Legen (wait for it) Dary

has been a member for 10 years
benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 supports Bob Gurnsey
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
I am pleased with how much I still take home every week but that doesn't change the fact that it is absolute bull<del>****</del> for the government to <del>****</del> with hard working people as much as they do. Especially when it comes to overtime. Why can't they cap taxable income to 40hr/wk to <del>****</del> with us a little less? I am in my mid 20s and I am a machine operator. My job is to reach into live machinery and oil moving parts and fix <del>****</del> when it breaks. Quite a few fellas missing digits in my department and almost all with bad burns at one point or another.
Good luck policing that. Sure in jobs where you have to be at work to perform your job it may work but a crap ton of people and work from home and/or travel for work. How simple would it be to sit there and half-*** work at home every night to say you worked 20 hours of overtime or count traveling for work as work and get tax free income?

Among other issues, of course.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM #23
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupyST View Post
This thread amused me.

The wealthier you get, the more your cost of living spikes for no fault but your own. Obviously it's great to have nice things--but you get trapped in a lifestyle of fiscal stupidity. I myself am guilty as hell BUT because of that I never discuss or complain about taxes. It would make me an *******. If I did, I wouldn't respect myself. I'd have to move out of the ridiculous apartment I'm living in that features a doorman, concierge, and maid staff. I'd have to sell my overpriced sports car that costs a hair over a grand just for stickers every year. I'd have to get rid of the vacation house I haven't visited in over a year. I'd have to learn to cook and not eat out every night totaling about $2,500/mo in credit card charges. The list goes on... But you understand right? Everyone I know is guilty of it to some degree. Everyone past ~50k/yr has extras that could EASILY be subtracted. Suggesting that you "bust you ***" and "all of that money should be mine--I earned it..." You did earn it--good job. But calm down and evaluate your life a bit if you're actually doing well off and still get high blood pressure over your check every week...

So to summarize Animal_Mother: Stop buying expensive/excessive **** if your $62k salary isn't comfortable enough for you to not ***** about taxes..

(Now... I will go on record and confess to complaining every once in a while about wasteful spending within the government--specifically local/city projects. $13 million for a train stop no larger than a camper? $60,000 per toilet at a public park? Things like that.)
I drive a 13yr old truck and live modestly, yet debt free. Are there some things I could go with out? Sure, but I could have said the same when I was making $20k/yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
So you get paid double the median US salary for a job that requires little training and education? Tell me again how that abject poverty is preventing you from affording a place to live or food for your family.

I can afford a place to live and put food on the table. Does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to put more into a college fund for my children instead of in Uncle Sam's pocket? Maybe someday when you have a real job and a family you'll understand.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM #24
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji25 View Post
Good luck policing that. Sure in jobs where you have to be at work to perform your job it may work but a crap ton of people and work from home and/or travel for work. How simple would it be to sit there and half-*** work at home every night to say you worked 20 hours of overtime or count traveling for work as work and get tax free income?

There are ways to scam the system no matter what, but for jobs like mine that involve punching in/out I think it would be pretty easy to regulate. Paying taxes is a part of the game, I get that, but to take over 30% of my overtime pay is robbery after they've already taken over 30% of my regular pay.

(or whatever the exact % is, but it's around 30)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM #25
F1VENOM

Quote:
I drive a 13yr old truck and live modestly, yet debt free. Are there some things I could go with out? Sure, but I could have said the same when I was making $20k/yr

I can afford a place to live and put food on the table. Does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to put more into a college fund for my children instead of in Uncle Sam's pocket? Maybe someday when you have a real job and a family you'll understand.
You're still able to do all of that and live comfortably making what you do now. Taxes pay for a lot of services, I don't see how it's still hard for you to understand.

I've already had a few "real" jobs and what I payed in taxes wasn't a concern because of how little I made. Made the smart choice to go back and get an education. I don't see why you don't bust out that GI Bill and make life easier for yourself instead of complaining about how good your life is.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM #26
im bad at pbx

is playing at Living Legends XI
im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Why raise taxes on people that pay them when 1/2 the country doesn't pay taxes? I mean that's the real problem. All of our taxes are about to skyrocket so some lazy jack *** can sit on his *** with his Obama care and welfare. I feel your pain.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM #27
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
You're still able to do all of that and live comfortably making what you do now. Taxes pay for a lot of services, I don't see how it's still hard for you to understand.

I've already had a few "real" jobs and what I payed in taxes wasn't a concern because of how little I made. Made the smart choice to go back and get an education. I don't see why you don't bust out that GI Bill and make life easier for yourself instead of complaining about how good your life is.
I am also getting an education and using my GI bill. Although I don't know many college grads making what I am right now. I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit that it's bull**** that the harder you work, the more they want to **** you. I hope someday you get it.

Last edited by Animal_Mother : 11-14-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM #28
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
How much I paid in taxes for this past week of work.
Just look at it this way. $560 of that goes to my VA disability every month.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM #29
OccupyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji25 View Post

Time/Logging systems help. It is a reality many small companies are researching as this whole "cloud" thing takes over. If an employee is remoted in, they are usually task/results driven as opposed to a convenience store/retail clerk. Different work roles altogether I'd think.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM #30
F1VENOM

Quote:
I am also getting an education and using my GI bill. Although I don't know many college grads making what I am right now.
So your life's so good and you still whine. ****ing WPFWP in here.

It's not uncommon for STEM grads to pull $70k a year starting, but of course that's regional.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM #31
OccupyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by im bad at pbx View Post
Why raise taxes on people that pay them when 1/2 the country doesn't pay taxes? I mean that's the real problem. All of our taxes are about to skyrocket so some lazy jack *** can sit on his *** with his Obama care and welfare. I feel your pain.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88H0ZN20120918
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM #32
F1VENOM

Quote:
I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit that it's bull**** that the harder you work, the more they want to **** you. I hope someday you get it.
What are you being deprived of? A jetski? More vacations? A brand new truck every year?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM #33
Animal_Mother (Banned)

My life is "so good" because I work my *** off for everything I have. 50+hr work weeks and 12cr again this semester... Just living the dream. Does that at all change the fact that hard working Americans are over taxed? I think not.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 PM #34
F1VENOM

Quote:
My life is "so good" because I work my *** off for everything I have. 50+hr work weeks and 12cr again this semester... Just living the dream. Does that at all change the fact that hard working Americans are over taxed? I think not.
So sit back, grab a beer and be happy you can afford the internet you use to whine.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 PM #35
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
What are you being deprived of? A jetski? More vacations? A brand new truck every year?

Money that I earned, why is that concept so tough to grasp? If you want to talk about how little you need in life, I could solve our social welfare problems pretty quickly by giving everyone on welfare the lifestlye I lived in Iraq and many more have lived in Afghanistan/Iraq. No running water or electricity, piss in a tube and burn your own ****. Saves us millions right there.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 PM #36
F1VENOM

Quote:
Money that I earned, why is that concept so tough to grasp? If you want to talk about how little you need in life, I could solve our social welfare problems pretty quickly by giving everyone on welfare the lifestlye I lived in Iraq and many more have lived in Afghanistan/Iraq. No running water or electricity, piss in a tube and burn your own ****. Saves us millions right there.
So you're not missing out on much by paying those taxes. You act as if you pay someone an extortion fee for no benefit. Look around, everything you love and fought for/with was paid for with tax dollars.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 PM #37
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
So sit back, grab a beer and be happy you can afford the internet you use to whine.

But of course if I couldn't afford it, it'd be okay for someone else to pay for it for me right?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 PM #38
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
How much I paid in taxes for this past week of work. I'm sure none of you give a ****, but I think that's ****ed up. Why do these *******s find it necessary to tax the **** out of my paycheck including my overtime? I honestly think that income tax should be capped to 40hrs/wk or $500 (or maybe much lower?), which ever comes first. I still came home with over $1200 so I will get by, but I better get a good tax return or I'm smacking some hoes.
Thats it? you are *****ing about paying 560 bucks in taxes a week. I WISH thats all they took and I have deductions like crazy!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM #39
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
So you're not missing out on much by paying those taxes. You act as if you pay someone an extortion fee for no benefit. Look around, everything you love and fought for/with was paid for with tax dollars.

I can't recall saying I shouldn't pay ANY taxes. I said there should be a cap on how much they can take per paycheck (every week in my case).
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM #40
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:

Who are you to deprive a man the fruits of his labor? You make it seem your position is the government owns us.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 PM #41
F1VENOM

Quote:
I can't recall saying I shouldn't pay ANY taxes. I said there should be a cap on how much they can take per paycheck (every week in my case).
Pretty sure there's a cap and you can't buy beer with foodstamps.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 PM #42
OccupyST

Frankie says relax.
Closed Thread