Old 04-19-2012, 05:44 PM #379
fAllout_oMen

has been a member for 10 years
fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Teams can always elect to not surrender and let their opponents walk the flag in if they want to slow the game down, but I know if it were me playing I'd like as many chances as possible to get out there and win a couple more.

- Chris
UNO played a team in prelims and the score was over ten to nothing. The other team let the UNO player walk around with the flag for several minutes so they wouldnt have to play anymore points and get crushed.

nobody wants to pay $40/case to go lose another point when its 13-0 or something like that.
fAllout_oMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 PM #380
mrkonner69
Back player WOOT WOOT!!!!

mrkonner69 supports Team VICIOUS
mrkonner69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mrkonner69 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mrkonner69 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Some schools dont allow paintball
mrkonner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM #381
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAllout_oMen View Post
UNO played a team in prelims and the score was over ten to nothing. The other team let the UNO player walk around with the flag for several minutes so they wouldnt have to play anymore points and get crushed.

nobody wants to pay $40/case to go lose another point when its 13-0 or something like that.
That sure sounds like competitive paintball to me.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 PM #382
PAINTSLINGER05

PAINTSLINGER05 is an NCPA player
PAINTSLINGER05 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkonner69 View Post
Some schools dont allow paintball
Define "allow".. We weren't allowed to use the NC State logo until just a few months ago, and they refuse to recognize you as a 'sport', so I could see where you're coming from in that aspect. But you should still be able to form a club or organization at your school with people who enjoy playing paintball.
PAINTSLINGER05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:30 PM #383
Doobie

Doobie is a founding member
Doobie supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
One reason why teams are occasionally allowed to compete at nationals/cup without participating in a conference is that some teams do not have a nearby conference. For example, Purdue used to compete in the Midwest conference but it fell apart at the end of 2009. The nearest conference (Ohio Valley, if I'm not mistaken) is about 8 hours away for the closest event. That wasn't practical for us and as a result we only made it to national events. If you have a team and the money to play nationals, would it be fair for the NCPA to tell you that you can't compete because you didn't drive several hundred miles to play a low level 5-man event?
Fair point. Understood.
Honorary member of the 518 Brigade

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:57 PM #384
mercedes0001

mercedes0001 supports Team VICIOUS
So when would we know if the rules get changed to see if UNO can bring all the fulltime students who are still considered pro in PSP?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM #385
tchalien
RETIRED LU Coach

tchalien plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tchalien owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tchalien posts videos on PbNation
tchalien plays in the APPA D4 division
tchalien is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes0001 View Post
So when would we know if the rules get changed to see if UNO can bring all the fulltime students who are still considered pro in PSP?
Karen,
I wouldn't anticipate the rule changing unless Chris says something different. NCPA is about expanding opportunities for college students to play paintball. I don't think Chris would exclude legitimate students from playing, especially for the "they are too good" excuse.
Plus it would be a slippery slope. If you don't allow pros, then you have schools with D1 players being the "top players," so then someone would say... (probably in a whiny voice) "they have D1 players and thats not fair..."
I say, IF THEY ARE FULL TIME STUDENTS, LET THEM PLAY.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM #386
mercedes0001

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalien View Post
Karen,
I wouldn't anticipate the rule changing unless Chris says something different. NCPA is about expanding opportunities for college students to play paintball. I don't think Chris would exclude legitimate students from playing, especially for the "they are too good" excuse.
Plus it would be a slippery slope. If you don't allow pros, then you have schools with D1 players being the "top players," so then someone would say... (probably in a whiny voice) "they have D1 players and thats not fair..."
I say, IF THEY ARE FULL TIME STUDENTS, LET THEM PLAY.
We are trying to build the program at UNO but it seems pointless to build a team if certain players are not allowed. I know all the players on this year's team will be returning to UNO with the exception of Phil who might graduate this year. At least his parents hope he does.

If most colleges are against us playing, we probably won't attend. These kids however did want to win just as bad for their college as much as any other college kid at the tournament.

Still great meeting some of the teams. I wish you luck in the future and maybe see you next year.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM #387
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Apollo918 supports Shocker RSX
I want you all there. Its great to watch you guys. It really ups the level of play at the event. It brings the best out of the teams you play.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 PM #388
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
I'm fully supportive of UNO playing next year, but don't get upset about counter coaching.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:53 PM #389
mercedes0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
I'm fully supportive of UNO playing next year, but don't get upset about counter coaching.
I will get upset about counter coaching in paintball til the day we don't play anymore. I hate it....it doesn't matter if it is PSP, at a Vicious Event or the NCPA. Probably too many years coaching at the YMCA. I have always taught good sportsmanship.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM #390
mercedes0001

I do think you are looking at a slippery slope. UNO stuck out because we have a group of pro kids playing in Nebraska. If you start eliminating pro, then it will be d1 ect....

This is a hobby. None of our players get paid to play paintball. Pro is just a word that could easily be changed to open. The day players can survive and make a living like other pro sports is the day people could complain. I don't see a day when a paintball player is going to sign a multi million dollar contract to play paintball.

They chose to play a lot of paintball as their hobby.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 PM #391
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life

UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

None of our players get paid to play paintball. Pro is just a word that could easily be changed to open.
This was Raehl's exact sentiment.

Based upon that, I think it's safe to assume that fulltime students at the same university will be eligible to participate in NCPA next year, regardless of APPA ranking.

That's my read of the situation, for what it's worth.

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM #392
dominantgazelle

dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Okay only saying this once.

These kids have every right to play for their school. They stand out because it is very rare for that many pro players to be from the same state and go to the same college. Guess what they all stayed in Nebraska so they could stay together and play paintball while getting a degree.

They did not sacrifice everything that they have done just so they could go play a college tournament. If they win you will bash them, if they lose you will bash them. They knew that coming in. Bryan has repped his state by wearing a Nebraska beanie everywhere he plays. He is proud of his state and has a right to play for it here.

Justin Pike, one of the forgotten players on the team moved to Nebraska to go to school to be closer to these kids and get better at paintball. He is getting a degree from Nebraska and hoping to be a pro player one day. I guess he shouldn't get to play either.

Bryan Richards has been playing local tournaments in Nebraka for years. He was thrilled to be able to play this tournament.

Did we intend to come here with 6? No. We had a deaf player on the team who dropped a class 2 weeks ago and he was no longer a fulltime student. We dropped him from the roster a week ago when we found out his status.

Our 8th player who would have been on the team had to drop out of school for financial reasons.

We have followed every rule in the rulebook. If you want the rules changed take it up with Chris Raehl. I guess the new rule is if you play pro in any other league, you can't play for your college. There is not one kid playing on UNO's roster that has ever been paid to play paintball. They are all fulltime college students, who just happen to be really good at this sport.
Beautifully said
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 AM #393
isgrowitaego

plays in the NXL
isgrowitaego owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
isgrowitaego is an NCPA player
isgrowitaego plays in the APPA D3 division
Dead Thread, Let them play it only can bring legitimacy to the league because it raises the level of ability, and Play. I have played against them in double a and yet to play them in single a, but they are just like the rest of us, and should have the ability to play in our league, just like the rest of us. Let them enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.
PHILADELPHIA XTREME #16
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY OWLS #16
Outdoor Extreme/ G.I. Sportz/ Planet Eclipse
isgrowitaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:01 PM #394
mercedes0001

Need to find two more players or we created all this controversy for nothing. Dang Zak for graduating. Still trying.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM #395
isgrowitaego

plays in the NXL
isgrowitaego owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
isgrowitaego is an NCPA player
isgrowitaego plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Need to find two more players or we created all this controversy for nothing. Dang Zak for graduating. Still trying.
You will, Best of luck
PHILADELPHIA XTREME #16
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY OWLS #16
Outdoor Extreme/ G.I. Sportz/ Planet Eclipse
isgrowitaego is offline   Reply With Quote