PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-18-2006, 12:35 PM #1
pbpro666

Co2 tank warning

This past weekend at my local field where I Ref, a 9oz Brass Eagle Co2 tank was sitting out in the sun. Most people know that when a Co2 tank sits out in the sun for some time, and get hot the burst disk ends up going due to the pressure build up. Well this tank had something seriously wrong with it. we arn't sure what actually happened to the tank other then this.

It's burst disk blew, it took off through a crowd of rental players, hit on of our ref's in the head, took off over our airball net (20+ft high) and across the airball field into the woods/swamp. untill we find it we won't know what failed on the tank.

the ref had a huge gash opened on his forhead and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulence.

for people who use c02 tanks or know people who do make sure that they are being kept out of direct sunlight when in the staging area, and if your using a brass eagle tank, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a certifed airtech make sure everything is in working order on the tank.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2006, 07:39 PM #2
xball16

Fox4 right? Did they find the tank yet or is it still chillen out and the woods?
Old 09-21-2006, 06:21 PM #3
geeze
Fox4 Paintball Geezer

has been a member for 10 years
It's still in the woods. We will find it. Problem is the area has ponds and swampland.

I witnessed the entire thing and was second on scene tending to my ref. I never, ever thought this could have happened but saw it with my own eyes. The tank flew in a high rate of lateral rotation, like a helicopter blade. Traveled 50 to 60 feet where it struck my ref, glanced off his head, went over the 35 not 20 foot nets and continued another 150 feet into the woods. the ref will be OK but received 25 stitched to close his skull. This is no joking matter, he could have been killed

New policies at Fox4. All CO2 tanks will be attached to the gun or they will be stowed in a gearbag, box or backpack. Period, End of discussion. Loose tanks will be collected by the refs and taken to a secure area. This will be gone over in every orientation form this point on.

Geeze
Fox4 Field Manager