PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM #1
Leafan1976
WarMonger

Rap4 468 or Milsig MK3

Hey guys I'm looking to buy a mag fed soon but I'm struggling between the Rap4 468 and the Milsig Mk3.
Other then the obvious price difference, what is actually a better marker?
Pros and cons would be greatly appreciated
Leafan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM #2
PeteSterE
Ruck

PeteSterE is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PeteSterE supports DLX Technology
Milsig is way better quality that is all I really know and have heard no problems with Milsig.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM #3
chuck5459

I personally own a 468 and It is by far my favorite. A lot of time and thought went into and now with omar macy at the design helm things have been a lot better with customer service and support. Finally you can't beat the Dmags. Best mag platform I have used yet
chuck5459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:42 AM #4
Leafan1976
WarMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck5459 View Post
I personally own a 468 and It is by far my favorite. A lot of time and thought went into and now with omar macy at the design helm things have been a lot better with customer service and support. Finally you can't beat the Dmags. Best mag platform I have used yet
Are dmags the best cause if the price or are they actually good. I have heard a few guys knock them. From what I understand (or have been told) Scarab makes the best mags "by far"

Hey lets through them into this too.
Scarab TGR2.... Thoughts ???
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 AM #5
chuck5459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafan1976 View Post
Are dmags the best cause if the price or are they actually good. I have heard a few guys knock them. From what I understand (or have been told) Scarab makes the best mags "by far"

Hey lets through them into this too.
Scarab TGR2.... Thoughts ???
I dont like that the only way to change the velocity of the tgr2 is to change a whole spring. Also for shooting first strikes the scarab mags sometime get stuck. Also I hate the winding system. But to each their own. Me personally I rather the dmags
chuck5459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:09 AM #6
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

Buy milsig if you maintain it it will never break shoots straight and ive never ever had any problems with my paradigm! or my Mk2 never had a RAP not so big in sweden but of what i heard they have rather poor quality but cant confirm that
Tecnophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:21 PM #7
PeteSterE
Ruck

PeteSterE is a Supporting Member
PeteSterE supports DLX Technology
I can confirm poor quality with Rap4.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:30 PM #8
paintman161

I own a 468 and use scarab arms mags and never had an issues. I have two guys that own mk3 one is a belnder and the other one is very picky. Not to mention you need to remove your tank if you are under 1000 psi to refill it (waste of time). Plus the 468 has the lok bolt system, so you wont chop paint. ,milsig does not have anything to prevent chops. 468 you can use dmags, scarab arms mags, normal rap4/ milsig mags you have options, milsig you are stuck with $35 milsig mags. Oh yea you can shoot first strike with the 468 you cannot with the mk3.

Last edited by paintman161 : 07-11-2013 at 01:33 PM.
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM #9
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
Not to mention you need to remove your tank if you are under 1000 psi to refill it (waste of time).
No you dont.. fill nipple right on the tank, why would you have to remove the tank to fill it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
468 you can use dmags, scarab arms mags, normal rap4/ milsig mags you have options, milsig you are stuck with $35 milsig mags.
the options of d mag are still meh at best, sure they are cheap but you shoot 7 rounds and have to take the mag out and flip it to shoot the other 7.. sure 14 rounds per mag) again, yes they are cheaper and you get 10 mags for the price of two milsig mags but you cut your paint capacity down to 140 rounds ..thats alot of mags for little paint ..

Rap4 mags suck, they plastic falls apart after a bit of use,the inside spring track walls are thin and crack causing the spring to jam up when wound and prohibit the spring from feeding paint due to being stuck on the cracks..$37+

scarab arms mags for the 18 rounds are a bit cheaper depending where you look than milsig mags about $25 + their 12 round mags come in 6 packs for 128+ again, paint capacity is at 72 rounds ? really? how much after tax to carry 72 rounds?

Milsig mags.. same design as rap4 mags.. better plastic,same capacity and $35...

Over all milsig is a very nice set up.. The original mk1s had a few issues but they got taken care of..

rap4 isnt a horrible name but Ive heard more bad than I have good.. I have no personal experience myself with them other then their mags and I will stick by the statement they are crap..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 PM #10
paintman161

According to everyone that owns the mk3 if you get under 1000 psi you need to remove the tank to reset the heat core. Also dmags come in 20 and 14 rounds, flipping mags takes under a second to do. Also its nice to have options for mag instead of being stuck with one brand name. Scarab mags are about 23 per mag if you buy in bulk for the 18 rounders. How many 468 do you see for sale compared to mk3 now? A lot more mk3 are for sale then 468, i know rap4 had some major issues back in the day but it seems omar macy has really tried to get rap4 back in the top as far as mag feds go.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM #11
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
I have shot neither but I have seen the 468 and done a lot of research on it. Let me just say, one fine marker.

RAP4 has not had the best name in paintball for a while but from the owner of the 468 I saw, the quality of this marker is changing that. It tears down just like a AR15. One pin and you get to the bolt. Pretty slick design. The guy that owns it has had no issues with it, says it shoots great, and is easy to maintain.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 AM #12
Wildbill336

I had a Rap4 T68 and I can understand the negative talk about rap4 products. I almost lost faith in the company because of the problems with my T68 but let me tell you that since trading up to the 468 that i own and love Rap4 is on the incline as far as MagFed goes in my book. I have never had a marker so easy to clean and it shoots like a dream. no chops so far. just waiting to change over to Dmags.
Wildbill336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 AM #13
SKI008

plays in the NXL
[quote=paintman161;79177508\ A lot more mk3 are for sale then 468.[/QUOTE]

That means absolutely nothing. There's bazillions of Axes, Egos, and G6Rs in the BST, that doesn't mean they're bad guns. I also don't see why you'd need to pull the tank out under 1000 psi. The tank reg is still outputting whatever it is so why would anything need to be reset at 1000 psi? The gun doesn't know how much air is in the tank.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:11 AM #14
paintman161

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
That means absolutely nothing. There's bazillions of Axes, Egos, and G6Rs in the BST, that doesn't mean they're bad guns. I also don't see why you'd need to pull the tank out under 1000 psi. The tank reg is still outputting whatever it is so why would anything need to be reset at 1000 psi? The gun doesn't know how much air is in the tank.
not going to argue with you about it, its what i have heard and seen!

Best bet is if you can try out the markers at a local field.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM #15
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

that its more MK3 then 468 for sale i think are because alot more MK3 has been sold...
Old 07-12-2013, 11:08 AM #16
Leafan1976
WarMonger

I think the MK3 is a common entry level magfed as well. But I am curious why is milsig not on top of the 1000 psi issue. I mean when you only have 3000 psi and can only use 2/3 of it. That sucks. I'm sure they will issue a fix but it's a big drawback to me. And has pretty much ruled them out for me.

468 or TGR2 I think.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 AM #17
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

well i can use mine under 1000 psi.. and i bought mine 3 weeks ago but i got a paradigm pro though
Old 08-08-2013, 11:34 AM #18
Fourthsyde

the 1000 psi issue is a complete fallacy. The operating pressure of the Heat core is dependent on your velocity setting, but closer to the 3-500psi range. Once your tank is below this, the marker may not perform properly.
Fourthsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:20 PM #19
Zparkerm

I had an mkp kit for about a year and I can say I truly hated it the quality is just not there from rap4
Zparkerm is offline   Reply With Quote