PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM #1
Joey570
Joey Bones

Good Vest

Hey Nation, I'm looking around for a new vest since my last one didnt work out to well. It was from Rap4: a 4+1 back on it all atached with velcro. Lets just say that didnt work out after awhile. During a day of play I had to have a ref tape my back to the vest so that it doesnt fall off. It didnt work and here I am Running with a 6+1 Harness instead. I like Vest though, they feel better and give a more tactical feel.
Heres what I am looking for-
An open chest area or a zipper type vest. I dont like the over the head types as they are quite a pain (like that last vest) molle strap system, not velcro crap. A 6+1 I would prefer or a 4+1 plus the 2 extra elastic loops for a pod. I was checking out Valken's Echo Vest so anything to the liking of that?

ION 09 (WON), Battle for Britian 09 (lost), ION 10 (lost), Millionthman Game (lost), Stalingrad 2011 (WIN), ION 11 (lost), Battle of Berlin 2011 (WIN), Stalingrad 12 (WIN), ION 12 (lost), Zombies Invade Berlin (WIN)
Joey570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2012, 08:12 AM #2
SHAG77
pumpin' aint easy!

has been a member for 10 years
Hi,

I run 3 set ups depending on the game. They are based off of experiences I've had. New for this year was a vest. I opted out with the Valken Tango Vest. I have and still run the Valken Echo vest but it has load out issues. First and foremost, the hydration pouch is useless. I am unable to find a 1 quart water pouch for it. If you use a radio, it is a PITA to change channels with the radio being located in the back. However, the Echo is comfortable and carry a load of paint. 9 pods worth.

The tango vest was a direction I was heading towards. One of big selling points with me was the Hydro pouch. It will hold a 100 oz bladder no problem. I know. I have my Camelback MULE pouch which is 100 oz in the vest when I am running that set up. the MOLLE system is good if you plan on changing your set ups often. Right now I am my vest is set up with 2 3+4s in the back. There is a generic pod dump, radio, multi use pouches up front. The Hydro pouch worked perfect on the trial run at Stalingrad this year. So I am confident I will be well hydrated and carry a ton of paint for IoN.

The third set up is just a NXe 5+4 for smaller day games. No hydro and i try to stop often to hydrate during the day.

I have tried the all kinds of vests. The Nxe really turned me off of vests for a long time. For years I ran my 5+4 and my MULE for IoN. Things changed and I found Valken offered a solution that worked for me. If you have any other questions, just ask.
Old PBN Feedback | M.Carter Brown's Feedback | Automags.Org's Feedback | Ebay's Feedback | PayPal Verified
SHAG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:15 PM #3
hardboy

I love my rap 4 vest.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:01 PM #4
DuckTape Dude
Layin' down the L.A.W.

DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Valken makes excellent gear
Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM #5
NargofWoV
Team Capital Offense

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VIII
NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends IX
NargofWoV owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
The vest should be banned. If you have pods on the front of your chest, how exactly do you "feel" a hit on the pod in the middle of a fight? I've seen it time and time again, the guy I hit, just keeps banging away because he never felt it (I know, I've asked).
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 AM #6
SirKarnage

SirKarnage posts videos on PbNation
SirKarnage has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NargofWoV View Post
The vest should be banned. If you have pods on the front of your chest, how exactly do you "feel" a hit on the pod in the middle of a fight? I've seen it time and time again, the guy I hit, just keeps banging away because he never felt it (I know, I've asked).
I wear a vest (5.11 Tactical) and have it loaded out with all sorts of randomness...
In your question on "feeling" the shot in the middle of a fight... It's a sensory input... a tap is not the same as a sting felt by wearing say a T-shirt or being bare chested during play... but it can still be felt. It's up to the player to be concious of the extra thickness... good thing is most vests loaded out (especially if like mine) = more breaks than bounces.

Have you ever had your hopper shot? You don't "feel" that the same way a shot to your hand feels... but it can be "felt", seen, etc...

Banning vests would set back the scenerio/mil-sim play beyond repair.
They don't ban Ghillie suits, they make adjustments to their use.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM #7
Sleepwalker2010

Good Woodsball Vest

Hi,

I have a vest from Special Ops. I've used it for several seasons and love it. I love having my tank mounted on the upper back, it has a better balance to it. I have customized how I use the molle upfront. I have several 30 round tubes that fit in my mag pouches, for a little extra ammo when I'm not playing pistol. I have a duty belt for mounting extra C02 holders, or grenade pouches depending on how I'm playing. The hydration pouch is plenty large. The integrated sling is the best way BY FAR for slinging your marker hands free. I have a molle carabiner on my molle for holding my mask when it is off in the staging area. It is a very comfortable vest for me and the mesh platform it is built on makes for the best ventilating vest I could find. Not that I am a salesman for Spec Ops, but my 2nd favorite piece of gear is the Nomad Satchel Pack,... it carries all my pods, tank, remote line, hopper, tools and a lot of other whatnot. These & a marker bag and your easily organized and out the door to the game in minutes.

If your looking for something similar but cheaper, you might look at the Petrol Vest from www.badlandspaintball.ca . Same, but no actual molle on the front.

Regards

dg
Sleepwalker2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 PM #8
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NargofWoV View Post
the same thing can be said about ALOT of gear, including masks.. Cant count how many shots I've taken to the side,the visor ect and not noticed..

any pack you wear anywhere on your body does the same thing..Guess they should be banned also.. guess we gotta start playing hopper ball to cut down the risk of people playing on due to not feeling hits on their packs..

same goes for markers and tanks..

damn.. guess we gotta ban paintball in general then..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:43 AM #9
Chaoticredneck
one crazy southern md'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
the same thing can be said about ALOT of gear, including masks.. Cant count how many shots I've taken to the side,the visor ect and not noticed..

any pack you wear anywhere on your body does the same thing..Guess they should be banned also.. guess we gotta start playing hopper ball to cut down the risk of people playing on due to not feeling hits on their packs..

same goes for markers and tanks..

damn.. guess we gotta ban paintball in general then..
well said lol

as for the vest i run the specops broadsword vest and i have had it for 5 years....it works good for me even though it doesn't give much options on customization for the front.....2 pouches are sewn in instead of full MOLLE

but i have been looking at the medusa mv700

one team that my team plays with is sponsored this company but some of them run this
Chaoticredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:12 AM #10
theVicious1

Check out flurry industries. Their vest is great. It's comfortable, durable, adaptable. Great.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:35 AM #11
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I love my Valken Tango vest but I'm getting away from scenario/woods and back to speedball.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 AM #12
Potluck
Cocker Junkie to the Bone

Potluck has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Potluck has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Tippmann has my vote. As much as I like the Molle idea, plain and simple imam too stinking lazy to reconfigure all those packs, plus I wash my gear every time I get home undoing all the packs and reattaching them sounds like a pain in the butt.
Besides if you are playing with a hopper set aka not mag fed, every vest set I have seen was the same, vertical pods, horizontal tank, customized packs on the front.
Tippmann gives you all of that.

http://shop.tippmann.com/products/pr...61.0.0.0?pp=8&
Potluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:29 PM #13
robot0ninja

condor is a great place to start if you just need a molle base vest. its $30 for the hydration vest. it has a mesh front, buckled to close, and a hydration bladder in the back. i can fit 2 valken 2+3 pod pouches in the back with a horizontal tank pouch on top and 2 valken 2 pod pouches in the front. thats the set up i had for living legends (except i didnt have the tank pouch on).

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups