PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2012, 01:34 PM #22
quakcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
so?
More proof the government is ineffective and inefficient in fixing the economy.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM #23
Matt.is.back2011

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakcer View Post
Except they aren't eager to go back to that, I've never seen a libertarian that ever said that.
A Romney win will gaurantee that. Perhaps I mispoke: why are Libertarians not campaigning for an Obama re-election?

U of M Football: 10-2
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM #24
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
wut
The united states has the largest and most complex military right now. It uses this to influence economic situations in our favor. This is done through garrisons and proxy wars, typically. The result is typical of any other Empire that has ever existed. Funnelling wealth from other nations into our own. This is the only thing maintaining our current standard of living. The reason for this is that the wealth brought on by the empire raised the standard of living so high, that the costs of production grew with it. Thus you get the outsourcing to other nations. Rolling back the empire would destroy our standard of living and our economy. At this point it is only a matter of time, with hawks clamoring to hold on to what we have while we can, and others thinking we can roll back our influence with no consequences. We do not possess the domestic economy to keep us from collapse.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM #25
quakcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
A Romney win will gaurantee that. Perhaps I mispoke: why are Libertarians not campaigning for an Obama re-election?
Except libertarians don't want Romney to win, and they don't want obama to win either because he is at odds with almost everything libertarians believe in.
quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 PM #26
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
The united states has the largest and most complex military right now. It uses this to influence economic situations in our favor. This is done through garrisons and proxy wars, typically. The result is typical of any other Empire that has ever existed. Funnelling wealth from other nations into our own. This is the only thing maintaining our current standard of living. The reason for this is that the wealth brought on by the empire raised the standard of living so high, that the costs of production grew with it. Thus you get the outsourcing to other nations. Rolling back the empire would destroy our standard of living and our economy. At this point it is only a matter of time, with hawks clamoring to hold on to what we have while we can, and others thinking we can roll back our influence with no consequences. We do not possess the domestic economy to keep us from collapse.
i'm sorry, but this is completely made up bull****.

our declining economic fortunes as of late have absolutely nothing to do with geopolitics.

While I don't support big military rollbacks, I don't see how removing bases from places like korea or japan effects our economy in the long run at all.

We are not an agrarian economy. We don't derive our fortunes from land use.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 PM #27
Dentpusher

Quote:
If we had a limited government we wouldn't have a $16 trillion debt.
How can you actually suggest a govt that spends what 3+ trillion a year is limited? Libertarians were not happy with the previous admin either, hence teaparty. But the teaparty has been mischaracterized as against democrats by the MSM. They are against an over reaching bloated government period.

My GEAR Bag sale

TeamChaos99 ripped me and others off! Good guy gone bad!!!
Dentpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:46 PM #28
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Except libertarians don't want Romney to win, and they don't want obama to win either because he is at odds with almost everything libertarians believe in.
I just proved that he's not, though.....

Obama as an individual, yes. Obama combined with the current congress, is realistically the best you could hope for. (I'm assuming you're a libertarian, no?)

Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM #29
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post
How can you actually suggest a govt that spends what 3+ trillion a year is limited? Libertarians were not happy with the previous admin either, hence teaparty. But the teaparty has been mischaracterized as against democrats by the MSM. They are against an over reaching bloated government period.
Go back and read my post about government debt vs. new government spending...I've already proven that new spending has decreased significantly since 2010.....

Old 10-04-2012, 01:48 PM #30
licence2kill
POOP

in defense of libertarians, they are not ****ing tea-partiers lol
Old 10-04-2012, 01:50 PM #31
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
i'm sorry, but this is completely made up bull****.

our declining economist fortunes as of late have absolutely nothing to do with geopolitics.

While I don't support big military rollbacks, I don't see how removing bases from places like korea or japan effects our economy in the long run at all.

We are not an agrarian economy. We don't derive our fortunes from land use.
Please explain what maintains our obscenely high standard of living relative to our domestic economy.

The maintenance of garrisons ensures a reminder of our military and thus the cooperation with the united states.

For the record I dont see anything wrong with what we do. Only the gross mismanagement that got us to where we are. Which seems to be inevitable for any nation involved in the empire business.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 PM #32
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Please explain what maintains our obscenely high standard of living relative to our domestic economy.
total factor productivity growth
Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 PM #33
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
total factor productivity growth
Elaborate. I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I'd rather not call bull**** on typical economist thinking where generally everything external (IE geopolitics) which influences economic situations is ignored.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM #34
licence2kill
POOP

we do more work with less effort, mostly because of technology.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:02 PM #35
Iamamartianchurch

Technology reduces the amount of laborers you need and increases your production and your capital. Problem is, it reduces the ability of the laborer to purchase the goods resulting in over production. This typically leads to deflation and high unemployment. Arguably where we are at now. We can produce all we want but without a buyer, we are dead in the water. Which is of course ignoring the fact that the costs to upstart production facilities required large extractions of capital. The point is, this isn't very sustainable without some outside generation of revenue from which to extract capital. This certainly does not explain how we've managed to keep our standard of living so high amidst the current climate.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM #36
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentpusher View Post
No the teaparty was a bunch of bat**** crazies who couldn't appeal to anyone except bat**** crazies. You can try to blame the media for their shortcomings though.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM #37
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
No the teaparty was a bunch of bat**** crazies who couldn't appeal to anyone except bat**** crazies. You can try to blame the media for their shortcomings though.
Umm... no.

And I'm not one of them.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM #38
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Got anything better than "no"? Legitimately curious as to your point.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM #39
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Dismissing them is as irresponsible as dismissing the entire occupy movement as the same.

Were there crazies present? Yes.

Did they appeal to people? Yes.

Was the tea party treated differently than the occupy movement by the media? Yes.

Making dinner. Ever have mashed purple potatoes?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM #40
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Technology reduces the amount of laborers you need and increases your production and your capital. Problem is, it reduces the ability of the laborer to purchase the goods resulting in over production. This typically leads to deflation and high unemployment. Arguably where we are at now. We can produce all we want but without a buyer, we are dead in the water. Which is of course ignoring the fact that the costs to upstart production facilities required large extractions of capital. The point is, this isn't very sustainable without some outside generation of revenue from which to extract capital. This certainly does not explain how we've managed to keep our standard of living so high amidst the current climate.
no

it frees up labor resources to be employed in other productions, or it simply increases the output of that existing labor making us all richer.

if we do suffer from a general glut the solution is to just print more money
Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 PM #41
shakeyjonez
Pro Life Pro GOD Pro Guns

I know one libtard who is desperate after Romney kicked Obama's *** in the first debate. This is hilarious.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 PM #42
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Dismissing them is as irresponsible as dismissing the entire occupy movement as the same.

Were there crazies present? Yes.

Did they appeal to people? Yes.

Was the tea party treated differently than the occupy movement by the media? Yes.

Making dinner. Ever have mashed purple potatoes?
Well to be fair I thought the occupy movement was a bunch of crazies too. Maybe I'm being too broad. Yes I love purple potatoes they are heartier than the normal variety and quite tasty.