jvpark
CS Union

jvpark is a Supporting Member
jvpark plays in the USPL
jvpark donated to help Peyton Trent
jvpark owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jvpark is for the Gunfight
jvpark supports Bob Gurnsey
we are in a recession... USPL is trying and give them credit for it.

Someone will always have problems with how an event is run but USPL stepped up and we still have 7 man.
jvpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2009, 06:57 PM #23
SameBIG CHIEF
Si vis pacem, para bellum

SameBIG CHIEF plays in the USPL
SameBIG CHIEF supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post

USPL tried that - no one registered so the event was canceled and rescheduled as the West Coast Open. if you Easterners want more events you have to sign up when the come along.
That's because there were no breaks between the events as they were originally scheduled. Our players play CFOA, PSP, EPL and USPL so we are spread thin and especially when there was no room to recoup some expense between the "big" events.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM #24
R0bby

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Mikey A View Post
Bring back 10 man
YES!
Old 07-25-2009, 07:10 PM #25
pbalterego27
I'M BATMAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Ir3 03 View Post
These Events are nothing what they used to be and What I do not understand is that more people are playing and less teams are showing up. You know it's getting bad when there are only 4 events in each the PSP and the USPL. It's nothing like it used to be. Years ago there were more events. More vendors. I remember in 2003 being the NJ person I am in Englishtown they had a NPPL event and even tho the weather sucked there were so many teams, vendors, people. Were did it all go.

What I believe needs to happen is cut all this D3 stuff out and just play D2-D1-Semi-Pro. No need for pump being we can't even get more then 40 teams at a tourney is unbelievable. We need for it too cheaper, more reasonable to locations, and we need more support. For many seasons. Its all on the west coast. Do people realize that we have MA, NYC, NJ, PA, MD, Washington..With some of the nicest fields on the cost. I think people need to realize more people are playing here then in California. Where a huge base of Pro Teams are.

Why even hold a event with 40 teams. Might as well combine all the Divisions and let there be Pro, Semi, and then the rest. And I would say lower the fee for teams to play but I don't even think thats the case. If I think about it..I rather lower it anyways maybe it would attract 1-5 more teams. What do you have to lose...Get some more money or No money at all??? I have been playing for some time now and its just getting worse too where the local series events are turning out better. Just my opinion but we need help.
No Disrespect, as I play D2, but if you cut out the D3...then u really would have no support as we all have to start out somewhere. I appreciate and support all divisions as these guys as myself in lower divisions are actually the ones who spend MONEY. Meaning we don't have all these sponsors knocking down our door. I do agree with u on the pump....
pbalterego27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:11 PM #26
dznuts007
www.oringmonkey.com

dznuts007 is playing at Living Legends VI
dznuts007 is playing at Living Legends VII
dznuts007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dznuts007 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
dznuts007 is Legendary
dznuts007 supports DLX Technology
I agree...as disappointing this event seems, the only way to make it better is to support it. Put in constructive criticism to see how they can make it better for players...
dznuts007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:13 PM #27
paintballpyro789
shens?!?

paintballpyro789 helped look for balloons
paintballpyro789 supports Team VICIOUS
sc does not have enough room for major events . . . maybe they can promote eachother a lot. but sc just isnt big enough for a major event
paintballpyro789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:16 PM #28
dznuts007
www.oringmonkey.com

dznuts007 is playing at Living Legends VI
dznuts007 is playing at Living Legends VII
dznuts007 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
dznuts007 is Legendary
dznuts007 supports DLX Technology
Yeah, before I found out that it wasn't a big turnout, I was thinking "where the hell is everyone gonna park?"

Oh well...I'm waiting for the Vegas event!!!
dznuts007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:35 PM #29
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
fact of the matter is, players are spoiled and always want something bigger and better when it comes to events, but they don't have the patience to embrace a league and help it grow through the good and bad times. Everyone wants to just jump ship and point the finger..

#ValkenPB #NR Paintball #CP3designs.net #ECU #BPL
DelawarePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM #30
Wingz_#2

Just had I thought.... what if paintball simply didn't have a massive tournament series and people saved their money to play every weekend at their local fields.
Wingz_#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:33 PM #31
MrSk8nPaint
Studder

MrSk8nPaint plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MrSk8nPaint plays in the APPA D2 division
Lets brake it down like this. The USPL took over the NPPL under the worst economic times since the Great Depression. They are trying very hard to keep the sport that we all love, alive and living for as long as possible. Me, personally, was very upset when I first heard the NPPL's situation and than their leaving. I was wondering wether or not we would be able to keep playing paintball and playing in tournaments across the nation, and than when I heard the USPL was picking it up where the NPPL left off, I was soooo realized! The USPL has big guts to take the NPPL's job at this situation. And yes, granted, people are still spending money, and still they are playing paintball. But, you have to realize how many teenaged kids, and 20 year old kids that have no real big source of income, are on teams with their peers being of the same age. How are they able to travel across the nation to play in an event that costs over $1,000? "We'll if there are 10 kids on a team, that means they only have to pay $100 a peice and the price of paint to play, that doesn't sound to ridiculous does it?" My answer to that statement/question is this, lets calculate the cost of airfair, for those teams that are not in the state that the tournament is, the cost of food, the cost of hotels, the cost of travel on the way back, gas, rental cars if needed, PLUS the cost of the tournament and paint. Anyone care to do the math, or is my point clear? And for the statement about there needs to be more East Coast tournaments, I say this to you. Maybe with the exception of New York, the prices of EVERYTHING in CA, is very much more expensive than the costs in every other state, and that also factors in to the expensive part of my argument. But, overall, The USPL isn't as great as it definatly could be. They probably could've taken more time in figuring everything out and making a big picture of everything of what they need to do to make sure they capture people's intrests. But also, a company like the USPL, can learn from their mistakes right now, and when the economy rises up, make a bunch of money on their tournaments. I feel likes yes, the USPL could be a better league and yes, they probably could have made the style of the league like the NPPL a little bit more, but lets give them a shot for christ sake! I'd like to see anyone in this forum even THINK about picking up the biggest name in paintball's tracks.

People, lets look on the bright side of things for a little bit before we jump all over the mistakes other people are making. Just complaining and having a flame thread over this type of stuff is ridiculous. I wasn't singling anyone out in my post, I just want to shed some light on the situation.
HKArmy
APX
MrSk8nPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:41 PM #32
BryanDragan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Ir3 03 View Post
These Events are nothing what they used to be and What I do not understand is that more people are playing and less teams are showing up. You know it's getting bad when there are only 4 events in each the PSP and the USPL. It's nothing like it used to be. Years ago there were more events. More vendors. I remember in 2003 being the NJ person I am in Englishtown they had a NPPL event and even tho the weather sucked there were so many teams, vendors, people. Were did it all go.

What I believe needs to happen is cut all this D3 stuff out and just play D2-D1-Semi-Pro. No need for pump being we can't even get more then 40 teams at a tourney is unbelievable. We need for it too cheaper, more reasonable to locations, and we need more support. For many seasons. Its all on the west coast. Do people realize that we have MA, NYC, NJ, PA, MD, Washington..With some of the nicest fields on the cost. I think people need to realize more people are playing here then in California. Where a huge base of Pro Teams are.

Why even hold a event with 40 teams. Might as well combine all the Divisions and let there be Pro, Semi, and then the rest. And I would say lower the fee for teams to play but I don't even think thats the case. If I think about it..I rather lower it anyways maybe it would attract 1-5 more teams. What do you have to lose...Get some more money or No money at all??? I have been playing for some time now and its just getting worse too where the local series events are turning out better. Just my opinion but we need help.
I agree we need it on the east cost, but Bro I disagree storngly with the fact that it sould do better on the east coast, I'm from NY and I spent a weekend in cali and omg if the people that showed up to the fields in cali came to fields in ny they would be so happy they wouldn't know what to do.
BryanDragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:06 AM #33
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

BlackMagic2638 plays in the USPL
BlackMagic2638 plays in the PSP
BlackMagic2638 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameBIG CHIEF View Post
That's because there were no breaks between the events as they were originally scheduled. Our players play CFOA, PSP, EPL and USPL so we are spread thin and especially when there was no room to recoup some expense between the "big" events.
So it's the USPL's fault that you play all those leagues? The USPL is a national event, and was planned comfortably between MAO and Chicago which are also national events. It's not their problem to plan themselves around regional events.

I'm really getting sick of you kids from Boston *****ing about how there is no event in your back yard when you can easily drive down the coast to D.C.
BlackMagic2638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 AM #34
ADOLF
SD VANDALS

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I just think it should be east vs east, west vs. west..(5 events each) then the top 5 teams of each division do a big event with east vs. west championship. the winner will host the championship the next season.. east coast @ florida or idk, and west coast could do vegas or something. idk. just what I think.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:19 AM #35
pb_king
Peanut Butter Sports

pb_king is a Paintball photographer
i heard that the vegas event is gonan be "ON' the strip

or where is it really gonna be
pb_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:39 AM #36
t3nacity
PBX3/TSP Photographer

t3nacity is a Paintball photographer
As a majority, the east coast does not play 7-man. It is a dead format. The east coast focuses heavily on X-ball.

California is where 7-man is prominent. However, a national "West Coast Open" cannot even get more teams than a local event in Florida. That's a sign.

It's time to pack it up, liquidate and move on. One league, one format. 7-man is dead.
t3nacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:48 AM #37
cockerman dan
Ole Miss Alum

plays in the NXL
cockerman dan plays in the MiLP
cockerman dan is an NCPA player
I think paintball would benefit greatly if there was only 1 national league. The NFL did not become popular until the other football leagues in this country were shut down. One league is what we need.

Ole Miss Paintball Club Alum
cockerman dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:22 AM #38
anarchypb22
JB

anarchypb22 is a Supporting Member
This sport would thrive so much more, if the owners and investors of the USPL would just give in. Invest in one league, combine the creative minds behind the USPL, as well as the money being invested, into the PSP. Or better yet, The AXBL. The format of the future is Xball. I'd hate to break it to you religious 7 man players. The real issue behind the event is this, 7 man is a dead format. Everybody in the corporate end of this sport knows it, along with 85% of the players in the sport, including the big dog companies of the industry.
With our national economic situation, its obvious vendors aren't going to show up to try and sell their product. Considering you're at an event which isn't likely to have many specators to sell any merchandise to. Thus meaning, they aren't going to even risk going to an event to take such a chance to make a tiny bit of profit from it, hell maybe enough to cover the gas and expenses of the trip. But that's pushing it, and logistically it's not likely.
We need to combine to one league, so everybody can plan their schedules around this league. With all of the wasted money and knowledge going into the USPL, it just doesn't make sense. It's not like the USPL owners and promoters are dumb people, the concept is great and they're doing their best, however based on the fact their attempting to resurrect something, that for the well-being of our sport, should become obsolete (7man) it seems like a lot of knowledge and money going into this sport, is being wasted, and could be spent on one sole thing, one league to focus everything on. If this were to happen, you'd have incredible turnouts, tons of vendors, basically every national tournament level team at one event. It just makes sense.
anarchypb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:29 AM #39
ArsenalPB

ArsenalPB is a Professional paintball player
USPL is going to GROW and IMPROVE and will be the NPPL in 2010, a premier league. Our promise is to help improve the referees, prizes and teams. We will have some serious announcements coming up for Vegas 2009 and for 2010. These are challenging times for everyone and especially the industry sponsors. I want to see all paintball grow, however, when industry sponsors are suffering, the teams and events will be suffering as we struggle to find ways to afford to compete. No event is ever going to be perfect. Frankly, I think we should be grateful for those teams and individuals who want to compete so much that we would play for a trophy anywhere we could. DC challenge is filling up and as an east coast team, I want to see some of these NEPL teams coming down to compete. The PEVS field is very nice with permanent turf fields, Dulles airport within 4 miles and lots of hotels and some surprises! Join us. We all want the same thing (good paintball) Why not stop hating and forward your concerns and ideas to camille so we can try to help.. Wish you all well! T4

Last edited by ArsenalPB : 07-26-2009 at 10:35 AM.
ArsenalPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 AM #40
saeidiphoto

not good or yes

I agree with some of u guys how we should combine some leagues cause from this SC even as we saw i doubt there will be a vegas event haha i mean uspl is going down the $hit hole i miss u NPPL
saeidiphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 PM #41
pmac2002

who cares what the name is? If you love the sport and the format just go play right whats in a name? not much...gl to all!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM #42
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeidiphoto View Post
I agree with some of u guys how we should combine some leagues cause from this SC even as we saw i doubt there will be a vegas event haha i mean uspl is going down the $hit hole i miss u NPPL
i'm tired of your stupid posts.
SD-G-force is offline   Reply With Quote