Community Focus

Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM #1
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Trilly pump issue

So I got my adapter for a pre 2k kit. Ordered my CCM kit, also got ahold of a hooptie pump arm with the bridge shaped in for clearence. Well, it's binding around the sled. When you pull the bolt off the sled it pumps as smooth as butter, but put the bolt back on it binds. I noticed when the bolt was pulled off the sled, the sled itself wanted to pull to the left by a small fraction of an inch, could this be my issue ? Is this normal on half blocks ? Does anyone make a sled I could buy ?

Someone on MCB suggested I bend the arm, I tried it, but ebded up binding it more as it now sits at an angle.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2013, 08:18 PM #2
danssoslow

The trick is to try and get it bent where the two straght ends are actually straight (please don't take that as a jab). The only surefire way would be to use a straight edge after the rod is installed through the ram's mounting hole. I'm assuming you have to thread the sled on after running the arm through the ram's mount. If it is possible to do that without bending the rod any, then try this.

First, make sure the pump arm is straight when it is off the gun using a straight edge. Slide it through the ram's mount, turn end out to mount the sled, then slide the sled into place.

Once that end is done, and hopefully the arm hasn't had to be bent at all, screw the pump arm on -with the pump arm guide sitting inside of the pump arm-. After you have the pump arm screwed onto the pump handle, then thread the pump guide rod into the gun.

Kinda arse backwards; but hopefully that would prevent he pump arm from kinking while being installed; and remove at least that variable from being the cause. I have the same pump arm on my Trilly; and it gets into a weird bind when sliding it onto the gun. Fortunately I'm running a full body; and any massaging back into place has been enough to keep the stroke smooth and kink free.

Either way, I hope you get it sorted out. That Trilly of your is pretty slick!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:06 AM #3
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Thanks Dan, also on MCB, lol.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote