Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-26-2012, 03:36 PM #1
dannythegreat

has been a member for 10 years
dannythegreat plays in the APPA D5 division
dannythegreat supports DLX Technology
Exclamation Zombie Apocalypse Scenario Game- 4/7/2012 @Thepaintballfield.com (UPDATE!)

Zombie Apocalypse Scenario Game

April 7, 2012
Gates open at 8, game play starts at 9:30am - 5:00 pm
$15 entry (includes air and rental if needed)
$55 a case.

Story:
Everyone has different thoughts on when the world will end, some pick important dates like the year 2000 or 2012 with the end of the Mayan calendar, but they were all wrong. I say this year 2026 is the year, but not everyone agrees that the world has ended. One thing we can all agree on is that things are drastically different. Here is what has happened and I'll let you come up with your own opinions.

I awoke on Monday morning just like I always do, got ready for work and headed out the door before the family woke up. About 10 minutes after leaving the house I noticed there was a lot less traffic than normal. I start to wonder why there are only a few cars on the interstate and start flipping through the radio to find nothing but prerecorded garbage on. I make it to my office in downtown Oklahoma City just as the sun starts to rise and have only seen maybe 20 people so far. I'm now starting to think maybe it's actually Sunday morning or a holiday and I'm just an idiot for coming to work.

For the sake of keeping everyone's sanity I'll fast forward and just tell you what was going on. 6 years ago the medical community indorsed and started recommending a cure all vaccine called UVS or Universal Vaccine Serum. This vaccine would vaccinate you against all the normal things (Small Pox, TB, Hepatitis, ect) as well as the most common influenza strains. As you can expect most of the population wanted to get UVS, especially since it could be used as a booster for vaccines you already had. It was taken by about 85% of the modern world and was so cheap to produce that it had a 60% adoption rate in the developing countries. Little did we know UVS contained a zero day virus. A zero day virus was something we thought only existed in the computer world, we were wrong.

Sometime during the night of April 7th everyone that had received UVS died, suddenly and quietly. If they had only died then I would just say that was the most tragic night in the history of the world and not the beginning of the Apocalypse. They all came back as the typical Hollywood zombies we used to love and make fun of in movies. Let me tell you, it's not nearly as fun in real life as it looked on the big screen.

Those of us that didn't take UVS are all that left. Our numbers were few to begin with and we lost a lot of us in the beginning before we knew what was going on. Now it all out survival mode for us. There tow major ways people are dealing with this. They either isolate themselves from everyone living and otherwise or band together with others and try to survive together. I personally prefer to have someone watching my back and helping me gather supplies.

Game Play:

Gates- 8:00 am

8:00-9:30- Check in, load up, go over saftey meetings and mission objectives.

9:30-12:30- Continuous Game

-Respawning will be instant re-spawns from designated dead zones

Missions for Continuous Game

-Scavenger hunt (5points for every succesful part completed w/ 35points for finding the final item) Each team will start off with one pod, inside that pod will be the beginings of a scavenger hunt which will guide you to the next pod which will have another list of how to find the next pod and so on leading up to the final item. There will be a total of 12 pods (6 for both sides) and 1 final item, bring all pods to show you went in order and followed the steps and the item at the end of the continuous game and recieve points.

-Flag pole caputre- count every 30min (15points) This is basic flag pole capture and guard, there 12 flag pole stations, flip the flag to whatever side team color you are and if it is your team color when we do the 30min count your team will get the points.

-Food Box rations- count every 30min (5points/box) Boxes that represent food boxes and rations will be randomly placed around the field, for a team to earn points they must find and gather these boxes and bring them back to their starting base, how every many are there during the 30min count will earn points. After the 30min count refs will take some of the food boxes away and rehide them to simulate a team consuming the food. A player may carry however many boxes they would like.

-Middle Wall Big Flag- count every 30min (30points) In the middle of the field there is a giant gray wall. Two flags will be placed on the wall one color for each team. To earn points a team must have their own color flag hung up during the 30 minute count.

12:30-1:30- Lunch/reload & Speedball option

-This is the time to reload, relax, eat, use the restroom, or play speedball. For speedball there may be 5v5 humans vs zombies. Whatever team wins a speedball match, elimination format, will recieve 2 extra points to go onto their overall total.

1:30-3:00- Vaccine Hunt

-Respawning will be the same as the continuous game.

-There will be four pods hidden and scattered accross the field. Each pod is filled with a vaccine and will have a bandana wrapped around it. Neither humans nor zombies know where these vaccines are hidden, if a zombie finds one they may not touch it with their hands as it is poisonous to them, but they still must protect it from the humans getting a hold of it, if a human player has found a vaccine pod and is carrying it he or she must wrap the bandana around to where it is visable to indicate you are a vaccine carrier. If a human gets shot while carrying a vaccine he or she must find the nearest reff and hand them the vaccine and bandana for reinsertion. Points are given at the end of the game time, for every unharmed/full vaccine pod the human team brings back it is 40points a pod or 20points for a pod that has lost its vaccine inside. For every pod not brought back is 40points to the zombie team.

3:00-3:45- Prep for final battle!!!

3:45 - 5:00- Final Battle

- Attack and Defend of the City, Attackers will be which ever side has the most points from earlier in the day. Attacker win by planting 3 flags in the center of the silo fort by 3 different players. If a flag is captured by a defending player it will be taken out of play for 15 min and put back into play at a random location. Re-Spawns will take place every 10 min.

This all may sound a little confusing, if anyone has ANY questions please let me know! We are working on bringing out hotdogs for lunch, if not there are a lot of fast food and pizza places close by. Remember to bring water, change batteries and come prepared so you can enjoy more paintball! We have about 12 or so picnic tables, some under shade some are not, it would be wise to bring your own table and shading just in case there are none left. Another good item to bring along would be a watch so you can see how much time you have left for each mission/game.
Hope to see everyone on the 7th!

IMPORTANT: before you unload your equipment from your vehicle you must sign a saftey waiver and pay for entry. Their will be no air fills, firing range shooting or sales of paint done before this!!

safety waiver:

http://img842.imageshack.us/i/scanpic0001y.jpg/

Map of field, flag stations, and bases will be made up and up on here soon.

Last edited by dannythegreat : 04-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.
dannythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2012, 12:48 PM #2
dannythegreat

Here is the field map layout. All major forts are marked. There are bunkers throughout the field that are not marked on the map so don't let that mess you up.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 AM #3
washtub

This is still happening right?
washtub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 AM #4
dannythegreat

Heck ya!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 PM #5
washtub

Awesome looking forward to it
Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 AM #6
dannythegreat

Sounds good! See us there..
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 PM #7
USAFballer

USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
USAFballer supports Team VICIOUS
USAFballer plays in the APPA D5 division
the weather should make this very interesting if it happens like the weather guys are talking.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/okl...31800_pc?day=2
Dye R2

AVID Extreme Sports
USAFballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM #8
ephil
L337 KREW

All of the local news sites have the rain chances from 30%-60%

I don't think anyone really knows how the weather will be...

I am taking snow shoes and a beach blanket just make sure I am prepared...

Thanks to our sponsors Shaggy Brothers Paintball Supply and RAP4.
ephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:38 PM #9
dannythegreat

Bring it on is all i say to the rain
Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 PM #10
USAFballer

USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
USAFballer supports Team VICIOUS
USAFballer plays in the APPA D5 division
Just looked it back up. They have moved the rain to the pm time frame.
Dye R2

AVID Extreme Sports
USAFballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:50 PM #11
washtub

Sweet
Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 AM #12
dannythegreat

So given the fact the last two events we put on had rain/sleet/cold weather, i think it is safe to say we suck at picking good weather dates.. Plus side of this is that we have proven our selves to still put on the event!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:22 PM #13
ephil
L337 KREW

Great game! We had a lot of fun.

Thanks guys!

Thanks to our sponsors Shaggy Brothers Paintball Supply and RAP4.
ephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:37 PM #14
paintballer3036

paintballer3036 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
big thanks to everybody that came out today to play hope everyone enjoyed themselves, also i want to apologize about some of the problems with the paint i hope everyone understands there wasnt anything we could do about it we just got the batch in yesterday, look forward to seeing everybody at future events
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 AM #15
dannythegreat

I know it's a bit late but what did everyone think of the objectives and missions that were used?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 AM #16
Spectre545

With my group,i know we really enjoyed the missions! Not too complex & not too simple, plus good competition all around. Great reffing also!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 AM #17
iamjacobm

Yolo

^Got silver parts? ill take them!^
iamjacobm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM #18
paintballer3036

paintballer3036 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
please excuse the post above this one and refer to the thread for this years game for any updates
ReplyRegional Ups