Old 06-10-2006, 09:27 PM #1
-shaggy-

has been a member for 10 years
random nerve talk

what do you dislike and like about the nerve

what do you think could be better if anything

whats your best paintball story involving your nerve

whats the best thing about the nerve

just random talk about the nerve. say what ever you want story's flame's like's dislikes let it all fly here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2006, 09:39 PM #2
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

dislike - i used all my money buying it....i cant afford paint...or more upgrades
like - everything but my dislike
could be better - if it came with a liftime supply of paint so i could play whenever i want
best with it - first time using it in reball i ran snake and got all 3 guys out (3 on 3)
best thing about my nerve - it's great

I bought mine when the prices dropped...played with it 5 or 6 times...shot it in my back yard 2 or 3 times...love it love it love it
Old 06-10-2006, 09:59 PM #3
-shaggy-

for me
dislikes-kinda wish it would of come with a S-rail instead of a angle drop
likes-everything else especially the Q-lock
could be better-well for the price i dont see much, maybe some more inserts or something
best thing about it-i got it the day before the tourny i was in(selling my old gun a week a week before and praying the nerve would get there in time)with no time to mess with it or even see how it shot(no air) all i did was switch the board to semi and mess with the trigger, the day of the game i gased it up....worked perfect. played through the whole day problem free getting 2 key game winning kills to get a nice 2nd place finish. might not be the best story but it was nice to me cus ive had some problems in the past with guns needing to worked on out of the box
Old 06-10-2006, 10:43 PM #4
Nerve nasty

dilslikes- I CANT GET RID OF MECHANICAL BOUNCE

everything else is good though
Old 06-10-2006, 10:54 PM #5
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve nasty
dilslikes- I CANT GET RID OF MECHANICAL BOUNCE

everything else is good though
make pre-travel a little longer...also might want to make the pull a little harder. Worked with my friends' Nerve when he got his.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:54 PM #6
-shaggy-

aww no story and couldnt ya just tighten the magnet up a lil to fix that?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:59 PM #7
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shaggy-
aww no story and couldnt ya just tighten the magnet up a lil to fix that?
Sometimes that works...but others it doesn't. Best way would be to make the pull a little longer (pre travel...maybe a little post travel)
Old 06-10-2006, 11:26 PM #8
EL.DORITO

dislike: amount of paint I use
better: mill top tube like an ego maybe, would be super light. Twist lock bolt is nice but not necessary (sp).
story: pretty much today in general, eliminated the entire other team twice (3v3, 4v4) got a couple run throughs on the doritos/snake and slaughtered half their team. Won a 1v1 with a guy with a karni etc. Good day...
best thing: people underestimating me/my gun (I'm 5'2" wearing yellow shooting a nerve and playing with my dad).
The nerve has really been the first gun I've had that I'm totally content with, I never feel outgunned anymore like with my cocker. I notice that a lot of people have to take a second look at the nerve because its so... unseen around here, I've seen maybe 2-3 other Nerves (that I can remember) in the last year at this field.

BTW my dad shoots my old cocker/tank/revvy and I tech/clean it etc., and in return pays for our paint, so I can play a lot more now
and yes hes pretty bad.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:56 PM #9
-shaggy-

yea just look at the forums for one lol ion, impulse, and shocker parts of the forums all have over 20,000 topics lol, while nerve doesnt even have 2000 yet. and thats one reason i love my nerve its not common, ive seen 2 other ones while paintballin one at a senario game other at a big touny in florida.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:49 AM #10
EL.DORITO

yea and like 5k of those threads are "HELP WTF IS WRONG WITH MY SHOCKER BEING GAY!!!" threads.
we dont really get that many strange problems or stuff like that.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:21 AM #11
Sidney
Not Australia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL.DORITO
yea and like 5k of those threads are "HELP WTF IS WRONG WITH MY SHOCKER BEING GAY!!!" threads.
we dont really get that many strange problems or stuff like that.
I think these "HELP WTF IS WRNOG THREADS" are usually made by young children, who do not have the patience to do research or the ability to think for themselves and buy what the pros shoot.

Less popular guns, such as the Nerve, the Cyborg, any AKA guns, are generally owned by people who are more mature, and have done their research and are unfazed by paintballing hype. They generally, when they run into a problem, first check FAQS, research and look at online manuals (such as ZDPBS) to see if they can fix it themselves first, before crying to the threads and typing something along the lines of "OMFGWQTBFBQ MAI SHCKRE IS BROKEEDD IT DNT SHOT WEN I HT TRGRER".

This is why you get people flaming the Nerves. No pro teams shoot it, No hugely marked up price tag, and lack of people that use it (mainly because 70% of speedballers are under the 13 year age group).

People don't KNOW what the nerve is, so they just go and randomly flame it.

Don't ban me because of this, this is just my personal opinion.

Sid,
Old 06-11-2006, 10:58 AM #12
fulleffect6912
XBL: The Ace O Spade

fulleffect6912 is a Supporting Member
sid, i couldnt agree with you more. but the sad part is that now with the lower price tag we are going to get a growing number of kids (i loosely use the term, for i myself am 16) who do not know what they are doing, so soon we are going to be brought down liek the rest of SP's markers
Old 06-11-2006, 11:01 AM #13
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney
I think these "HELP WTF IS WRNOG THREADS" are usually made by young children, who do not have the patience to do research or the ability to think for themselves and buy what the pros shoot.

Less popular guns, such as the Nerve, the Cyborg, any AKA guns, are generally owned by people who are more mature, and have done their research and are unfazed by paintballing hype. They generally, when they run into a problem, first check FAQS, research and look at online manuals (such as ZDPBS) to see if they can fix it themselves first, before crying to the threads and typing something along the lines of "OMFGWQTBFBQ MAI SHCKRE IS BROKEEDD IT DNT SHOT WEN I HT TRGRER".

This is why you get people flaming the Nerves. No pro teams shoot it, No hugely marked up price tag, and lack of people that use it (mainly because 70% of speedballers are under the 13 year age group).

People don't KNOW what the nerve is, so they just go and randomly flame it.

Don't ban me because of this, this is just my personal opinion.

Sid,
Why would they ban you? It's the truth.

One of my friends/teammates said I was stupid for buying a Nerve...might as well have bought an upgraded Impulse (which is what he has). He was over at my house about 2 weeks after I got my Nerve. I had paint and air from testing it the day before...and he said he wanted to shoot it. So, we go into my back yard and put 2 bags of paint through it. He now owns a blue Nerve.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:24 AM #14
Rare Faction
The Cap'n

My story - I was kinda known as a gun whore at my field (6-7 Shockers, DM, couple Imps, Timmy, etc in the space of 8 months). I sold everything off 'cuz I needed money, and when my financial situation was a little better I started doing my research again and looking around for a new marker, which I figured would be either another PL Shocker or an Ego. Then SP dropped the Nerve's price, and I was intrigued. There were 2 guys at the field who owned Nerves, and I knew what they were capable of, so I started looking around. I lucked out and found a great deal on mine (425 for the Nerve with will full SS Freak, Slik Trigger, and Team Board). I immediately added the Warped ASA, CP Reg, and Uni that I had just laying around, and loved how she performed. I added a longer front to the Freak so I could work the airball bunkers better (16in Freak tip) and a NDZ EQ bolt, just to squeeze that little extra bit of performance out. I'm happily getting 1400+ shots out of a 68/45 and having no problems taking out anyone who gets in the way. I'm still considering a couple more up's (Warped Frame, Virtue board, aluminum Freak back), but it's really nearly perfect as-is. I'm thinking about getting a Shocker as a backup, but why bother? My Nerve never goes down =)

Btw, anyone wanna trade a new-style Freak back for my SS back? I'm wanting purple accents (barrel back, eye cover, reg ASA, trigger, backplate, uni cage, q-lock lever and knob), and SS can't be anno'd =)
Old 06-11-2006, 11:40 AM #15
xxxQuagmire

Alright guys, seeing as how this is just a "random" forum, i thought i'd ask in here. Now i know this is all personal preferance.. but oh well, lets here some opinions. Whats the best nerve color?
Old 06-11-2006, 11:43 AM #16
Kevin1990
TurboNinja

i like black or blue

ECArmy
Old 06-11-2006, 11:44 AM #17
xxxQuagmire

yeah those are the two colors i've been debating between. but i'm not sure yet. i was thinking getting the black one.. then just throwing on a blue slik trigger. now how *****ing would that look? ahha yeah
Old 06-11-2006, 01:20 PM #18
suballer14

i dont like black guns because EVERYONE has them, i try to be original with my stuff so i stand out when i tag people.. their like o yeah, its the kid with rainbow gear..
Old 06-11-2006, 03:45 PM #19
fenix_freak
Quiet Riot

My past 2 guns have both been black with chrome accents. Love it.

2nd favorite is red with black accents.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:53 PM #20
fulleffect6912
XBL: The Ace O Spade

fulleffect6912 is a Supporting Member
i like red, i'm liking red with black, or red with pewter. i'm going for red and pewter, because i cant get a black ton ton
Old 06-11-2006, 04:00 PM #21
-shaggy-

mines red with silver accents