PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM #1
ivan_mech2

ivan_mech2 supports DLX Technology
Front Player Advice n Strategy

Im a front man in my local paintball field, but lack experience, wat are some pointers, and what is a good setup such as the best equipment to be quick, and which gun would you recommend for a front player?
ivan_mech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 PM #2
BlazeTSR
Getting rediculous

BlazeTSR plays in the PSP
BlazeTSR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BlazeTSR plays in the APPA D5 division
If you want good answers tell us what format(s) you generally play (3man, 5man, 7man, xball) and if you're a snake side or dside kind of guy. Mainly remember as a front player your job is to get to you spot alive then be aggressive to get those kills. You do your team more good alive, so remember if guns are shooting at you stay calm and communicate with your team. Telling them who is shooting at you can allow them to make moves and shoot those players to get your gun rolling. Overall, your a tool for mid and back players to use to send down the field shooting everything you can. What you can't it's up to them to finish the game and hang the flag.

As for equipment, guns are all about preference but every tournament player needs a reliable gat. Majority of people like having spool valve guns who play front positions because they tend to be quiet.

Skyline Paintball
BlazeTSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 AM #3
ivan_mech2

ivan_mech2 supports DLX Technology
I tend to feel much more comfortable in the middle or on the snake side, so I would have to say the snake is my strong side...
ivan_mech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 AM #4
pbkidminion
minion

has been a member for 10 years
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion plays in the APPA D4 division
Always move forward. Stay alive as long as you can. Shoot opposing players in the side. Win.
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM #5
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
docbiddy supports Pev's Paintball
take as much ground as possible, do not make rash moves but rather act instead of reacting to an opponents move. your job is to attract as many guns on you as possible so be patient. if you hit s2 everyones gonna be shooting at you and your dorito side can move easier now. if your not being shot at MOVE. also relay communication to your backs so they can talk to dorito side, finally think about blind shots over bunkers and know where your balls are at. i get gs all day from lobbing paint at bunkers i cant directly see but i know they are there and play loose (primarily home and corners)
docbiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 AM #6
m4ndark
whats up, gringos?

m4ndark owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
m4ndark owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
m4ndark supports Team VICIOUS
m4ndark supports Team VICIOUS
m4ndark has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Do cross-field shots, play agressive ( when we say agressive, doenst mean you shouldnt stay behind your bunker more than 5seconds, it is playing dumb paintball ), communicate to your back player, tell him who is shooting at you, so he can try to wrap on that player, putting him inside his bunker to you make a move or even getting the kill. Stay Calm, if they are shooting at you, that means they are not shooting your teammates, wich is a good thing.

About the set-up, it is the same for all positions, doenst exista gun especificaly for front or back players, your set-up must be the ones that your like and you feels confortable shooting it.
m4ndark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 PM #7
bestpaintballreviews

Learn how to read and understand angles on the field quickly.

Learn and know where both you and your opponents have/don't have shots without looking. Also, communication and practice.

www.BestPaintballReviews.com
bestpaintballreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM #8
Yo Hoe

has been a member for 10 years
Yo Hoe supports Team VICIOUS
First and foremost, learn the angles of the field. Do an extensive walk around the field, Play different scenarios in your head while doing so also. Basically, if your in the snake at the 50, and your team calls out back left corner, you should be able to close your eyes and know where to aim before even snapping out to shoot. This will help you tremendously. When I was playing tournaments we would sketch the layout and walk the field with a gopro,for video review,just to get that extra "edge" over other teams.
Once on the field, Stay quiet!!!! I know you want to communicate with your teammates and help them out. But, your the front player, they are suppose to communicate to you! Do not say a word! Think of the game as a giant chess match. Yes, things will almost never go as planned, but if you think of your next three moves, your game will improve( if your gun skills are good)! Also, stay low!
Now, as far as equipment. Keep a shorter barrel on your gun, a small stubby tank and a small pack. I usually carry 3 pods.
Sorry for the long post, I started playing frontman 12 years ago and have since learned a lot!
Yo Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM #9
Jsgmpb
Lost Innocence

Jsgmpb is playing at Living Legends VII
Jsgmpb plays in the APPA beginner division
Jsgmpb supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Hoe View Post
First and foremost, learn the angles of the field. Do an extensive walk around the field, Play different scenarios in your head while doing so also. Basically, if your in the snake at the 50, and your team calls out back left corner, you should be able to close your eyes and know where to aim before even snapping out to shoot. This will help you tremendously. When I was playing tournaments we would sketch the layout and walk the field with a gopro,for video review,just to get that extra "edge" over other teams.
Once on the field, Stay quiet!!!! I know you want to communicate with your teammates and help them out. But, your the front player, they are suppose to communicate to you! Do not say a word! Think of the game as a giant chess match. Yes, things will almost never go as planned, but if you think of your next three moves, your game will improve( if your gun skills are good)! Also, stay low!
Now, as far as equipment. Keep a shorter barrel on your gun, a small stubby tank and a small pack. I usually carry 3 pods.
Sorry for the long post, I started playing frontman 12 years ago and have since learned a lot!
I like this one but I do think that you can add to pace yourself and it might be scary to hear all those shots on your bunker but if you k ow your angles you might be able to differ where they are coming from and from there relay that info to your teammates so they can help you out, I do like spoolies for front players but it doesn't really matter I personally shoot a luxe but friends of mine shoot egos in the front so it's no big deal, but if you feel confident with a 68/4500 on your arm you might want to take one of those out there.
Jsgmpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:18 AM #10
jsgnado1996
jsg_nado

jsgnado1996 plays in the APPA D4 division
jsgnado1996 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BE PATIENT. Once you hit your bunker off break, relax. As the front player, you draw most of the fire in the first 5-10 seconds of the game. My suggestion: get to your bunker, then count to 5 in your head, listening to your back players call out positions, then once you feel the guns shift away from you, go to work.
jsgnado1996 is offline   Reply With Quote