PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-21-2005, 06:56 PM #1
Sir Jman

Is an NME worth it?

Can't decide... I need a back up/ scenario gun and a nib olive nme for $500 is looking nice... (I normally shoot an alias)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2005, 07:01 PM #2
Chadgasm

has been a member for 10 years
...the NME will shoot as good/better than your alias....
Old 11-21-2005, 07:13 PM #3
Sir Jman

hmmm
Old 11-21-2005, 07:44 PM #4
insane#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jman
hmmm
i was faced with the same decision and now im thinking vision shocker..
Old 11-21-2005, 07:55 PM #5
UnbrakableX
xxx

UnbrakableX is a Supporting Member
I am in the exact same situation...just sold my gun and need a new one. I have about 500. Nme-450, proto-550ish, vision shocker-630. These are nib prices, I only buy nib cause i'm anal like that.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:56 PM #6
bornestar

its true
Old 11-21-2005, 09:15 PM #7
IBCNUGotGogged
Lance-a-ferd i guess

where's an NME for 450 new?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:47 PM #8
dukehenry
Spite Digital Productions

dukehenry is a Supporting Member
Sorry guys, but you cannot compare a marker like a vision Shocker with a gun with good eyes, and is efficient out of the box.

It is always personal preference, but an NME will perform as well (if not better) than the Proto 05 as well as a regular Shocker with vision.

Of course I am biased, since I own an NME. However at the beginning of this year I was contemplating an array of markers and the NME was the one I went with. Was one of the few good decisions I made in the year, the gun still rocks.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:23 PM #9
maruska
Mah-roo-ska

maruska plays in the PSP
maruska plays in the APPA D4 division
NME's are one of the best guns I personally, have ever shot or used. I have used everything from a Ghost to an EGO, and for the price, and NME is one of the best guns you can get for the value. They shoot perfect out of the box, you can count on them not to fall apart or break down due to the handmade construction. With the new WAS board in them, makes them even better.

BTW: Olive NME's are the hottest NME's out there. Enough Said. SIG

† Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loves us. †
Old 11-22-2005, 08:58 AM #10
Sir Jman

interesting...
Old 11-22-2005, 10:53 AM #11
Sir Jman

Still can't decide if it's worth it... I would probably be better off getting a second timmy
Old 11-22-2005, 12:33 PM #12
NEeradicator

If your just looking for a back up to your alias I would suggest getting another timmy since you'd already know how to trouble shoot it and probably have spare parts. I still llike the NME though and the price they are going at now is very tempting!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:42 PM #13
44hondaeater

I copy and paste this all the time, just my spin on things.

Great gun! To me it's probably the best all around performer as far as price, out-of-box performance, looks, effeciency, weight, and speed. I couldn't say anything on the stock barrel accuracy as I've never used, I've been using my CP kit.

I was going to get an 05 speed but ended up choosing the NME over it. For all my previous reasons as well as no one else has the NME. Which was very appealing to me. I constantly hear whispers and get great comments on it, plus it's pink and that's very popular here in Texas.

I went from using a shocker to the NME. I think I made the smartest purchase I could have. I spent about 2-3 months weighing my options on a lot of different guns even upgrading the shocker with a different grip frame, board, and anything else I could think of but you can see where I went.

I think overall it can't be beat. The only problem I have is that I can't get the velocity above 285, but I'm also using an HP tank instead of an LP. Which is soon going to get taken care of.

***Since writing this I have gotten an adjustable tank and am now able to shoot 300 without a problem.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:26 PM #14
bulgy

I have just got an NME and before that i was shooting an evolution x e2 cocker, i have also shot timmys and when i sold my cocker i was looking at getting a timmy again as my next gat, but i had always liked the look of the NME i had never shot one or seen one in the UK but in the end i went with it to see how good it was and to see if it was as good as a timmy. This thing is as good as a timmy and for pound for pound you cant beat.

At the end of the day it comes down to what you want and if you know anyone in your area with one try it and see for yourself. One of my teams mates some it up the other day when he shot it.
Quote:
feck me that thing is fecking fast, where did you get it.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:29 PM #15
Sir Jman

this is tough... how is parts quality compared to a timmy or similar?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:38 PM #16
bulgy

Quote:
this is tough... how is parts quality compared to a timmy or similar?
i would say just as good, the nice thing which i did like which i have never seen on a gat before was that you can adjust the size of the tigger guard for the size of your fingers. what is odd is that there is nothing on the gat which you would want to upgrade, having had a cocker last year the 1st thing i did was to add the E2 then i sent the gat to belsales for the evolution kit, but there is nothing on this gat i can see that i would want to upgrade or should be upgraded only the barrelbut thats the same with any gat and the stock barrel which comes with it is a .689 and does shot very nice.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:41 PM #17
Sir Jman

so for $500 it is a good buy?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM #18
SoN of a GuN
Fuzzy Lumpkins

doesnt it come with adjustable ram cap and high flow barbs already? im pretty sure if so, i would definately consider this over a stock alias
Konstantin Fedorov Fan Club Member #8
DC Arsenal Fanclub #20
My Feedback
Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM #19
bulgy

Quote:
so for $500 it is a good buy?
yes its a good buy when you look at the cost of a timmy to the cost of this which is just as good as a timmy and in its own right is a timmy. If you shut you eyes you would think it was a timmy you was shooting.

I live in the UK and a 2nd hand timmy is £400 for a 2k4 which is about $700 and the NME cost me just over £300 for a new gat which is just as good.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:55 PM #20
Sir Jman

i just bought it
Old 11-22-2005, 05:22 PM #21
44hondaeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoN of a GuN
doesnt it come with adjustable ram cap and high flow barbs already? im pretty sure if so, i would definately consider this over a stock alias

It has both, as a matter of fact.