PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM #1
Capt'nCrump69

Capt'nCrump69 is for the Gunfight
Dm12 v. Ego 11

I recently played a tournament with an ego 11 and was very impressed with it. Actually, so impressed that i'm considering buying one. In comparison to a DM12 what would you say the pros and cons are? I have always been a faithful matrix owner ever since the DM3, but i think it's time to move on to better things.
Thanks,
Crump

KW Paintball
Ninja
Vangaurd

MW
Capt'nCrump69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 PM #2
Brules
MFCEO

Brules is Boss
It always works. No stupid eye pipe to deal with. No FSDO, bolt stick etc. Oil in the rammer, 1 drop on the bolt and it will run forever.

Give the Geo 3 a look to - it is friggen bad ***.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:11 PM #3
ZEDI
UnNamed

ZEDI owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZEDI has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ZEDI has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you are set on spoolies, try the GEO.

If your looking for something different, the EGO 11 will fit the bill.

I have a DM11 and a SL74. Not really what you are looking at, but the differences between the popit and the spoolie, while subtle to some some in the way of feel, to me they are apples and oranges.

Edit: The above really doesn't help any .

EGO line - efficiency, ease of maintenance, customer support

DM line - smoothness, single tube...

Both are great markers either way

Last edited by ZEDI : 10-18-2012 at 05:15 PM.
ZEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 PM #4
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I find spoolie maintenance to be kinda a PITA. Too much lube? Don't work right. Too little lube? Don't work right. It don't work right? Now you get to guess which of the x amount of o rings is not lubed enough, lubed too much, or is torn. YES I realise some people have it figured out, and obviously pro teams make it work ..... But I just don't want to deal with any of those issues IF I HAVE THE CHOICE. just my opinion.

I love taking the ego out of the bag, and it shoots 290.... If not... Change the battery.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 PM #5
ZEDI
UnNamed

ZEDI owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ZEDI has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ZEDI has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^^^^^^^^^

Well said
ZEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:03 PM #6
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Ego 11
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 PM #7
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
I find spoolie maintenance to be kinda a PITA. Too much lube? Don't work right. Too little lube? Don't work right. It don't work right? Now you get to guess which of the x amount of o rings is not lubed enough, lubed too much, or is torn. YES I realise some people have it figured out, and obviously pro teams make it work ..... But I just don't want to deal with any of those issues IF I HAVE THE CHOICE. just my opinion.

I love taking the ego out of the bag, and it shoots 290.... If not... Change the battery.
What he said hell you can treat an ego like you hate it and it will just work, what a great marker
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 PM #8
AlmightyRuler
*PC’ness=Cancer(ous)

has been a member for 10 years
You should bring this to the versus forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEDI View Post
If you are set on spoolies, try the GEO.

If your looking for something different, the EGO 11 will fit the bill.

I have a DM11 and a SL74. Not really what you are looking at, but the differences between the popit and the spoolie, while subtle to some some in the way of feel, to me they are apples and oranges.

Edit: The above really doesn't help any .

EGO line - efficiency, ease of maintenance, customer support

DM line - smoothness, single tube...

Both are great markers either way
*You're.*

"You know, if you take everything I've done in my entire life & condense it down into one (1) day....it looks decent! 👌🏻"
~George Louis Costanza
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 PM #9
Capt'nCrump69

Capt'nCrump69 is for the Gunfight
Thanks guys I'm looking at an ego 11 'shiner' unless a ego 13 is coming out. I have talked to TradeMyGun and they told me it would be my dm12+150 for their ego 11. This seems like a horrible deal. On top of that they offered 450+Dm12 for a new ego 11. That also seems like a horrible deal. I figure i can 700 out of my dm (i hope). I also have a question about CSL's, are they worth the monetary investment? They seem really bad ***, but i didn't know how they compare to a regular Ego 11. Thanks again for all of your help guys.

KW Paintball
Ninja
Vangaurd

MW
Capt'nCrump69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 AM #10
theVicious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

nailed it.

Spoolies are great, love the smoothness and quiet. But I hate the variance in performance. Too much lube it won't necessarily stop working, but you get bad efficiency and fsdo. Too little and you get bad efficiency, leaks, and worn seals. And not only is maintenance tricky in this sense, but it has to be performed WAY more often, leading to the increased chance of these issues and inconsistent performance.

Macdev seems to be bucking that trend with their spoolies, but I haven't shot one myself so that's only hearsay.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:14 AM #11
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I´ve been in both worlds (like many here) spool and popit and its a matter of personal preference....luxe is most likely the way to go with a spool but if your like me that enjoy the maintenance its not a PITA...I could say its not the most efficient but its top on the spool world.
The Ego is a batle monster...enough said
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 AM #12
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'nCrump69 View Post
I recently played a tournament with an ego 11 and was very impressed with it. Actually, so impressed that i'm considering buying one. In comparison to a DM12 what would you say the pros and cons are? I have always been a faithful matrix owner ever since the DM3, but i think it's time to move on to better things.
Thanks,
Crump
You're looking at two opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of markers. Here's another breakdown/perspective.

DM12- spool valve, less efficient (still, 9-10 pods on a 68/45 fill is pretty good), a little smoother shot, quieter, more regular maintenance for the bolt (can be finnicky, first shot drop off problems), eye pipe system (which can be a problem), slightly heavier (a few ounces but hey just saying), and some other misc. things

EGO11- poppit valve, more efficient, still smooth (but not as smooth as a DM), slightly louder shot, less regular maintenance (Ego's are workhorses, they can go months on end without maintenance and still work everytime), lighter, adjustable solenoid (like none other on the market)

Both have awesome ergonomics, high end quality made by great companies, PE customer service is a little better but both excellent. I've owned multiple DM's but always find myself shooting an Ego. They just always work, and work WELL.

I like the Ego11 better. My preference.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:21 PM #13
AlmightyRuler
*PC’ness=Cancer(ous)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Tank View Post
I´ve been in both worlds (like many here) spool and popit and its a matter of personal preference....luxe is most likely the way to go with a spool but if your like me that enjoy the maintenance its not a PITA...I could say its not the most efficient but its top on the spool world.
The Ego is a batle monster...enough said
*You're.*

I'd prefer the DM12 over the Luxe. DM maintenance is easy.

"You know, if you take everything I've done in my entire life & condense it down into one (1) day....it looks decent! 👌🏻"
~George Louis Costanza
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 PM #14
RegalEgo11
Cool-Aid

RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RegalEgo11 plays in the APPA D4 division
RegalEgo11 supports Ninja Paintball
want a spool? get a Geo
want a poppet? get an Ego.
Want to overpay for a spool? get a DM
RegalEgo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 PM #15
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'nCrump69
Thanks guys I'm looking at an ego 11 'shiner' unless a ego 13 is coming out. I have talked to TradeMyGun and they told me it would be my dm12+150 for their ego 11. This seems like a horrible deal. On top of that they offered 450+Dm12 for a new ego 11. That also seems like a horrible deal. I figure i can 700 out of my dm (i hope). I also have a question about CSL's, are they worth the monetary investment? They seem really bad ***, but i didn't know how they compare to a regular Ego 11. Thanks again for all of your help guys.
That is common for DM value. Not saying guns are junk or anything like that just they lose value quicker than egos.
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:03 PM #16
RegalEgo11
Cool-Aid

RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RegalEgo11 plays in the APPA D4 division
RegalEgo11 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'nCrump69 View Post
I would just go for the ego11, CSL is not really needed unless it's new and that you are a die hard PE fan
RegalEgo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 PM #17
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalEgo11 View Post
want a spool? get a Geo
want a poppet? get an Ego.
Want to overpay for a spool? get a DM
overpay my ***.... i hate when i hear this rubbish. Typical PE fanboy response.

Until the geo 3 came out, the geo line was one of the worst shooting spool guns out. Get off PE's dick

Last edited by peacob : 11-16-2012 at 10:44 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:28 AM #18
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob
overpay my ***.... i hate when i hear this rubbish. Typical PE fanboy response.

Until the geo 3 came out, the geo line was one of the worst shooting spool guns out. Get off PE's dick
I too haven't really given Dye markers real consideration. To be honest EVERYTHING else they made is top notch. I owe their clothes, mask, and want most of their other stuff including a rotor. Was I am victim of a Dye hate crime? You decide.
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 AM #19
hanifan85
greenleaf85

hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
hanifan85 supports DLX Technology
hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Both great markers, have owned a few of each. I still prefer egos!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:31 AM #20
OG-Eclipse
Ego 11 f/s/t pm me

OG-Eclipse is playing at Living Legends VI
OG-Eclipse supports Team VICIOUS
OG-Eclipse posts videos on PbNation
OG-Eclipse has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
OG-Eclipse is attending Decay of Nations VI
I have an ego 11 and had a luxe 1.0. I really like the ego 11, always reliable and shoots ropes. but i would recommend a geo 3 over the luxe, I have shot both luxe 2.0 and geo 3 and the geo 3 just feels more comfortable and it's a better price. But I would definitely go with the ego 11 imo.
OG-Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM #21
h23vtec
daddylongdong

h23vtec owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
h23vtec has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
maintenance on dye guns
enough said
h23vtec is offline   Reply With Quote