PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-21-2008, 05:36 PM #43
XSycloneX

has been a member for 10 years
my bad chis, will you ever forgive me????????

actually, if you want to help out and are available, we could use a photographer for the tournament on the 30th. maybe you could ride over with the U of I guys

NCPA - Northwest Open: Update

Alright, we got UW and WSU signed up, where you at Idaho and Western?
It looks like UW will be able to enter a 2nd team, just waiting to hear back from a couple guys who are trying to throw some extra money together to afford it.

The price per team is now $175, don't wait until the last minute or else it'll go up again and you'll be paying $200.

The tournament schedule will be posted on the APPA website by Saturday. I'll be at Danger Zone tomorrow, and will find out what time the doors are opening, captains meeting, 1st game, ect.
XSycloneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2008, 05:47 PM #44
FattyMcBoomBoom

Im going to PLU next year and will start up a seriouse team, I know it cant help you guys now lol,
FattyMcBoomBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:11 PM #45
gramcracker

hey i really regret to gave to write this but we arnt going to be able to send any teams on the 30th. Once again im really sorry but the team didnt think we could do it right now.
gramcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 PM #46
gramcracker

Ps...thats from U of I
gramcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:36 PM #47
McQuöwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramcracker View Post
hey i really regret to gave to write this but we arnt going to be able to send any teams on the 30th. Once again im really sorry but the team didnt think we could do it right now.
Bummer.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 PM #48
XSycloneX

what? i thought you guys were "all in" ?

this tourney probably wont happen without you guys, there is no way you can make it?

Last edited by XSycloneX : 03-24-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:57 PM #49
XSycloneX

Alright, so Idaho is out and Western was still up in the air, so the college division has been canceled. WSU and UW should be getting their entry fees refunded.

Everybody, next time we try to do something like this, be sure to check your calendar and make sure your guys can actually attend before vouching for your team and saying you can make it. i put a lot of time into trying to make this work at the last minute, during my finals no less, and now its not even gonna happen.

i'll let somebody else take care of doing it next time.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:06 AM #50
FTW PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSycloneX View Post
Alright, so Idaho is out and Western was still up in the air, so the college division has been canceled. WSU and UW should be getting their entry fees refunded.

Everybody, next time we try to do something like this, be sure to check your calendar and make sure your guys can actually attend before vouching for your team and saying you can make it. i put a lot of time into trying to make this work at the last minute, during my finals no less, and now its not even gonna happen.

i'll let somebody else take care of doing it next time.
I tell you what. You did a good job of trying to get this together. Although you think your efforts were in vein, they actually brought the kids at WSU and UofI together to enjoy paintball as a club/team. If you keep it up and get some assistance from the local fields close to other Northwest Colleges and the fields that are going to host these events it will help greatly.

Next time I will help you as much as I can. You can do a couple of thing that will help out greatly until then. Would you gather a list of all Speedball Fields in the Northwest, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Oregon with phone numbers and emails and send them to me? I have worked with the kids from WSU and UofI and I will continue to work with them to get the speedball teams and the clubs together.

If it were easy, anyone could do it. Keep working and others will help.

Large 300 piece o-ring kits available
FTW PAINTBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:01 AM #51
holy_cent

will all the presidents of each club please pm me there phone numbers so we can get a list going and figure a scheduale out for next school year.
U Of I mid #20
holy_cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM #52
chuckie750
Go Huskies!!!

Com'on ppl let make this coming season possible for NW NCPA !!!!
chuckie750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 PM #53
brohoc5111

me and my guys at wsu have been waiting. you know just as well as i do that we were the only team other than you guys to actually sign up for the event last year. idaho should be good for this year too. i think the tournament date kind of snuck up on them last year, but i think they are a pretty legit club that shouldnt have any problems this year. the thing is we need at least 4 teams for a conference.... so someone else has to step up too
JR fan 23
brohoc5111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 PM #54
chuckie750
Go Huskies!!!

I know oregon is trying to get their team starting this year too, so we'll see, and hopefully WWU will have theirs.
chuckie750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:14 AM #55
XSycloneX

looking forward to seeing some NCPA events this year. we should get all the participating schools on-board ASAP so we can get some tournament dates/locations set and begin planning.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:33 PM #56
k.rollin
VW Slayer

k.rollin helped look for balloons
k.rollin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
k.rollin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WWU has every intention of participating this season, but our club is going through a major rebuild due to the lack of organization last year. I see it as just about starting over, but I'll try to stay on top of things at Western until we get it figured out.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 PM #57
elchado_123
RIP Blue Steel

elchado_123 is a Supporting Member
I will be attempting to start a Oregon State University (beavers) ncpa team. well see how it goes.
elchado_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:04 PM #58
XSycloneX

awesome, let me know how it goes.

if a representative from each school could post up your plans for the upcoming school year, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 PM #59
brohoc5111

wsu- we have sort of a laid back schedule and practice when it is convenient. but just like last year if a tournament happens we will be ready. as far as the club i kind of stopped working on it for a while, and might pick it back up soon, but it is time consuming, and i kind of got shot down once already.
JR fan 23
brohoc5111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:20 PM #60
k.rollin
VW Slayer

k.rollin helped look for balloons
k.rollin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
k.rollin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
wwu - we're trying to reorganize since last year, we weren't functioning properly. we will be trying to recruit more members and hold more events for western students to introduce them to the game. if a tourney should come up, we'll try to be ready with our new structure, but there's no promises just yet.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:02 AM #61
Ranger Fickle

Ranger Fickle supports DLX Technology
Ranger Fickle supports Ninja Paintball
What about trying to get community colleges involved? I mean there is alot over on the coast and then there is SFCC and SCC over here in Spokane. I mean would they be able to play under the NCPA guidelines?
Ranger Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:10 AM #62
XSycloneX

community colleges, and i think even online colleges, are eligible to compete in the NCPA. all players need to be considered full-time students though. the only problem is that most people are only at CCs for 1-2 years, so its a bit harder to get an organization started and have enough people involved to make it last as people move on from CC.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:22 AM #63
Ranger Fickle

Ranger Fickle supports DLX Technology
Ranger Fickle supports Ninja Paintball
That is true, but currently I attend the Spokane Falls CC and after im transfering to EWU, now if I can find more people that are on the same track as me, (and now that i know that) I plan on getting a team together.
Ranger Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups