PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 PM #1156
BoroBaller21

has been a member for 10 years
I have a 48/45 that was one of the very first ones you guys made. It is still under factory hydro. It developed a crack in the clear coat, then a decent piece of the clear coat cracked off. Is that covered under any kind of warranty or am I just out of luck?

Last edited by BoroBaller21 : 03-19-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 AM #1157
VFT_GUNNER
THUGLIFE PAINTBALL

VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
VFT_GUNNER is attending Decay of Nations VII
VFT_GUNNER supports DLX Technology
Will you guys be out at huntington beach nnpl. i want my g2 to be changed to a lower psi for my geo 3 an ego 11.
"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family.
It's about being a Hostile Kid."
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)
copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination
Old 03-21-2013, 08:05 PM #1158
W.C. Shooter
PBN Since "05"

why would my g2 and mythII Regs,both be blowing birst discs ? replaced the disks on both regs and both have blown again . could this be due from lack of maintenance and needing to be lubed ? can I use Dow 33 ?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM #1159
Gio24Dude
G

Gio24Dude works for a Paintball manufacturer
Gio24Dude is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Gio24Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gio24Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroBaller21 View Post
I have a 48/45 that was one of the very first ones you guys made. It is still under factory hydro. It developed a crack in the clear coat, then a decent piece of the clear coat cracked off. Is that covered under any kind of warranty or am I just out of luck?
We offer a one year warranty, but please e-mail service@tiberiusarms.com to check if the tank is still safe to us.

More than likely the chip is on the cosmetic clear coat finish and this means the integrity of the tank is still safe. As long as no fibers are exposed or unraveling, then you are good to go.

To be safe do please e-mail an image of the crack to Pete over at service@tiberiusarms.com.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM #1160
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFT_GUNNER View Post
Will you guys be out at huntington beach nnpl. i want my g2 to be changed to a lower psi for my geo 3 an ego 11.
Yes we will be there for you.

It's my backyard event
Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 PM #1161
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.C. Shooter View Post
why would my g2 and mythII Regs,both be blowing birst discs ? replaced the disks on both regs and both have blown again . could this be due from lack of maintenance and needing to be lubed ? can I use Dow 33 ?
You can replace burst disk all day and it will keep on blowing.

When the 1.8K Low side burst disk vents all the air out, this is an indication to service your regulator. A quick clean up of the internals and lube of the o-rings (dow 33 works) might fix your problem. Also, inspect the clear piston seal and make sure do do not see any cracks or scratches on there; if the clear seal is damage, then you need a rebuilt kit. See breakdown video below for reference.

Please let me know how it turns out for you.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM #1162
W.C. Shooter
PBN Since "05"

^^^^^^^^........ Thank you.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 AM #1163
deaallen

deaallen supports Shocker RSX
Hi any help much appreciated!

In January I bought a new tank, originally I wanted a myth G2 reg but when I ordered it I was told that those regs were no longer being produced but the replacement (Rebel Reg) was just as good.

So I go ahead and order my new tank, got it filled at my local scuba shop and at 2am in the morning the next day the LP burst disk blew! Weird considering this was a brand new tank with a brand new reg on??

So anyway I ordered a replacement burst disk for the reg and at the same time ordered a LP assembly (I'm buying my mates victory soon so need a LP reg) Take my reg apart and find out that the LP assembly looks nothing like whats in the Rebel Reg

Now my question is am I able to simply swap over the springs and piston (the pistons are slightly different) or pehaps just the spring, and would this give me the LP I require or do I need to buy a completely new reg?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 PM #1164
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

I have a gen 1 myth reg and on the bottom of the reg that little screw on the bottom, I believe it is called the seat retainer is beginning to show signs of green oxidation, however, there doesn't seem to be any problem. Is this something to be concerned about?
Also, the reg has not been lubed in some time(I don't even remember if it is supposed to have lube) Does this pose a problem?

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-25-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM #1165
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.C. Shooter View Post
^^^^^^^^........ Thank you.
Not a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaallen View Post
Hi any help much appreciated!

In January I bought a new tank, originally I wanted a myth G2 reg but when I ordered it I was told that those regs were no longer being produced but the replacement (Rebel Reg) was just as good.

So I go ahead and order my new tank, got it filled at my local scuba shop and at 2am in the morning the next day the LP burst disk blew! Weird considering this was a brand new tank with a brand new reg on??

So anyway I ordered a replacement burst disk for the reg and at the same time ordered a LP assembly (I'm buying my mates victory soon so need a LP reg) Take my reg apart and find out that the LP assembly looks nothing like whats in the Rebel Reg

Now my question is am I able to simply swap over the springs and piston (the pistons are slightly different) or pehaps just the spring, and would this give me the LP I require or do I need to buy a completely new reg?
First of all, we will be releasing the G2 again soon with a couple new improvements.

Second of all, the Rebel (we call it the M4.5 now) is a non adjustable regulator, this means the output pressure is only from 800-850 PSI and cannot be adjusted down.

The kits that Rap4UK sells are only for the G2 regulator and the older style Myths, not for the M4.5.

Unfortunately if you need a LP output regulator, you do need a newer regulator and our adjustable regulators are not ready just yet; working out a couple more kinks before we release the regs.

I will contact Rap4UK to make it clear on the kits, and compatibility.

As for the new M4.5 that had the burst disk go out, this can be from a couple factors. You had a dirty fill, somehow dirt or debris was introduced inside the regulator. The video above is based on the older style Myth reg, but the internals are the same except for the seat retainer, and the flush burst disk. Open up the regulator, and make sure to clean any dirt or debris inside. Inspect the piston and make sure the ball clear seal is not damage. If the ball seal is not damage, and your regulator is cleaned out, then you can add in a new burst disk.

If you are still having a problems, please e-mail Pete at service@tiberiusarms.com and he will take care of you.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 AM #1166
deaallen

Hey thanks a lot for clearing that up for me. It's a good thing you're contacting rap4uk also as there is no description on their site as to what regs those kits can be used with (plus I was under the impression that the Reg I was getting would also be adjustable )

I'll just have to part with £50 for a new reg, this new tank's just becoming more and more expensive
Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 PM #1167
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
I have a gen 1 myth reg and on the bottom of the reg that little screw on the bottom, I believe it is called the seat retainer is beginning to show signs of green oxidation, however, there doesn't seem to be any problem. Is this something to be concerned about?
Also, the reg has not been lubed in some time(I don't even remember if it is supposed to have lube) Does this pose a problem?
Well right now it might not be an issue, it depends how severed it is. Two things can happen on the oxidized seat retainer.

The seat retainer might break apart slowly over time and the air flow will become more open; the output pressure will increase (pretty much your 1.8K burst disk will blow and you will need a new seat retainer).

The second scenario, there can be oxidation built up around the air passage, and it will reduce the airflow into the regulator; the output pressure will drop.

I do recommend you get a rebuilt kit to avoid these issues if it is severed, but if it is very minor, then you should not be having any problems anytime soon.

PM some images to verify the oxidation.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:09 PM #1168
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Hey thanks a lot for clearing that up for me. It's a good thing you're contacting rap4uk also as there is no description on their site as to what regs those kits can be used with (plus I was under the impression that the Reg I was getting would also be adjustable )

I'll just have to part with £50 for a new reg, this new tank's just becoming more and more expensive
Not a problem and yes we will let them know.

My apologies for the inconvenience.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM #1169
deaallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio24Dude View Post
A quick clean up of the internals and lube of the o-rings (dow 33 works) might fix your problem.
Hey just want to clarify I can use dow 33 to lube the o-rings on my reg, I was always under the impression that any grease or lube could ignite if it got into the tank, or is that just oil??

Thanks,
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 PM #1170
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Hey just want to clarify I can use dow 33 to lube the o-rings on my reg, I was always under the impression that any grease or lube could ignite if it got into the tank, or is that just oil??

Thanks,
Dow 33 is fine to use on the o-rings, and the tank combustion will only happen if you use oil.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:26 PM #1171
Spazdoc

Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
How do I bring my G2 myth system on the airplane? Is it sufficient to drain the tank and have it connected to an ASA?

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM #1172
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
How do I bring my G2 myth system on the airplane? Is it sufficient to drain the tank and have it connected to an ASA?
You need to separate the tank and the regulator to clear with TSA; check links below.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...-gas-cylinders
http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...ball-equipment

You can take it to your local paintball shop to do it for you or try what the video below suggest.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM #1173
Spazdoc

Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Okay, I was told that I needed a specific tool to get it off, as I was having trouble servicing it last year. The usual method of using the fill nipple will not work.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 PM #1174
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
Okay, I was told that I needed a specific tool to get it off, as I was having trouble servicing it last year. The usual method of using the fill nipple will not work.
We do use a special tool, and also it was brought up in the video, but a table vice, wood, and a strap wrench will also work just fine.

As for the fill nipple, what is your issue ?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:32 PM #1175
m2piper
m2piper

m2piper owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
G2 o ring query

hi - a query in regard to size of 2 o rings specifically - the one around the brass bit inside the reg bottom) and also the o ring around the thread that screws in to the bottle and seals between bottle and reg. The former is flattened out a bit and the latter is looking a bit squashed and in need of some love/replacement!

Have spare kits just want to make sure the correct size, particularly the one inside the reg sealing the bottle.

thanks, Mark

Last edited by m2piper : 04-11-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 PM #1176
Gio24Dude
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2piper View Post
hi - a query in regard to size of 2 o rings specifically - the one around the brass bit inside the reg bottom) and also the o ring around the thread that screws in to the bottle and seals between bottle and reg. The former is flattened out a bit and the latter is looking a bit squashed and in need of some love/replacement!

Have spare kits just want to make sure.

thanks, Mark
You can use the same o-ring on both sides (flange & tank threads) 015-90 Polyurethane.

The bottom bottle tank o-ring can varied sometimes depending on the tank manufacture. For Example Carlton, Gayston will use 015-90 Polyurethane o-ring, while Luxfer, AMS would use 112-70 Buna.

But the standard tank o-ring we use on the G2 is a 112-70 Buna and on the flange is the 015-90 Polyurethane.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Closed Thread