Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 PM #1072
coryfitzherbert

Hey was hoping to get a clone gti this summer,,.. but was hoping/waiting on a sale or maybe a promo/coupon code. Is there gonna be any promo codes for july or august?
coryfitzherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2014, 12:41 PM #1073
Deathstick_Davis
Macdev Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfitzherbert View Post
Hey was hoping to get a clone gti this summer,,.. but was hoping/waiting on a sale or maybe a promo/coupon code. Is there gonna be any promo codes for july or august?
Macdev's never go on Sale sorry to say

CANADIAN CLONE GTi UPGRADE CENTRE

http://www.smackballin.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Smackballin

Got a problem with your gun? It's probably an o-ring or lube issue
Deathstick_Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:02 AM #1074
PaStrange17
FEAR

has been a member for 10 years
PaStrange17 is playing at Living Legends V
PaStrange17 is playing at Living Legends VI
PaStrange17 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStrange17 View Post
I am looking for a back cap (end cap?) for a VX'd clone that I just picked up. Tried looking at the online stores but no luck.

Can I still pick these up?
Still looking for a VX Drive cap, anyone have one available? Preferably silver/blue but will take any color to get this baby running again.

Thanks!

PITT
PaStrange17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:04 PM #1075
C@mM!

C@mM! supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStrange17 View Post
Still looking for a VX Drive cap, anyone have one available? Preferably silver/blue but will take any color to get this baby running again.

Thanks!
Contact info@macdev.net, would be your best bet to see if they have one laying around.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:46 PM #1076
mic0157

Anybody have a lead on replacement oled screens for the clone gt? Thought I had one ordered but they are out of stock. On that note, why are they vulnerable to burn out?
mic0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 PM #1077
f8al
POWERHOUSE REGS

f8al works for a Paintball manufacturer
f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic0157 View Post
Anybody have a lead on replacement oled screens for the clone gt? Thought I had one ordered but they are out of stock. On that note, why are they vulnerable to burn out?
You will be extremely hard pressed to find one. Your best bet is to just get the GTi board or just get the full GTi upgrade.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM #1078
paintballkiddyedmc

***Beware when dealing with Macdev.*** I have a clone gt and the screen has gone dim. This is obviously a common problem as I see many with the same issue. I have been emailing every different email i can find for macdev and aggressive sports for the past 2 weeks. I finally get an email back from someone and in short they told me I would have to pay full price for the gti board.

I don't know about anyone else but when I purchase a gun for $1000+ I expect any manufacture defect to be fixed for a minimal cost as I didn't have anything to do with the problem.

It has been said to me that they had a promotion so macdev clone gt users could upgrade for a lower cost which has ended and that I should have done the upgrade when it was offered for a discounted cost. Are you kidding me ? I had no idea that the screen was going to become dim. Why would anyone pay for something that is supposed to be working in the first place? When you receive a recall on a car they don't make you pay for the recall. Because the recall is the manufactures problem not the consumer.

I have yet to receive any other email from macdev. As of now I highly recommend finding a different company to deal with. Because as this shows its all about the money not the customer when dealing with macdev.
paintballkiddyedmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:38 PM #1079
JR007

For the love of GOD!
This is one of the most heavily discussed issues around the GT in the last two years. There are DOZENS of threads about it on this forum alone.
It is a problem, MD know it is, and they offered a reduced cost upgrade programme a while back.
The fact of the matter is, if they haven't offered the programme they did, and simply GAVE away new boards to anyone who asked, they would go out of business, plain and simple.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:16 PM #1080
paintballkiddyedmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
For the love of GOD!
This is one of the most heavily discussed issues around the GT in the last two years. There are DOZENS of threads about it on this forum alone.
It is a problem, MD know it is, and they offered a reduced cost upgrade programme a while back.
The fact of the matter is, if they haven't offered the programme they did, and simply GAVE away new boards to anyone who asked, they would go out of business, plain and simple.
The reduced cost "program" should be eligible to all gt owners. None of this you have a specific amount of time to do it or you are stuck with a $1000+ paperweight. Anyone that thinks this is a proper way to treat your customers needs to give their head a shake.

Look at virtue. If one of their boards malfunctions they will replace it free of charge. Any other paintball company will help their customers if something is a factory defect. This is not the case with macdev. If something breaks they don't stand by their product and it needs to be paid out of the customers pocket.

Last edited by paintballkiddyedmc : 08-07-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:36 AM #1081
JR007

With all due respect, if you only purchased a GT recently, you didn't buy it from MacDev, or one of their retailers, you bought it second hand. If you had bought it new, you would have had a receipt, and at the time been eligible for the trade-in programme.
Now, if the person you bought it off didn't deal with the issue and then on-sold it to you, that it their poor decision.
If I am wrong, and you bought it new from MD or a dealer, I apologize.

I stand by my previous statement, they couldn't give away free boards to everyone, as they would be out of business.
The supplier of the board to them shut up shop, leaving them high and dry. Their programme was effectively done at cost, which they couldn't maintain indefinitely.

The issue does suck, it is a crappy situation. I GTi'd my GT, and couldn't be happier. Aside from the serial number, it's now one of the top spoolies on the market.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:23 AM #1082
Modat

plays in the NXL
Modat plays in the APPA D4 division
Modat supports DLX Technology
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/pro...0&idproduct=96

Not ideal but, at leas it'll make your gun usable. It's only $7.00
Modat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:18 AM #1083
paintballkiddyedmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
With all due respect, if you only purchased a GT recently, you didn't buy it from MacDev, or one of their retailers, you bought it second hand. If you had bought it new, you would have had a receipt, and at the time been eligible for the trade-in programme.
Now, if the person you bought it off didn't deal with the issue and then on-sold it to you, that it their poor decision.
If I am wrong, and you bought it new from MD or a dealer, I apologize.

I stand by my previous statement, they couldn't give away free boards to everyone, as they would be out of business.
The supplier of the board to them shut up shop, leaving them high and dry. Their programme was effectively done at cost, which they couldn't maintain indefinitely.

The issue does suck, it is a crappy situation. I GTi'd my GT, and couldn't be happier. Aside from the serial number, it's now one of the top spoolies on the market.
My GT just started to go dim it was fine before this. My receipt wouldn't have helped me in this situation so it really doesn't matter if I have it or not ? (I do have my receipt)

Im not asking for a free board but they should be at cost for anyone having this problem. They should not be making MORE money off of people who have already bought these guns. Sure i can understand not wanting to lose money because of someone else. But when you think about it they are doing the same thing to us.

After being treated like this from macdev I can see why so many people question their product. Don't get me wrong the gt is the best gun ive ever shot but this is an internal issue not caused by the customer. In fairness the upgrade scheme should have never ended to those who have gts. I wouldent hesitate to upgrade but this should not be a "how much profit can we make off these people" scheme. By the looks of it thats all macdev cares about.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:20 AM #1084
paintballkiddyedmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modat View Post
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/pro...0&idproduct=96

Not ideal but, at leas it'll make your gun usable. It's only $7.00
Thank you for the post. But if macdev doesn't do whats rite I will be going with a different company.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:47 PM #1085
bamacker

Picking up a clone VX'd and the screen is out. Wanting to know who I should ship it to to get fixed and how much it will cost. Don't know if I have to by a new board and all that jazz. Ohh I live in Dallas Tx. Thanks for any help.
bamacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:52 PM #1086
paintballkiddyedmc

you have to buy a brand new board. 180$
Old 09-03-2014, 04:17 PM #1087
CON*RAD
Shockers and Flexes

CON*RAD is for the Gunfight
CON*RAD plays in the APPA D4 division
CON*RAD has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CON*RAD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am kind of upset to have to spend that much on a new board now...
Deception Family #13
CON*RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:21 PM #1088
paintballkiddyedmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON*RAD View Post
I am kind of upset to have to spend that much on a new board now...
Im pretty pissed off aswell. I will think twice about owning another macdev.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:55 PM #1089
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

MacDev has screwed people on this issue no doubt. Worst part is people under warranty still had to pay the $120 intro price....for a manufacturers defect lol.
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:49 AM #1090
AGDRetro
Steve w/ Crimson Reign

My GTi's board is suffering from some kind of Cylon infection or Irene Demova virus. MD techs please take a look at the write up I did over at macdevmilitia.com and give me a diagnosis.

http://macdevmilitia.com/showthread.php?tid=2027
Old 11-07-2014, 11:09 AM #1091
Deathstick_Davis
Macdev Pimp

Just read it. Please get a hold of MacdevUSA to resolve this:

info@macdevusa.com

CANADIAN CLONE GTi UPGRADE CENTRE

http://www.smackballin.com/
http://www.facebook.com/Smackballin

Got a problem with your gun? It's probably an o-ring or lube issue
Deathstick_Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:46 PM #1092
AGDRetro
Steve w/ Crimson Reign

Old news now, but just wanted to push along the good vibes, originally posted 11/22/2014 over on macdevmilitia.com

Sent mt GTi out to MacDev USA and Gabe fixed it up the same day they received it, shipped out the next day and is shooting great in the backyard this morning! Kudos to MacDev USA for their excellent customer service and quick turn around.

Thanks again Gabe!