PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2016, 05:03 PM #1
Ajrob1

Luxe Reliability Reputation

Good afternoon,

I currently own and shoot a Geo 3.5 which I like. I have acquired some extra money and am considering adding a Luxe OLED. I have heard great things about Luxe, the only thing that concerns me is the reputation I have heard and read that Luxe's tend to be a little picky on reliability.

The one thing about my 3.5 I love is the reliability. It works, plain and simple.

Is the reliability that big of a deal for OLEDs? Even with consistent and proper maintance and cleaning, does it still tend to have reliability issues?

Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ajrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2016, 05:08 PM #2
jtguy2269

has been a member for 10 years
The luxe is just as reliable as any other marker. The main issue seems to be using non factory parts and lube. Use the correct orings and lube. It's very much a set it and forget it marker.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:10 PM #3
usdpb

plays in the NXL
usdpb supports Shocker RSX
usdpb supports Ninja Paintball
the luxes I have owned all have worked amazingly well. Simple cleaning and lubing after every day of play is all it needs.

Example, I used my luxe OLED last weekend in CT, it was 32 degrees out and it shot flawlessly all day, even when the condensation on the tank froze.

dont hesitate to pick one up, they are great shooters
New England Exalted #81

Sponsored By
Boston Paintball
Committed Paintball
BKIT
GI Sportz
Virtue
usdpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:33 PM #4
2xXxCASTERxXx4

plays in the NXL
2xXxCASTERxXx4 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
2xXxCASTERxXx4 supports Team VICIOUS
2xXxCASTERxXx4 plays in the APPA D3 division
i feel like people have most of their issues is when they mess with the settings and stuff and not knowing much about it other than that its a great gun. now i admit I've had problems with my luxe but thats bc i let someone try and tune it and it messed it up i believe. but once i got it fixed and back to factory settings she is shooting better than ever and i like it over my CS1... happy shooting
Old 01-24-2016, 09:38 PM #5
craigert

craigert supports DLX Technology
craigert supports Shocker RSX
Use factory DLX orings only. Everybody who doesn't know what they are doing thinks they can stick all buna in the gun and have it work the same. Wrong! It's user error. The Luxe is great!!!
craigert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:29 PM #6
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
The issue that I've always seen with Luxes is that you need to be able to troubleshoot them (just like any other marker). This is where things can go wrong if you don't know what you are doing. Otherwise it's a matter of lubing and cleaning it same as any other marker.

If you take the time to learn the basics on the Luxe it's pretty rewarding to own one. Heck even if you don't take the time, just stick to factory parts and post a thread up here and there are some very helpful users that will get you sorted.
"Originally posted by aarospoon13: Dodgy gauntlets are OP."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:58 AM #7
Ajrob1

Thanks for all the information guys, it has been helpful. I will start looking for a Luxe.
Ajrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:54 PM #8
usdpb

plays in the NXL
usdpb supports Shocker RSX
usdpb supports Ninja Paintball
to add to my previous post, I have a stage 6 power core from pooty in mine and I love it. Some people will swear his stuff is crap but I havent had a single problem with any of his products and Ive used a lot of them (clone gt bolt, vanquish bolt and lp guide and luxe power core).

Im sure the next post will be something along the lines of "don't listen to him, stock stuff only."
New England Exalted #81

Sponsored By
Boston Paintball
Committed Paintball
BKIT
GI Sportz
Virtue
usdpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:30 PM #9
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

99% of the time a person sends parts in because they can't get them to work it's because they or the past owner did something wrong. Bolt orings the wrong size, colored or bad quality orings. Our Metal parts work, it's always orings that cause the issues. Allot of guys install the size 16 bolt sail as the bumper oring and a size 15 for the bolt sail. Now it won't fire or leaks. If you simply print out a oring chart and use the correct size and color orings you will always be good. Some people 100% should not work on there guns. You have no idea the stuff I have seen come in.... From a luxe put in a paper envelope to Dye colored, urethane and 90 harness orings all over there parts..

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

---Pooty Paintball Facebook-Anno Shop---
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:33 PM #10
shockerboy001
Yasser Hanbali

plays in the NXL
shockerboy001 supports DLX Technology
shockerboy001 supports Shocker RSX
I have been Shooting LUXE's since 2009, all the guns i have worked on at events or had shipped to me 99.9% of problems are user error.

example wrong orings.

Wrong settings.

Wrong lube.

The LUXE is very Reliable if you take care of it. If you want the most consistent, reliable LUXE with proper support and events use all stock parts.

For example all of the Houston Heat guns are using stock parts and orings, I think that alone proves that the parts are reliable.

DLX/SP Tech

DLX/SP Tech support, for fastest response send me a PM.

Last edited by shockerboy001 : 01-25-2016 at 06:38 PM.
shockerboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:05 PM #11
victor2320

victor2320 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
victor2320 supports DLX Technology
victor2320 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I bought one used, never had any problems with it. It has a Pooty stage 5 bolt kit in now, and I've been using Lurker lube with good results. Only complaint I ever had was relatively poor efficiency ( it's about par for a spool; I happened to be at a scenario game with an inadequate air supply and a target rich environment) but reliability has been good.
victor2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:55 PM #12
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

I've had good and bad experiences with Pooty's stuff. but to clarify, my comment recommending stock parts.

It's this:

For someone new to the platform, there is (IMO) more resources available to trouble shoot issues when the marker is all factory parts.

That's it. Nothing against any aftermarket stuff. Just a matter of giving optimal guidance to a new owner.

Once someone is in the fold and feels like they've got a good grasp of the basics, then they'll figure out the rest.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:27 AM #13
craigert

True Ian. I have been in the experiment with aftermarket parts for fun for a little while now. So far, the best mod I have seen is Pooty lathing the inside of the stock bolt. The original intent was to accept a rhino spring, but i don't use that spring mod. The reason it's a great mod is because it lightens the bolt just enough to make the kick almost nothing. I'm using the nox bolt right now where the kick is nothing, but I don't expect it to last too long because it's plastic. I just trust the stock bolt more plus it has that cool little spring in the front that does a great job and keeps it consistent.

Last edited by craigert : 01-26-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:48 PM #14
ThienMan

yup
ThienMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:50 PM #15
xsdx

Considering I'm looking for a used luxe this thread is encouraging. I'm good with troubleshooting and fixing equipment but I've been out of the PB game for a while. Sounds like I wouldn't have much to worry about.
xsdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:08 PM #16
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdx View Post
Considering I'm looking for a used luxe this thread is encouraging. I'm good with troubleshooting and fixing equipment but I've been out of the PB game for a while. Sounds like I wouldn't have much to worry about.
Nope, use the right type of orings and you are fine. Ive had mine since they were released. I went from gun whore to having the same marker for what..like 7 years or more? Damn I am old
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:45 PM #17
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
..... Damn I am old

Don't even start that around here!!
Old 01-27-2016, 03:46 PM #18
Cracker with a gun
My friend made my name

Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Cracker with a gun is Boss
Cracker with a gun supports Ninja Paintball
I used my OLED year round, factory settings, factory orings, facotry lube. Worked in 90+ degree weather and in 40-50 degree weather. Reliability is great.
I just picked up a Geo 3.1 with an IV core. The Luxe is still smoother, just not as efficient on air. I also prefer the ergonomics of the Luxe, though I really love the grips extending all the way around the frame on the Geo. The only thing you'll notice other than that is you'll want to wipe down and re-lube the Luxe after each play, where as on the Geo you can more negligent.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:36 PM #19
craigert

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian View Post
Don't even start that around here!!
Says Old-Man-Ian. Lol
Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 PM #20
craigert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker with a gun View Post
I used my OLED year round, factory settings, factory orings, facotry lube. Worked in 90+ degree weather and in 40-50 degree weather. Reliability is great. I just picked up a Geo 3.1 with an IV core. The Luxe is still smoother, just not as efficient on air. I also prefer the ergonomics of the Luxe, though I really love the grips extending all the way around the frame on the Geo. The only thing you'll notice other than that is you'll want to wipe down and re-lube the Luxe after each play, where as on the Geo you can more negligent.
I am so addicted to my Luxe that later that night after playing I detail it for 2 hours in front of the TV.

I use it in the snow just fine

Good points above.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:20 PM #21
ccruz99
Naval Surface Warfare

ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ccruz99 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ccruz99 supports DLX Technology
reliability

I've had a luxe (not OLED) for about 5 years and have never had a problem. Only once, early on, when I didn't charge battery. However, I like my geo 3.1/IV core better, probably because it's my new shiny toy...

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
ccruz99 is offline   Reply With Quote