Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-13-2004, 07:33 PM #22
MeRfCaKe

has been a member for 10 years
MeRfCaKe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
^^^ very good point,

football is like the most dangerous sport, it seems like at least 3 ppl get hurt a game, ive only seen one seious injury when paintballing, but he was playing on a already injured knee
Custom Cockers
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2004, 07:34 PM #23
LessThanJake77

LessThanJake77 is a Supporting Member
LessThanJake77 plays in the PSP
LessThanJake77 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally posted by MagHatter
it was on nbc. but abc is stupid too.
oh well confused with the other thread about it being on abc
PennStatePaintball #77
Old 01-13-2004, 07:41 PM #24
what a thing

ABC is so gay..... I just wrote them and told them how ghey they are and that they can take their ghey headline and shove it up their ghey *****

Soon to Come
Empire Magna Loader, Angel Magno Kit
Old 01-13-2004, 07:57 PM #25
somepoorsoul
No bull****

lol, the only time I ever seen a person get hit in the eye with a paintball (out of a gun otherwise quiet a few) he looked down the barrel of his cocker and pulled the trigger, it wasn't a great introduction to my first tourney.

Yeh, I'm a ref...
Old 01-13-2004, 08:25 PM #26
[F1]Finch
I like Ice Cream

[F1]Finch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
He did what? Man that really sucks. But the crap that they put on T.V. really bothers me, it's so one sided. Also when they try to put the safety that paintball has it's so small, and they go over it really quickly, therefore alot of people don't hear it or respond to it. That doctor, really angers me also. I guess it's his opinions but, he should experience it first instead of being biased. Just another thing to bring down the sport.

Feedback
Old 01-13-2004, 08:51 PM #27
MattM

Re: some gay doctor on tv

Quote:
Originally posted by somepoorsoul
getting gogged and says "it's a good thing this guy was wearing a mask, imagine if he hadn't." well, good thing your not next door to me, imagine what would happen to you if you don't have a security system.
thats for sure goin into my signiture! lmao
Old 01-13-2004, 09:42 PM #28
muska1807

muska1807 is a Supporting Member
i just emailed them this.got carried away
"listen, i saw the ad, Lame. paintball STATISTICS SAY that this sport we play has less yearly injuries than golf! everythign "when used improperly" is dangerous, i cna smash ur faces with a baseball bat, that means baseball is a dangerous harmful sport? NO, REAL paintball players dont do drive-by shootings, those are punk kids who buy CHEAP guns at stores and casue mena havic. paintball is an extremely safe sport as i play football, i would know. so stop being BIASED ****ers and actualy read up adn know what ur talking about u ignorant politicly correct **** heads."
Old 01-13-2004, 09:43 PM #29
Ruzhyo666

You could of at leasted picked up a dictionary, I mean, you are representing us, damnit.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:49 PM #30
muska1807

i can spell really well actually, i jsut get out of control when i type, besides i coudl care less what those tools think of me
Old 01-13-2004, 09:50 PM #31
Ruzhyo666

Good point. They will probibly respond with some biased bull **** to make it seem like their cry for viewers at the expensive of such a great industry it justified.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:53 PM #32
luisodude

Quote:
Originally posted by muska1807
"listen, i saw the ad, Lame. paintball STATISTICS SAY that this sport we play has less yearly injuries than golf! everythign "when used improperly" is dangerous, i cna smash ur faces with a baseball bat, that means baseball is a dangerous harmful sport? NO, REAL paintball players dont do drive-by shootings, those are punk kids who buy CHEAP guns at stores and casue mena havic. paintball is an extremely safe sport as i play football, i would know. so stop being BIASED ****ers and actualy read up adn know what ur talking about u ignorant politicly correct **** heads."
i hope u realize that talking **** to them isnt goin to help our cause
Old 01-13-2004, 09:55 PM #33
muska1807

i dont care, i enjoyed it.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:00 PM #34
Redman05

Ya, dude muska, I hope that wasn't an exact copy of what you sent them. That doesn't portray the paintballing community very well...
Old 01-13-2004, 10:48 PM #35
paintmagnet925

As much as this sport is progressing ill laugh at that guy when paintball becomes a mainstream sport!
Old 01-13-2004, 10:56 PM #36
crazyj23
RTFM

Quote:
Originally posted by muska1807
"Next week on ABC: Paintball players are illiterate...stay tuned."

I mean if you care enough to send them an e-mail then you should care enough to atleast spell correctly...your reaction is the type they cherish, it helps validate their views of paintball...but speaking of dangerous sports, there are a few deaths each year in softball from skull fractures caused from batted balls
Old 01-13-2004, 11:29 PM #37
MonkeyG

did the inside edition story already run? when is it supposed to run?
Old 01-14-2004, 12:10 AM #38
ItyBityMexican

well i tried to actually make a difference here and sent this to Good Morning America......

On Wednesday, January 13th Good Moring America will air a show about how the sport of paintball is dangerous. This is sheer fiction! Paintball is safer than bowling and golf to say the least. There are many safety rules and strict punishments for violators. Football is more dangerous, aggressive, and violent than paintball. It sickens me to see things like 'Hunt For Bambi' and various crimes involving paintball markers. I am proud to say the response of the founder of this 'Hunt for Bambi' to the question, "What was the first response you got from Hunting For Bambi?" was(quote), "I would say probably paintball fans...saying that I was going to ruin their sport, that was the most insane thing...I'm going to tell you that my biggest complainers maybe in percentage were paintball fans..." Paintball looks "war-like" and "violent." DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. I have been playing for about 2.5 years now. I enjoy myself! There are no sadistic motives or anything like that. I, personally, would gladly pay for the cast of "Good Morning America," to embark on a day of paintball. The media has made paintball look like a sports for "war-junkies" and "sadists." It can range from a recreational re-enactment or scenario to tournament style Super Air Ball. Being on a paintball team(which I am) has taught me organisation, team work, co-operation, and to have fun! It saddens me to see my great sport slandered by shows like this(no offense). Many celebrities play!!! William Shatner even owns his own paintball park! This list(to name a few) Will Smith, The Lakers, Drew Cary, Penny Marshall and more. The non-profit organization, A Place Called Home, which tries to keep kids out of gangs, had over 700 inner city kids come out for a day of paintball. Penny Marshall and Mr. Horry of the Lakers were also there to help out. Have you ever seen a story like this on CNN? NO??? Why dont you ever hear good things like this? A local tournament had an auciton there and donated 10% of every item sold to a soup kitchen. Please listen to this! There is more than one side to a story. Especially if one side is almost completely hype and fabrication.

Awaiting a fair evalution,
Joseph D. in Austin
Old 01-14-2004, 12:12 AM #39
ItyBityMexican

well crap.....reading over i see my grammar sucked
Old 01-14-2004, 01:38 PM #40
muska1807

lol, wjp cares, i GUARENTEE they wont even get read.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:45 PM #41
Ivanna boff

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/L..._040114-1.html
Old 01-14-2004, 02:09 PM #42
vonort

Its stories like this that cause problems. Thats why as a community we have to turn in any moron that does something like this. If your in school and hear about it, tell the authorities. Even if its just shooting street signs. Thats were it starts. If they miss the sign they could hit a person.

Ps. nice letter mexican. I think you sent a good message for the pb community.