Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2009, 12:21 PM #43
DisasterPlayer

has been a member for 10 years
DisasterPlayer plays in the USPL
DisasterPlayer plays in the PSP
DisasterPlayer plays in the APPA D3 division
if you worry that much about who you are playing, paintball isnt the sport for you
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM #44
DisasterPlayer

DisasterPlayer plays in the USPL
DisasterPlayer plays in the PSP
DisasterPlayer plays in the APPA D3 division
no appa, leagues do not correspond

it will keep more talented players to be left out of the mix due to roster caps
Old 02-02-2009, 02:05 PM #45
e_friccero
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is Immortal
i hope you guys use the APPA
its simple and i would love for every league be using the same ranking/registration process
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:19 PM #46
Gridlock937

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_friccero View Post
i hope you guys use the APPA
its simple and i would love for every league be using the same ranking/registration process
this is true there NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to be only one ranking system
Detroit Strange Fan #2
Gridlock937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM #47
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
possibly use appa while somehow acquiring the nppl rankings and coming up with a method to cross-reference?

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:41 PM #48
AAF

Don't start a new ranking system used the one that is working for most
legit tournaments APPA . It's the only way smaller tournaments can cross-reference players rankings and div play even.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM #49
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

**GP** is a Professional paintball player
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF View Post
Don't start a new ranking system used the one that is working for most
legit tournaments APPA . It's the only way smaller tournaments can cross-reference players rankings and div play even.
As a field owner I would say use the APPA as it makes running local events so much better.

G.I. Sportz the Unfair Advantage

#PLAYPAINTBALL
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:22 PM #50
tickyticky
Hal Reece

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
tickyticky plays in the MiLP
tickyticky donated to help Peyton Trent
tickyticky is an NCPA player
APPA is the way to go. That way all your info is in one place and other leagues can use the info as well. Not that what I jsut said hasn't been said before....just do it.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 PM #51
torqued pimp

use APPA , the paintball world needs one ranking system . Kill the sandbaggers idea of playing a lower division. It will take a year or two to get straight but if you throw in the stipulation that if a player is sandbagging they are suspended and their team forfits the entire event ... That way if a d3 team sees 3 known NPPL d1 players on a d3 team a simple protest can make things right.

Sandbaggers will call this " being ratted out"
Real Paintballers will call this " The Honor System"
torqued pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:51 PM #52
Ches7er

Ches7er supports Bob Gurnsey
well as far as the universal id card i would love it but the powers at be say no they are not in the card busness yada yada yada, but i think one card a year 10 bucks, it has a barcode that is scanned at registration, where they make sure you have payed your fee's if you havent then you can pay them there, if you have then your off to the races, adn they give you something to show that you have payed, but hay it might happen in time

as far as psp and what not using diffrent systems, if they are paying thousands of bucks for this system the should be able to make there own class system inside of appa, just give them the paramaders and when you sign up for the league it runs your history through the filter for that league, now im sure they will be pushing there universal system but i would think the league could make there own. look at psp and epl, they have two diffrent class systems and use appa......

appa FTW it will be a rockey first few years but nothing like going with a new system would be.
Ches7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:06 AM #53
torqued pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqued pimp View Post
but if you throw in the stipulation that if a player is sandbagging they are suspended and their team forfits the entire event ... That way if a d3 team sees 3 known NPPL d1 players on a d3 team a simple protest can make things right.

Sandbaggers will call this " being ratted out"
Real Paintballers will call this " The Honor System"
Having re thought this , It may be better if you catch a sandbagger , give him one chance to admit his true ranking and suspend him for the tournament , If he lies , Suspend him for the year . Leave the team alone . You can't hurt people who did no wrong and encourage all team captains to look at rosters in their division proir to the tournament to protest "illegal" rosters .
Old 02-03-2009, 12:23 AM #54
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqued pimp View Post
Having re thought this , It may be better if you catch a sandbagger , give him one chance to admit his true ranking and suspend him for the tournament , If he lies , Suspend him for the year . Leave the team alone . You can't hurt people who did no wrong and encourage all team captains to look at rosters in their division proir to the tournament to protest "illegal" rosters .

you're saying a team captain wouldn't know the classification of his own players? that's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

If the team was forced to play short for a tournament, then it'd be a pretty good encouragement for teams to check their player's eligibility beforehand.

the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:17 AM #55
torqued pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
you're saying a team captain wouldn't know the classification of his own players? that's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

If the team was forced to play short for a tournament, then it'd be a pretty good encouragement for teams to check their player's eligibility beforehand.
If you read my post I am suggesting that a team captain can go on APPA and look at the OTHER teams in his division and if he sees a Sandbagger he can report it . Also Some people will lie to get on a team .. had that happen to me last year and it cost us alot . We all hate sandbagging and "reranking" We need to put a stop to it . Personally I would like to see the end to the rule allowing 1 player from a higher division to be allowed to play a lower division ie: d3 team may have 1 d2 player .... WHY ?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:44 AM #56
WildWeasel2k4

WildWeasel2k4 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
WildWeasel2k4 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac2002 View Post
^^valid point b ut how many psp players lean on ramping and have no real gun skills? not all but there are alot!

but that is a valid point
10 bps cap makes the better gun fighters show.

APPA would be an excellent idea because it would finally get both big series on the same page as far as classifications go. And if you only play 7 man, so what? then just play 7 man and get ready to be classed the same for psp as well... It's really not a big deal.
WildWeasel2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:16 AM #57
magicsly1
Bryan

magicsly1 is a Supporting Member
magicsly1 plays in the PSP
magicsly1 donated to help Peyton Trent
I think the people who are against using the APPA believe that PSP ranking = USPL ranking. Just because the APPA system is being used doesn't mean the rankings will be the same.

I've seen Raehl say it time and time again, especially with the semi pro controversy going on, that he does not determine the classification. The PSP determines that and he only follows up on it by classifying those players as the PSP sees fit.

The USPL could rule that all PSP players will be classified as 1 division lower than their PSP ranking, due to the fact that they have experience playing national paintball, but aren't that familiar with the 7 man format. I'm not sure, but that is just an example.

Utilizing the APPA system will build a database for the players participating in the USPL and finally give them a tangible ranking that can be seeked out and prevent sandbagging.

I have yet to see anyone who opposes using the APPA system with a legitimate excuse. Their excuses are, "It will ruin the league." I would like to see evidence how it would ruin a league that hasn't even had it's first event yet! I seriously doubt a proper ranking and registration system would decide how well the league will host and perform at these events, but using the proper system would definitely help make it that much more of a legitimate league.
magicsly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:42 AM #58
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
if only they could get the registermyteam.com rankings then utilize them within the appa system to truly make it a fair ranking database.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:45 AM #59
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
wc! supports Ninja Paintball
Even though Raehl can be a butt at times, he has a nice system. As long as he/PSP doesn't force you to eat their "unified paintball rules" BS, then APPA would be your best bet. Otherwise, I'll guess you'll need to get everyones APPA ID, look them up manually, then decide ranking on an individual basis - which would blow.

And remember, you're the only "real" league left that doesn't use the APPA. I'm sure he will give you some significant breaks in order to finalize his monopoly.

Good luck to you guys this season!

TRUST ME...
eBay (+904)
& PbNation (+61/-0) & MCB (+2/-0)

Last edited by wc! : 02-03-2009 at 11:56 AM.
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:49 PM #60
cantorK

Ya they should transfer all preexisting data from NPPL to APPA that would be dope
cantorK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:18 PM #61
pbbliss
Philippians 4:13

pbbliss is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Chris is a smart cookie. I think there is something to be said about LOOK WHO ISN'T USING APPA. My God, look at the list of series that use the APPA on there and it's crazy how many are covered. ( I just went and counted - 65 leagues ) Now of course some of those may no longer exist. I Bet a lot of those individual people in the system at the smaller/regional events have never played a PSP OR NPPL event before anyway. BUT they are in the system versus how many NPPL players who have NEVER played under the APPA system?? Who knows, but i know a ton of players who have played both here in Florida.

And back to Chris being a smart cookie. He has the ability to rank a D2 PSP player as D3 USPL IF that's what the USPL says is eligible for their play. Or vice versa OR whatever.

use APPA.
pbbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 PM #62
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional

VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
Just go with APPA. Chris Raehl is very nice and can set it up for us no problem, as well as NCPA, PSP, and various other leagues like the CFOA use it. It would be one step closer into getting things under one "united" league concept.
VSOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 AM #63
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
Learn from the NPPL's mistakes. Use APPA. As has been said, rankings in APPA are different based on the league, but you'd have your player history all in one place. The APPA does provide a good system, and based on the price I paid for my PSP ID, the cost seems reasonable and in line with the price I paid in the NPPL.
Agreed. We're used to paying $35 or whatever for ID cards. Please use APPA.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote