Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM #22
Saghy

has been a member for 10 years
god your all stupid. its because back in the day when autocockers were the **** they would fold the lip up so the bolt on the autococker (it comes outta the back of the gun when fired) would not get caught on your mask
Saghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2007, 08:57 PM #23
fs8frenzy
Hey, I'm back now.

fs8frenzy supports Shocker RSX
its for ventilation, and no it wasnt for cockers, thats y the nppl had a rule for dovetails
fs8frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 AM #24
PBking09

dood im scared to flip mine after i saw my friend get shot in the tongue LMAO
PBking09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:42 AM #25
never.say.die
TRUFFLE SHUFFLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs8frenzy View Post
its for ventilation, and no it wasnt for cockers, thats y the nppl had a rule for dovetails
actually they required dovetails because you could hit the cocking rod and cause the velocity to go up, so you could chrono in at 290 then do whatever to the cocking rod and the velocity would jump up to like 320

anyway, i only flip up the bottom of my flex so i can breath better while reffing
Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 AM #26
foughtwolf
First-And-Only Men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by never.say.die View Post
actually they required dovetails because you could hit the cocking rod and cause the velocity to go up, so you could chrono in at 290 then do whatever to the cocking rod and the velocity would jump up to like 320

anyway, i only flip up the bottom of my flex so i can breath better while reffing
I never understood that, I mean, the cocking rod doesnt determine velocity, you have to unscrew it, take the bolt out, flip the backblock over and slot an allenkey home, and then put it all back together, I dont know about you but Im pretty sure that wouldnt be to hard for a ref to spot.

"Originally posted by BGardner: AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business."
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:19 AM #27
Malystryx
A G D

Try it with a cocker and you will understand. Also to adjust the IVG you don't have to take the bolt out or flip the back block over at all. The allen wrench just slides right in through the back block.
Malystryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:39 PM #28
Polly101

when i had them i just used to fold it up when i wasnt wearing them and they were on my head, so i didnt have to tilt my head back to see where i was going
Polly101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:48 PM #29
fallan11
Carter

fallan11 supports Team VICIOUS
i do it somtimes when i need to breathe better. and also just when im not playing so my voice aint muffeld. or when i have my goggles on my head i fold em up so i can see better
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 PM #30
ilovethenerve

i do it when i put my mask in my bag.... keeps the soft rubber from bending into a goofy position. alwayse looks new as long as its clean
ilovethenerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 AM #31
Lawn Mower

i tottaly do that **** with my flex 8
Lawn Mower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:30 PM #32
MatAronofsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs8frenzy View Post
you are a *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by never.say.die View Post

and you thought you were smarter than him, there are no rules aginst dovetails in nppl, its a beaver tail not a dovetail

bend it up so you can yell
MatAronofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 PM #33
MatAronofsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malystryx View Post
Try it with a cocker and you will understand. Also to adjust the IVG you don't have to take the bolt out or flip the back block over at all. The allen wrench just slides right in through the back block.
right, but you still have to take the cocking rod out

sry for double post
MatAronofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 PM #34
roughdraftx01

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
I never understood that, I mean, the cocking rod doesnt determine velocity, you have to unscrew it, take the bolt out, flip the backblock over and slot an allenkey home, and then put it all back together, I dont know about you but Im pretty sure that wouldnt be to hard for a ref to spot.
you sir need to go and learn how an autococker works... ever heard of the term "thumping"? Check it out..
roughdraftx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:36 PM #35
snake killer94

smart 1 bent the bottom good job
not.....
lol
snake killer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 PM #36
jkinneen (Banned)

well im a ref and when im out on the field i do it so i can eat with my mask on
jkinneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 PM #37
xXinpayneXx
MW

aggness primarily.

Then eating or w/e while reffing. But at that point you might as well take the bottom part off.

Oh, and rolling it up doesn't help you yell louder or breath any better.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 PM #38
Paul999
I Punch Out Staff

Paul999 is a Supporting Member
Paul999 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ryan Greenspan used to do it when he played on Dynasty a few years back. Kid thought it looked cool and used excuses like ventilation, communication, etc. to justify doing it. It does nothing except let you get shot in the bottom of the chin.

Edit: Beavertails are required on all cockers during any tournament play to prevent thumbing; therefore the cocker reason is also false.

Edit#2 : I was thinking of beavertails but I wrote dovetails. I know what they are. And the real reason it started was because of greenspan. My mindset is a little backwards right now.

Last edited by Paul999 : 10-26-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Paul999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 AM #39
wombizle

ok. dovetails, are the things on the bottom of frames, to mount an asa. beaver tails ate the things that go on the back of rear cocking guns.

beaver tails served two purposes. one, to help protect the user from hitting himself in the face, and two, to stop people from pressing the cocking rod when they pull the trigger, which would make the gun shoot hot.

everyone has a differnt reason for flipping their mask. most do it, becasue otehrs do it. I do it, when i have my mask up, on my head. My flex is double strapped, so the straps, and ears stay in place, and the frame/grill pivots up. then, the bottom of the grill is in my face, so i flip it up, so i can see.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:23 AM #40
Contract_killer951
Paintball Bum In The 951

sunflower seeds while reffing
Contract_killer951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 PM #41
stamantpimp

i got a flex 7 and i have no problem breathing or comunicating with it down personally its dumb b/c it barely covers your chin and when you flip it up your take atleast an inch of protection away and getting shot in the chin hurts happened today i had my mask bottom flip down to
Old 10-27-2007, 05:52 PM #42
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
You slap the cocking rod or push it in when it fires and it bumps the velocity up a bit.

It's called a beavertail, not a dovetail.

As for the mask thing, I see no reason to do it on the field. You're gonna get shot in the mouth eventually like that. I flip the bottom on mine up when I'm off the field because I leave it on my head and it gets in the way of my sight with it flipped down. Plus it looks incredibly gay, I don't see why you'd want to play with your mask like that.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 10-27-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote