable as a axe. And have a lot of orings and parts
Weroliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 PM #25
Weroliera (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
Seriously? I compared two guns and car to car.
You fight me in every post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:23 PM #26
SnYpErAsSaSsIn
PaintBallaaa

SnYpErAsSaSsIn is playing at Living Legends VI
SnYpErAsSaSsIn owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SnYpErAsSaSsIn owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SnYpErAsSaSsIn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
I agree Dont know why they do that.
SnYpErAsSaSsIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 PM #27
Weroliera (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnYpErAsSaSsIn View Post
I agree Dont know why they do that.
Oh my god!!
Big babies!!!
You give me a good anology with the target of which being paintball markers
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM #28
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
No accords a very reliable rails are not as reliable as a axe. And have a lot of orings and parts
Having owned both I had more problems with my Axe and leaking than a PMR that went an entire season with only basic maintenance leaking.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 PM #29
DanR
Stock Luxe 1.0

DanR plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR supports DLX Technology
id personally by a older high end that will retail alot of value and still have all the things ur looking for
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM #30
Weroliera (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Having owned both I had more problems with my Axe and leaking than a PMR that went an entire season with only basic maintenance leaking.
Happy yours works
But look at this ppl complaining
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3811430
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 PM #31
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Happy yours works
But look at this ppl complaining
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3811430
I see one person that says that "everyone hates them" which is beyond bull****, and if the parts that come with it don't last then you're ****ing something up and the other person just says they're overpriced which they are far from.

There are two teams around here that use them, one of them is only Reflex rails and one of them has 4 Reflex rails, an Ego 11, and an Etek 4. The Proto markers have been great all season, and the PMR that's usually used as a rental at the shop has stood up just fine through 4 owners and a half season rental career without a single flaw.

They are nowhere near as bad as you think they are, but what would you know, you've obviously not had enough first hand experience let alone probably even used one.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 PM #32
mass destruction

Eh, rails aren't bad but their ergonomics have always felt cheap to me. I definitely prefer axes as far as anything under 1000 goes, best general performance for the money in my opinion.

Any gun can only be as reliable as whoever takes care of it, there's a difference between a gun that's unreliable and one that's just not idiot proof.
mass destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 PM #33
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
It's your money, you decide if its worth it or not. Go try the guns out and see what you think. If it helps any, you can win tournaments with mid range guns no problem.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 AM #34
TS4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD View Post
Regardless of any pros of a 1000+ gun, the resale value of all of them will plummet once the next world cup roles around. Meanwhile, the drop in value of a "midrange" will generally be minimal.

Performance wise, no difference. Milling will be lighter, parts will be no more/less quality, with the exception of a few true low end guns that might use plastic.

A 2K5 timmy will perform exactly like a Geo 3, if not better. An Invasion will perform like a Luxe, if not better. They will all shoot a .68 caliber paintball at 280FPS at 12.5BPS w/ reasonable efficiency and consistency. You are paying for name and lighter/cooler milling.

On a more revealing note, look at the spool platform that every $1000+ gun uses (exception EGO). According to Jack Rice at Alien (granted he is biased), spools are much cheaper to produce than poppit markers. Not saying poppits are better than spools, but when you look at the bandwagon mentality that seems to have sprung up over spools lately, it is easy to see why a company can make a cheap to manufacture spool marker then turn around and sell it at a massive markup.

Ask around in specific gun forums. Witness the history of certain manufacturers compared to others. You will come to your own conclusion.

No, $1000+ markers are not worth it. It is name and popularity. To make good on Bump Pitch's analogy, you always will hear "Hondas and Hyundais and Kias run forever", not so for the BMers and Mercedes.
Love this post...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 AM #35
Papa B
Click, Clack, Pew!

has been a member for 10 years
Papa B plays in the APPA beginner division
Papa B has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Papa B has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Papa B has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS4life View Post

Love this post...
Agreed!

This is a tough one because you want to support the Paintball Manufactures so they'll continue to make paintball gear. But in my opinion newer markers are really only useful to sponsored
D2-PRO teams that are getting a pretty healthy discount. I've owned every Timmy from a
2k2-G6R and I have seen slight deferences in performance but not worth the price gap. I'm now using PE guns and I've shot an 08, owned an 09 shot an 11 with no dart kit and shot 11 with dart kit. Not a fan of the ego8,9,11 (no kit). Love my ego7 and the ego11 with the kit is a beautiful thing! So newer not always better. But another factor to take in consideration is older guns mean parts starting to fail due to age. If I could I'd shoot an Alias Timmy until I stop playing paintball. The problem is that parts are becoming hard to find so I gave up on them. Newer guns also hold warranties so if there is a problem you can get it fixed easily. Now onto Newer mid range guns. Axe, Reflex, Proton, Drone, Etha... Are amazing guns for amazing prices! My hats off to all those companies making good to great guns for the weekend warriors. Don't ask which ones better because pbn is full of bias people but defiantly try them. My $0.02 : )
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM #36
BurningPlaydoh

The difference between cars and painball guns is that a $1250 Ego can be simpler than $400-500 mid range markers.

In fact this could tie back in to the whole thing with inexperienced players buying Tippmanns because theyre "reliable". Well, its true that theyll shoot through just about anything, but good look when something goes wrong, because itll be a whole part that needs replacing. A Luxe, Clone, Victory, etc. when you have a leak or FSDO you pull out the bolt, relube, maybe change a board setting and youre good to go. Not really comparable to a Ferrari at all.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:51 AM #37
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

You know, I love this conversation . I buy alot of guns to try out to see what I want. I'm an angel guy. But I'm not going to fight the tide of disappearing stock. So I decided to see what's out there. Bought a e oracle , hated how Clacky it was. Love cockers, hate e cockers. I bought a dm12....well, lets just say I'm not a spoolie kinda guy. Traded said dm for a ego11. Game over. I don't need to keep looking. This is hands down the best gun I've shot. I like that its light, easy to roll the trigger and gets great gas mileage. Still love angels, but this is the gun if recommend. I've been playing since 1996. Been around long enough to know that after 600- it's pretty much personal preference.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747

Last edited by sledneckforlife : 02-18-2013 at 01:19 PM.
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:41 AM #38
jakke8

jakke8 is playing at Living Legends VII
jakke8 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Like other people on here are saying i own a g6r and an axe and yes Its well worth it my g6r shoots money, but That axe is not a bad gun also
jakke8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:42 PM #39
jeff67
OG lurker since '01

jeff67 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeff67 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jeff67 plays in the APPA D5 division
Its all relative my man, most people who have multiple $1000 plus guns aren't middle school/high school kids, or if they do its because they have the discretionary income to support it and just like having high end guns. Lots of people you see selling these high end collections on the nation are probably btw 20-35. Yes in the end all the guns shoot .68 caliber balls at 280 fps, but its the subtleties of how they do that creates the market for all these different types of guns, and some folks just like them.

Ive been playing since 2k2, and have accumulated more than a couple high enders, 05angel, nt10, ego11- yet im still going to drop over $1400 this week on a new dark geo.

Why? Because i work and make a steady enough income now that im out of college and can justify dropping that much on something that i like. I know i can buy one for much much cheaper off the B/S/T, but i like the service i get from my local shop and like to support local businesses, especially one in an industry that I really enjoy and is going through some hard economic times.

NYX FAN CLUB #72
Nexus fanclub #7

WTB- Shoot me a PM if you are selling any of the following:

- Camo anno Dye UL tip
-Mamba Angel 4 Fly

In the NYC/LongIsland area?? Check out Island Paintball Supplies / Paintball Arena for All Your Paintball Needs
jeff67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:09 PM #40
benzy2
angry bird

Value is subjective. I don't think it is worth it but I play for fun. Any slight performance increase in today's high end markers is small enough that I won't pay for it. I will say, the last generation top tier marker is now dirt cheap and very little has changed.

I've picked up an NXT shocker for under $200 in as new condition. It compares very closely to the LUXE. Hard to justify an additional $1300 for the Luxe. I picked up a BL Protege for $225 which uses the same internal as the G6R, just a little uglier to most and it has a macro line. Hard to justify $1000+ on a G6r. I picked a Marq 6 up for $175. Shoots smoother than the SC'd Victory and is going to be close enough to the spool valve engine in them to not pay $1250. I picked up a PM6 for $150. Again, shoots just like any DM or PM and isn't $1500. I can't see enough performance difference in the last gen markers to today's top tier marker to pay for the difference. I also don't think buying today's mid-range is overly smart either. Most of yesterday's top tier markers are cheaper than today's mid-range. Unless you have to have new I don't know why I would buy in the mid-range. Even used, today's mid-range markers are more expensive than yesterday's top tier.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:09 PM #41
BurningPlaydoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
Value is subjective. I don't think it is worth it but I play for fun. Any slight performance increase in today's high end markers is small enough that I won't pay for it. I will say, the last generation top tier marker is now dirt cheap and very little has changed.

I've picked up an NXT shocker for under $200 in as new condition. It compares very closely to the LUXE. Hard to justify an additional $1300 for the Luxe. I picked up a BL Protege for $225 which uses the same internal as the G6R, just a little uglier to most and it has a macro line. Hard to justify $1000+ on a G6r. I picked a Marq 6 up for $175. Shoots smoother than the SC'd Victory and is going to be close enough to the spool valve engine in them to not pay $1250. I picked up a PM6 for $150. Again, shoots just like any DM or PM and isn't $1500. I can't see enough performance difference in the last gen markers to today's top tier marker to pay for the difference. I also don't think buying today's mid-range is overly smart either. Most of yesterday's top tier markers are cheaper than today's mid-range. Unless you have to have new I don't know why I would buy in the mid-range. Even used, today's mid-range markers are more expensive than yesterday's top tier.
Great post, "Diminishing Returns" seems relevant here. You get a lot more for the first $200 than the last $1000.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM #42
99BPS

If the money is an issue, don't buy a 1000$ gun. Most people buying those markers new are doing so at a sponsored price, or because they make enough money that they want to indulge their paintball hobby further. If your just trying to play at a decent cost, and not be at a disadvantage, Axes, and some of the nicer DP markers are every bit as good.

The 1000$ markers have little bells and whistles, warranties, and (sometimes such as the Luxe or Vanquish) are much easier to maintain. If a few 100$ bucks is just a week or two of saving, then the difference is worth it. If a few 100$ bucks means not playing for weeks and weeks, then go with the Axe or a used higher end. The performance difference in a game between a classic SP impulse and a new EGO is not major really, not worth the cash. For general use, the 1000$ has advantages, but is not "worth it" in a pure value for performance on the field perspective. In fact I think more of the differences are off the field, such as maintaing the marker and overall build quality (so time between replacing major parts/how long lasting the marker will be)
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote