PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2013, 12:19 PM #85
billy1234
pew pew

has been a member for 10 years
lol, id love to see a throw together of good divisional players stomp all over the new "pro" teams in the nppl.

RIP Lcpl Barfield Lcpl Daniels Cpl Singer
you will NEVER be forgotten
billy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2013, 02:29 PM #86
FiresofSirius

plays in the NXL
FiresofSirius donated to help Peyton Trent
So how much longer before we just go back to the old school NPPL format of Open/Pro, Amateur, and Novice divisions? I still have an ID card from NPPL Atlantic City 2002, will that be honored? ::
FiresofSirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:19 PM #87
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman88 View Post
This Thread Has Been Moved To Recreational Paintball Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason183 View Post
if the NPPL really wants to stay alive, chop your balls off and stop arguing your points in the PSP-NPPL Merger, let the PSP do what it wants with the 7 man format in a merger, and just ask for a cut of the revenue that the new format brings in, its either that, or die, and the PSP will have that format anyway. lol..

I'd have hated to see NPPL fold several years ago, and when it did before USPL it was sad news... but this... wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andocommando View Post
The pro division in nppl is nearly as diverse as the challengers and champions in PSP. Most people are too closed minded to see this. 7man format is clearly a different beast from xball/race to format. Please, someone argue
How many of the teams in pro NPPL do you think could hang with the teams in Challengers? How about champions? 2? maybe 3?
Look how well XSV is done, and they were doing pretty consistently well in the NPPL before abandoning that ship.

I'm not saying they aren't good teams, but to call them Pro? that seems pretty far fetched save for a select group.

Opening up the Pro division is just going to make 1. The Open Division or 2. a Laughing stock for a "PRO" division.

Pro spots should be earned, not bought.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:37 PM #88
mdileo89

mdileo89 plays in the PSP
mdileo89 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mdileo89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mdileo89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Talking

I've been playing paintball for over 10 years played the 7 man format. I remember the better days of the NPPL . Im trying to hold on to something here, some hope.
listen paintball should be united not separated . If you want to grow the sport "we all love" more people should be working together! I would love if Shawn mhhhmhhmm (clears throat) I mean MR. WALKER would privately contact me !! i live in the nyc area. He said

" I'm also very logical and want to solve problems rather that continuing to talk about those problems. How about some talk about solutions not just issues? " Well Im all for it !! #ideas #solutions !!!

mdileo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM #89
booboodinosaur

booboodinosaur owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
booboodinosaur owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
booboodinosaur owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post

I'd have hated to see NPPL fold several years ago, and when it did before USPL it was sad news... but this... wow.

How many of the teams in pro NPPL do you think could hang with the teams in Challengers? How about champions? 2? maybe 3?
Look how well XSV is done, and they were doing pretty consistently well in the NPPL before abandoning that ship.

I'm not saying they aren't good teams, but to call them Pro? that seems pretty far fetched save for a select group.

Opening up the Pro division is just going to make 1. The Open Division or 2. a Laughing stock for a "PRO" division.

Pro spots should be earned, not bought.
Look how heat did at the last nppl in 2012.
booboodinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:23 PM #90
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Cobra View Post
Well lets get people to go play NPPL! What are we going to do without Huntington Beach!?
I strongly suspect we've already had the last Huntington Beach event.

It was a location chiefly secured and propelled by Chuck and it's not financially viable at the present team counts and Shawn doesn't have a history as someone who operates anything at even a short term loss.

As evidenced by this move.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 08-22-2013 at 05:27 PM.
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 PM #91
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboodinosaur View Post
Look how heat did at the last nppl in 2012.
you mean when top pro teams were still playing NPPL events? Not the pro teams of the current year?
and
when heat signed up last minute and only got a single day of practice on the layout? and was playing without a good number of their core players?

Yep that's great measure of what this years Pro teams have.

I'm not saying this years teams aren't good or even great teams. Just saying that very few of those teams have tested themselves in the league and format when the top guns were still playing.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:01 PM #92
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
you mean when top pro teams were still playing NPPL events? Not the pro teams of the current year?
and
when heat signed up last minute and only got a single day of practice on the layout? and was playing without a good number of their core players?

I'm not saying this years teams aren't good or even great teams. Just saying that very few of those teams have tested themselves in the league and format when the top guns were still playing.
Dynasty only had 1 practice before that event too i believe. i don't even think they practiced for the northeast event. nppl was arguably just as competitive as the psp last year. but this year......
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 PM #93
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll

Quote:
and

They were missing the russians but they replaced them with ironmen players,
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:29 PM #94
JoepSantaniello
Sentient Gym Sock

JoepSantaniello supports DLX Technology
"A dying warrior makes one final push before he falls"
Bye bye NPPL.
Although
Ten
Man
Must
Live
On
(In our dreams of course)
Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 PM #95
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Dynasty only had 1 practice before that event too i believe. i don't even think they practiced for the northeast event. nppl was arguably just as competitive as the psp last year. but this year......
EXACTLY.
That's the point I'm driving at this year the Pro division isn't any near as competitive as in years past. I loved the NPPL back when it was actually competitive and did its own thing, but deciding to follow the tracks of Race-To / XBall, the way the league has been run just seems to want to shoot itself in the foot. I liked having best of 3, but formatting it like race-to is where IMO the fail happened as far as format. The rest, well the league just keeps to want to keep doing strange things like this that end up making people just want to laugh at them.

I hate to see the NPPL burn, but sometimes a purging fire is what it needs to have something better. So maybe the NPPL just needs to die and someone else needs to rebuild the 7 - Man format.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 PM #96
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
They were missing the russians but they replaced them with ironmen players,
They were out Ryan Smith, Fedorov, Mishka, and Sergei, I thought Chad George was playing with Impact in the NPPL at that point still, so that's a pretty good chunk of players to be without that are familiar with the other players. To change that dynamic even with players of the quality they filled in with is tough.

Dynasty has always been good at 7 Man and has been playing it for years, not the best comparison. (from your previous post).

I'm by no means trying to make excuses for Heat cause I could care less how they did in the NPPL when it was competitive. I'm just trying to make light of the facts so the comparison. Even though how Heat did in a competitive NPPL has very little to do with how well other PSP teams would do in this day in the NPPL Pro League.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 PM #97
AngelsNightmare
Wha happen?

is playing at Living Legends XI
AngelsNightmare owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AngelsNightmare owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AngelsNightmare supports Team VICIOUS
Just please die NPPL. It's sad to watch you suffer.
AngelsNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:23 PM #98
cpjames253
Deuce-Nickel-Tre

cpjames253 supports our troops
cpjames253 plays in the APPA D4 division
I honestly think Shawns regional league draws more teams than the nppl. And its the same format.
Fmr. USMC
I'd heard they have problems with gay magazine clips, but are OK with high capacity boy scouts.-Pump scout
cpjames253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:43 PM #99
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Explain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Pleeeeeease tell me that you're serious and elaborate. That sounds amazing.
Well, I had a crew of guys that were paid and ready to play the last NPPL Event. So we registered for Pro and was getting all the logistics worked out. A few owners of other pro teams started throwing temper tantrums on facebook about how Hungry Fat Chicks was disrespectful to paintball, that we weren't allowed to have fun while playing at the "pro" level. We had to be 100% serious.

I received 4 phone calls from the NPPL office and a few emails stating that they wanted a completed roster to make sure that we had players that were ranked correctly to play pro. They basically said that we had no business coming into NPPL to play because the team, as a team, didn't play any other events this season (whether or not players on the team did or not didn't matter)

We were taken off of the registration list and told that we would have to jump through the same hoops if we wanted to play in Vegas.
SameBIG CHIEF - I've met plenty of tools who own a Luxe. Looks like they failed on the tool less aspect.
NoelyDeezNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 PM #100
cgallag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic17 View Post
I really like 7 man paintball, it demands players to think, work as a team, and communicate to win, a skill teams in the PSP often lack however in order for the sport to grow there needs to be a unified tournament format and considering all aspects of what it takes to compete in the PSP it definitely takes the cake as far as the format that will get paintball into the mainstream. I would suggest the NPPL to combine forces with the PSP to maybe offer 7 man as a separate division before they are inevitably abandoned by teams who realize this as well. The way i see it, that is the only way to save 7 man while promoting the sustainable growth of tournament paintball. Hopefully the NPPL will realize this soon and try to reopen negotiations with the PSP. Maybe the PSP already realizes this though and are adamant about maintaining their 5 man focal point? Who knows, but us dreamers can dream. Go paintball.
Sorry to disappoint, paintball is not growing.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore...intball&cmpt=q
cgallag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 PM #101
nightmares&lollypops
nice marmot

plays in the NXL
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
nightmares&lollypops supports Ninja Paintball
I agree that Huntington event was probably dead any way. From the nppl web site it looks like the Vegas event isn't actually on the strip this year. The best thing the nppl had was venues and looks like they lost those too.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:35 AM #102
PBFR33K187
paint<3ball

Shouldnt we be helping paintball grow instead of wanting to kill it..
PBFR33K187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:20 AM #103
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFR33K187 View Post
Finally someone gets it!
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 AM #104
skydad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFR33K187 View Post
Is it really helping the sport and especially the ranks of professional paintball to support a league that has and continues to disrespect the true professional players and teams buy allowing virtually any team with a couple bucks to play dress up and call themselves professionals?
skydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 AM #105
BUCK BUCK #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydad View Post
Is it really helping the sport and especially the ranks of professional paintball to support a league that has and continues to disrespect the true professional players and teams buy allowing virtually any team with a couple bucks to play dress up and call themselves professionals?
Finally someone gets it!
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote