- Vanguard Demon
- Dangerous Power Rev-i

Or these New
- Proto Reflex Rail
- Planet Eclipse Etek 4 LT w/ Hush Bolt
- Macdev Drone DX
-Empire Axe w/Boss Bolt
- Dangerous Power FX w/Hush Bolt

Please state pros and cons-I care about reliability, consistency, accuracy, stock barrel, and smoothness. Also but not so much the packaging.
Thanks!
nickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 07:41 AM #2
dr.paintball
JON RAMOS. ILLINOIS

From your options, I would TOTALLY go used. But if u were to buy new, I would go with either the drone dx or axe. Both are really nice, axe probably being the better of the two. Due to Kee's amazing customer service and the axes reliability, although the stock barrel isn't so hot.
For used I would go with the g6r if you want a smooth poppet. It does require a little bit more maintenance then other poppets but I promise you will LOVE the shot. For spools I would go with the dm9. It's a proven platform and not many changes were made since the 09 version. I'm sure someone else will help you thats not in such a rush, but good luck with your choice!
JON RAMOS #37

CHICAGOLAND TRIBE
dr.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:45 AM #3
nickballer

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM #4
VESIUS

VESIUS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VESIUS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VESIUS has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VESIUS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Man, if I only knew.. I got a DM8, brand new and only ever used it once or twice. The thing is so much maintenance compared to the Geo and plus it has that stupid plastic eye cover thing.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2331854226.png EPIC INTERNETZ
VESIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM #5
BurningPlaydoh

We need to know what you're looking for in a marker. With a list that large and a opeb ended question like that you will get completely different answers cause people have different opinions.
Do you want efficiency, smooth shot, quiet shot, low price, reliability, etc.? Pick a couple qualities you're looking for and people will be able to give some great advice.

Pretty much any of those markers is a good choice too, although I haven't really heard anything about the ZR-1 and some say Dangerous Power has poor quality control, at least for their low to mid level markers.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 AM #6
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

has been a member for 10 years
Clone.

blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 AM #7
BurningPlaydoh

At least give the OP some reasons if you're gonna post a gun guys.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM #8
Buckeye22

Buckeye22 is BST Trusted
Buckeye22 plays in the PSP
Buckeye22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Buckeye22 supports Team VICIOUS
Buckeye22 plays in the APPA D4 division
Buckeye22 supports Empire
empire axe. its a nice mid end gun and when you tune it with the boss bolt the gun shoots really smooth.i have an axe with boss bolt and redline board and it operates at about 140psi with very very little kick. its also quiet. with the redline the axe feels nice with out it its nice but feels better with the redline.
Buckeye22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 AM #9
inferno2inferno

For the used guns, I would pick the Ego for durability, reliability and efficiency. In the new list, I would pick the etek 4 for the same reasons out of the new list. It is the most solid marker in the new list and has the best out of the box performance. The Axe would be another good choice, but in my opinion it needs to be upgraded out of the box which increases the price a bit, but is still worth it.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 AM #10
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Ok... the Clone GT is the best gun on the market and if it is an option, then by default it is the best option. It is smooth, efficient, reliable and quiet. Not much else to say really.

I also really like the G6R, axe, dm9 and the demon (in that order).

blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 AM #11
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My personal opinion is the 2013 Demon would be the best of those due to how much less it costs compared to the Luxe, Clone, DM12. While maybe not quite AS smooth as the GT, it's I'd say 95% as smooth, just as efficient (more efficient than a Luxe), just as nice of a board (better IMO than a Luxe or DM by far), internally milled just like the GT/Luxe.

After the Demon, I like the GT and the DM9/10 (not a fan of the DM11+ going to the NT style trigger and grips, I dislike them greatly).
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 PM #12
EmpireAxe3

it depends what style you like. if you like fancy looking good guns go with the drone dx which is my current gun i have for sale. but if you like a Very durable gun than go with the empire axe. the axe is called the "tank" for a reason. its all personal preference
EmpireAxe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 PM #13
BurningPlaydoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireAxe3 View Post
it depends what style you like. if you like fancy looking good guns go with the drone dx which is my current gun i have for sale. but if you like a Very durable gun than go with the empire axe. the axe is called the "tank" for a reason. its all personal preference
"Fancy looking" is probably the least important thing (IMHO) in a marker, and while the Drone is an exteremly nice shooter, and has a metal gripframe, I don't really think I'd call it fancy.

Also, note to OP: stacked-tube poppets like the Etek, Ego, and G6R will always be the most reliable if that's what you're looking for
Old 12-01-2012, 11:34 PM #14
*C-Ro*
N.O. Bounty

*C-Ro* is a Supporting Member
*C-Ro* plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Ok... the Clone GT is the best gun on the market and if it is an option, then by default it is the best option. It is smooth, efficient, reliable and quiet. Not much else to say really.

I also really like the G6R, axe, dm9 and the demon (in that order).
Best gun on market ?? And what has been used to prove this ? There is NO SUCH thing as a "Best gun" i personally think the two "Best guns" being the Luxe and the Clone Gt are both overpriced crap, but i also personally dislike spool valve markers. I prefer poppits ... I feel the ego or any bob long poppits are the "Best Guns" ... A price tag does not reflect performance... With the technology of the guns today, the performance between an AXE and a lets say a GEO 3 is no where near worth 1000 dollars ... Most fields shoot 12.5, so ROF is not a selling point, and efficiency is pretty much what and what amongst all manufacturers these days ... The "Best Gun" is whatever the player prefers and feels best with .. I myself shoot a G6R and i would throw a LUXE in the garbage before i switched to one ... Its nothing but a shocker with a facelift anyways ... Shoot them both and see ... Same gun

LNIB Dangerous Power G3 F/S !!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...569&highlight=
RAMPING KILLED PAINTBALL !
*C-Ro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 PM #15
*C-Ro*
N.O. Bounty

*C-Ro* is a Supporting Member
*C-Ro* plays in the APPA D5 division
Whatever u choose ... Dont waste your money on a new gun ... Go used ... Why pay 1500 when u can wait 6 months and get it for 500 ... Or put a pump kit on any gum and the price instantly goes up 1000 dollars it seems .. Haha

LNIB Dangerous Power G3 F/S !!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...569&highlight=
RAMPING KILLED PAINTBALL !
*C-Ro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:41 AM #16
nickballer

Thanks everyone for your input- I think I'll get the ego 11 or the geo 2.1 - I'll see what I can try out at my field.