Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 PM #1
Giolopez18hk

What better etek lt or am

Thinkin about getting a etek 4 don't know which one to get though lt or am. Please help thanks
Giolopez18hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2012, 12:16 AM #2
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

has been a member for 10 years
msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Depends on what you are looking for in an Etek 4. The difference between the LT and AM is the LT has GRN (glass reinforced nylon) parts (feedneck and lever, frame, eye covers) while the AM has all aluminum parts. So with that said you have to make the decision on whether you want composite parts VS aluminum parts. Secondly if you chose the way of aluminum you then have a choice on whether you want to commit to putting money into it or not by possibly investing in an Emortal board (only "compatible" with the Etek 4 AM frame). The Emortal board is the Etek 3/4s version of the Star frame board and membrane like those made for the Etek/Etek2. Also if you ever decide to change the colors of your Etek 4 you can only change the color of the LT parts if you either paint them or get them hydrocoated. They can't be anodized as they are not aluminum like the AM parts. There are alot of variables you as the buyer would have to weigh out to make your ultimate decision on which marker fits you and your budget.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 3 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Ego 5/6 clamping feedneck w/. Ego 11 lever and Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T

Last edited by msweeneygt : 11-30-2012 at 03:12 PM.
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 PM #3
Giolopez18hk

Quote:
Originally Posted by msweeneygt
Depends on what you are looking for in an Etek 4. The difference between the LT and AM is the LT has GRN (glass reinforced nylon) parts (feedneck and lever, frame, eye covers) while the AM has all aluminum parts. So with that said you have to make the decision on whether you want composite parts VS aluminum parts. Secondly if you chose the way of aluminum you then have a choice on whether you want to commit to putting money into it or not by possibly investing in an Emortal board (only "compatible" with the Etek 4 AM frame). The Emortal board is the Etek 3/4s version of the Star frame board and membrane like those made for the Etek/Etek2. Also if you ever decide to change the colors of your Etek 4 you can only change the color of the LT parts if you either paint them or get them hydrocoated. They can't be anodized as they are not aluminum like the AM parts. There are alot of variables you as the buyer would have to weigh out to make your ultimate decision on which marker fits you and your budget.
So what would u rather have? I don't mind paying 600 for the am or whatever price it is
Giolopez18hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM #4
veener79
eNVee

veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I bought the AM. For the extra $100 and doing indoor and out door I was advised it would hold up better and that if I upgrades I can like the boards.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 AM #5
monty97

Quote:
Originally Posted by veener79 View Post
I bought the AM. For the extra $100 and doing indoor and out door I was advised it would hold up better and that if I upgrades I can like the boards.
My personal opinion is, if your going to spend $600 on an Etek 4 and then spend $150 on a board, you might as well just buy a used Ego 11...

Your better off buying a used Ego 10 for $500-$550 unless your dead set on buying a brand new marker.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 AM #6
h23vtec
daddylongdong

h23vtec owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
h23vtec has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty97 View Post
My personal opinion is, if your going to spend $600 on an Etek 4 and then spend $150 on a board, you might as well just buy a used Ego 11...

Your better off buying a used Ego 10 for $500-$550 unless your dead set on buying a brand new marker.
agreed
h23vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 AM #7
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Seconded. Ego would be the way to go if you got that much $$$ to throw down on one
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 3 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Ego 5/6 clamping feedneck w/. Ego 11 lever and Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:50 AM #8
Octagonalized
#12 SKPB

Octagonalized supports Team VICIOUS
Octagonalized supports Team VICIOUS
Octagonalized has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Octagonalized has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I got the LT because I don't really find the need for the alluminum. *Probably spelled that wrong* The nylon is really durable with no problems.
Octagonalized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 AM #9
Mr. Bishi
Get at ya boiiiiii!

Mr. Bishi plays in the PSP
Mr. Bishi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mr. Bishi supports Team VICIOUS
Mr. Bishi has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i have a bnib etek 4 am if u havent bought one yet

Border Patrol #68
MMPhotography
Mr. Bishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:06 PM #10
Mason74

Mason74 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mason74 supports Team VICIOUS
Mason74 is for the Gunfight
Mason74 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giolopez18hk View Post
Thinkin about getting a etek 4 don't know which one to get though lt or am. Please help thanks
AM.
Mason74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 PM #11
MagboySK

MagboySK owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MagboySK supports Ninja Paintball
As PE at their tech classes have said, the aluminum has a chance of bending if dropped, hit, thrown, etc. The GRN frames will flex and return to normal, but they have not had any of the GRN frames break at all.
MagboySK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 PM #12
Seksirojo
Boats and Hoes

the LT are made of the same material as a glock... so if one of the most trusted sidearms the world has ever seen can live and die by the material im sure our etek's will be just fine.... Also say u get a LT and then by the aluminum frame. You're basically paying the same price as the AM but have a spair set of everything that comes with the kit
Seksirojo is offline   Reply With Quote