Old 04-18-2002, 03:40 PM #1
djchuckc
Shock Me

djchuckc is a founding member
djchuckc plays in the PSP
djchuckc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
djchuckc plays in the APPA D5 division
Summer Smackdown Prize Package June 29th and 30th

The event will be a 5 man rookie and novice format. Seperate divisions for rookie and novice. Rookie division is limited to 3 tourneys experience or less and under 15 years of age. The exception to that is that parents may play with their kids. There was a HUGE difference in play between the rookie and nov's in the last event. Too many rookies were getting handled and I mean handled. Entry fee for both rookie and novice is $125. Prelims will be Saturday and finals on Sunday for both divisions.

Entry is limited to 48 teams total. Pre-register by June 21st!! Email me at djchuckc@hotmail.com or call me at (816) 784-4000 for an entry form.

Prizes for ROOKIE division
1st Place - 5 First place trophies and 5 Black Draguns
2nd Place- 5 Second Place Trophies and 5 Steel N2 Tanks
3rd Place - 5 Third Place Trophies and 5 V-Force Masks
4th Place - 5 Fourth Place Medals and 5 packs w/ pods
5th Place - 5 Fifth Place Medals and 5 Marker Carrying Cases

Prizes for Novice division
These prizes are the same with the exception of 1st place, which will be getting Autocockers instead of Black Draguns. $125 djchuckc@hotmail.com (816) 784-4000
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2002, 04:16 PM #2
demonkidzGod
back from iraq...

demonkidzGod is a Supporting Member
demonkidzGod is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
It would be nice to know where its taking place at....... ????
Old 04-18-2002, 05:05 PM #3
djchuckc
Shock Me

Kansas City, Missouri

Kansas City, Missouri
Hodge Park
I-35 North and 152 Highway
7000 N. Barry Road
Old 04-20-2002, 02:58 PM #4
ShaolinMonkE
K7 Paintball

ShaolinMonkE is a founding member
Chris....Its Dustin

Chris:

Could I ask you a question? Did you really camp out at Hodge Park the night before the tournament to insure that the "local teams posing the boycott" wouldnt vandalize the field? I hope that was not the reason you stayed out there.

Granted there were alot of field owners who not to happy about the tournament taking place but thats not my business. I just hope you dont think that the local teams around here have turned into a bunch of "thugs".

Another thing, and this is not directed toward you Chris, I just thought I would clear the air surrounding SplatCity. We DID have a couple of our guys playing in the tournament but the reason why the Wrecking Kidz did not attend as a team was because we are trying to pool our money to go to both Cups (Challenge and World).

**DISCLAIMER** If anyone has something to say about the Kidz or myself (Dustin Pryor) then please feel free to call me on my cell phone at any time or you could come down to SplatCity and see me. I would love to hear your input. Otherwise, just bring it!!

Chris, by the way congrats. I heard the tourney had a couple of snags but congrats about getting through them and getting some airtime on the news.

That is all for now,
Dustin

K7 Paintball - Team N.Q.R.

R.I.P. Erik "Lil E" Schmidt - 04.14.1974 - 10.13.2005
Old 04-20-2002, 02:59 PM #5
ShaolinMonkE
K7 Paintball

Chris about the whole camp out thing, that was just a rumor I had heard and I thought I would ask you directly.

Thanks,
Dustin

Old 04-20-2002, 03:51 PM #6
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Kansas Kaos is a Supporting Member
Kansas Kaos is a founding member
If I remember correctly.......

Someone camped out at the tourney site last year as well....... Personally I think Chris just wanted to use his new little trailer again before D-Day
Old 04-20-2002, 05:19 PM #7
djchuckc
Shock Me

Any big type of event that is run by the city is required to have someone watch the location overnight to ensure that no one disturbs it. Liability issues. I chose to be there myself this time.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:00 AM #8
ShaolinMonkE
K7 Paintball

Cool Chris, yeah I remember Hylton did it last year. I just wanted to hear it straight from source though and kill all the rumors. But anyway congrats on the tourney anyway.

Dustin

Old 04-21-2002, 10:33 AM #9
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

Definitly time to MOVE ON.......

No need to keep beating that horse...... it's dead and buried!
Let's focus on hosting & attending some well run tourneys this season. I think the K.C. area has the potential to draw some BIG NUMBERS....... We're starting to get some positive press recognition, let's keep it going
Old 04-21-2002, 08:00 PM #10
GroceryBoyz4Life

hey all i have to say is that chris had a awesome tourney probably the best i have been to. i just wish grocery boyz would have done better but we played some good paintball. anyway just wanted to say thanks for the great time and thank the refs for a great tourney. thanks a lot guys.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:05 AM #11
Kick'nCaReLesS

Exclamation Its sad!!

After reading and talking to my buddy Chris I find it kidna sad that a local paintball store would boycott an event. I can understand not coming cause of saving money or something like that but when someone just does not come because they dont like the event or they view it as competition it is really sad. Its a shame politics have to play a part in paintball. I hope everyone puts aside there likes and dislikes for the June tournament because I was reffing at the last one and I can say one thing is for sure and thats any field owner in the Kansas City area who isnt trying to be a part of this event is only hurting themselves due to the smoothness of the tournement organization. I can easily see this event become a premier event in the Midwest with time. It has all the right ingredients for long lasting success. I will most likely be reffing the next one in June and I hope everyone comes out and enjoys themselves. Cya all in JUNE and good luck to all teams.

Stephen Greninger
Team Careless
Old 04-22-2002, 09:41 AM #12
Kansas Kaos
Fresh Crow served daily

I'm Probably Sounding like a Broken Record but.......

Let's move on!!!!!
There is a lot of truth in what's being stated here but what's past is past...... let's leave it there and stop bringing it up.
Now, at the risk of sounding like a cheerleader I'd like to say a few things.......
Everyone in the K.C. area has the opportunity to "get on board".... screw the past, it doesn't exist. This tournement series is taking hold and it's only gunna get bigger & better. It's well run and has a great team of personnel involved. With only 2 tourneys completed the KCP&R/Kick'n K.C. Tourney is already getting press exposure!! What smart business person wouldn't view this as a HUGE benefit and insentive to become involved??
I truely don't see a downside to this anywhere....... it's a win win situation for players & local business owners. In fact if we all worked together and focused on a common goal K.C. could easily become paintballs "MAJOR" Mid-West Tourney host.
O.K...... that's it, my arms are sore from shakin' my pom-poms

Last edited by Kansas Kaos : 05-08-2002 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:28 AM #13
scottym

So now that this thing is about a month away . . . "Who's coming with me?"

Who's gonna show up at this bad boy. I guess if enough TRUE rookie teams show they get their own bracket. Now thats extremely cool!!! Breaking the new guys into the sport with an actual chance to win some really cool stuff.

I am returning to this one, with the same team "Panik" to see if we can improve on our 3rd place showing. This time I think I would rather win or place racing fans. Showing just doesn't have the satifaction of winning. Lets get the area buzzing about this tourney, so we can have some great competition.

Where ya at?

CrazySandman
Old 05-17-2002, 10:34 AM #14
GroceryBoyz4Life

hey scott whats going on? anyway the Grocrey Boyz will be there! this will be our 3rd show so maybe like they say 3rd time is a charm. anyway i was wondering if we are gonna practice next week. cause i havent played since the tourney cause schools about out and i have finals. anyway just let me know. and i noticed that the splat city guys stole our punchline "Summer Sizzler" anywho just let me know about practice. and if you see barclay or zico ask them if they are playing for me or not cause i need to get my stuff turned in.

later scott and the rest of the guys.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:31 PM #15
ShaolinMonkE
K7 Paintball

About the whole stealing thing...

Im sorry if I took your idea of the whole "SUMMER SIZZLER" thing. I honestly did not mean to. I was watching White Men Cant Jump when I came up with that tourney name. Anywho...no harm done.

-D

Last edited by Brnzbuddha : 05-18-2002 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2002, 08:16 AM #16
fogbow

fogbow is a Supporting Member
Sounds sweet and I'll be there at the Hodge event. Last Hodge tourney was awesome so ppl that are thinking "Should I play this event?" the anwser is a yes. So I suggest getting your entres in as soon as you can. Look forward to playing you guys there.

~fog
-Gboyz

Last edited by fogbow : 05-18-2002 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:27 PM #17
scottym

Justin

Yes playing last weekend. Sorry missed getting back with you. Dont know about Zico & Barclay? We are practicing this weekend too. Sunday as usual. Shoot you all there, hopefully.

Sleep on it,

ScottyM