Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Gametype/Player count for Battlefield 3 Server?
64p Conquest 64 69.57%
32p Rush 13 14.13%
32p Rush/Conquest Mixed 15 16.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 AM #85
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnekdude View Post
All of these people suggesting a website:

MAKE ONE! Ninja Mouse has already gotten the ball rolling by fronting a significant chunk of change to get a server. If you guys think a community website would help, go for it.

Back in the days of America's Army, I used to play with a group of guys who were always a great time. Some wore tags, others did not. In no way was it a clan. It was basically just a community of people who would hop online after work, etc. We would all get on Teamspeak and have some laughs while playing for a bit. There were no requirements in terms of skill level, experience, or anything of that nature. Basically it was just like having a forum and a place to organize.

All we really need is some sort of "group" for individuals to identify with the server and make them want to keep coming back. If people want to do a clan, there's no problem with it branching off of that.
to America's Army.

flickr
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 AM #86
Burninator
Mega Moderator

Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
All of these people suggesting a website:

MAKE ONE! Ninja Mouse has already gotten the ball rolling by fronting a significant chunk of change to get a server. If you guys think a community website would help, go for it.
having multiple people run different parts of the same thing sounds like a bad idea.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 AM #87
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Well seeing as Ninja Mouse has explicitly stated that this server is a community thing and he is not "running it," I think it would be best for someone to do the website who has the means. I don't think Ninja should have to be pressured into making the website if he doesn't want to or have the time to.

I am all for a forum for the sake of the server. I would be willing to set it up but I am not very web design savvy.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 09-20-2011, 08:22 AM #88
PMR13954

PMR13954 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PMR13954 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Beta available September 29th. Get ready.
-White Dye Rotor, Smoke Vlocity Jr w/Virtue chip
-68/4500 Guerilla Air w/Myth reg
DIY PMR Battery Harness quick fix/Bestest Website EVER
USPN
Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 AM #89
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Well seeing as Ninja Mouse has explicitly stated that this server is a community thing and he is not "running it," I think it would be best for someone to do the website who has the means. I don't think Ninja should have to be pressured into making the website if he doesn't want to or have the time to.

I am all for a forum for the sake of the server. I would be willing to set it up but I am not very web design savvy.
I can handle it if nobody else would like to step up. It could be my contribution for the whole thing. I do web design for a living after all.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 AM #90
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

I don’t think you need some fancy website, all we’d need in my opinion is just a place for chatting and random stuff. I mean hell, we’ve got like 20 people in the BF3 group on Steam and only like 6 of them are actually friends with me, a lot of us are in the Steam group but aren’t even Steam friends with each other lol

Also, money wise if everyone who said they’d throw in a few bucks a month actually does, we’ll be more than fine with just the people here helping pay for the costs. A whole bunch of people have posted saying they’ll toss in $5 a month, well when you add it all up our server expenses will be well covered even if a few people cant or forget to help pay each month. If you can’t help with money, help with time and just play in the server However I will say this, I am not going to foot an $85 a month bill all myself so if everyone stops helping to pay for the server then I am going to cancel it.

I’m also not a fan of big clan stuff. Gets too complicated and political. I much prefer just having a small group of guys I can hop online and game with as opposed to the ****fest a large clan rapidly turns into. I’ve been in a few big clans and they all turned into a pile of political crap and I left all of them, usually on bad terms too lol. If we end up getting a large following of server regulars then if someone has the time to sink into making a decent website and stuff, then I don’t think anyone here will stop you from making a website. Just know that outside of helping pay for the server, my involvement with a clan would be zero. Once the server is up, I’ll add some admin accounts for it and those we all feel are trust worthy will be able to restart and modify server settings if needed in case I am at work or not able to be contacted to help with a server issue.

I know a lot of you are in school so its easier to have time for gaming, but some people like me are busy with work and life outside work, so when we have time to game we just want to hop on and play and not deal with clan stuff.

tl;dr: Ninja Mouse dgaf about clans or fancy websites, he just wants to teabag *****es.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 AM #91
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
I don’t think you need some fancy website, all we’d need in my opinion is just a place for chatting and random stuff. I mean hell, we’ve got like 20 people in the BF3 group on Steam and only like 6 of them are actually friends with me, a lot of us are in the Steam group but aren’t even Steam friends with each other lol

Also, money wise if everyone who said they’d throw in a few bucks a month actually does, we’ll be more than fine with just the people here helping pay for the costs. A whole bunch of people have posted saying they’ll toss in $5 a month, well when you add it all up our server expenses will be well covered even if a few people cant or forget to help pay each month. If you can’t help with money, help with time and just play in the server However I will say this, I am not going to foot an $85 a month bill all myself so if everyone stops helping to pay for the server then I am going to cancel it.

I’m also not a fan of big clan stuff. Gets too complicated and political. I much prefer just having a small group of guys I can hop online and game with as opposed to the ****fest a large clan rapidly turns into. I’ve been in a few big clans and they all turned into a pile of political crap and I left all of them, usually on bad terms too lol. If we end up getting a large following of server regulars then if someone has the time to sink into making a decent website and stuff, then I don’t think anyone here will stop you from making a website. Just know that outside of helping pay for the server, my involvement with a clan would be zero. Once the server is up, I’ll add some admin accounts for it and those we all feel are trust worthy will be able to restart and modify server settings if needed in case I am at work or not able to be contacted to help with a server issue.

I know a lot of you are in school so its easier to have time for gaming, but some people like me are busy with work and life outside work, so when we have time to game we just want to hop on and play and not deal with clan stuff.

tl;dr: Ninja Mouse dgaf about clans or fancy websites, he just wants to teabag *****es.
strong this

all we'd need would be our own steam group that people can post to. People can join it and if they want to friend us, they can find our stuff (even though bf3 will be through origin, I dont think it matters). If they dont want to friend anyone in the steam group, so be it. Another alternative would be the steam group equivalent on xfire. Basically something that doesn't require a lot of effort would be the best.

As for donations, you can always spam server messages to everyone asking for them

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 AM #92
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
I can handle it if nobody else would like to step up. It could be my contribution for the whole thing. I do web design for a living after all.
I think that would be great if you could and much appreciated.

What shall our "social gaming group" be called? PBNationals?
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM #93
canemaster
Derp

canemaster plays in the PSP
canemaster owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
canemaster is an NCPA player
Hey guys I'm just curious what system you all will be playing this on?

I already have it pre ordered for PS3 but I also have a 360 that I can take from my parents house.

I've always been a PS guy but I have like 3 friends that play online with me. I have like 20+ that play on 360.. I'm just wondering if It would be worth it to setup my 360

♣ ♣

25+ (old way)
Old 09-20-2011, 09:55 AM #94
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

I think a lot of us will be using PC.

As for the site: I don't see any reason in not doing it. Its just one more thing that would make the server more appealing. I'll throw some ideas around when I have time. If anyone has any input, just throw it at me. Unless you guys absolutely don't want a site at all, for some reason.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:56 AM #95
Grim~ v2
You're a towel

Quote:
Originally Posted by canemaster View Post
Hey guys I'm just curious what system you all will be playing this on?

I already have it pre ordered for PS3 but I also have a 360 that I can take from my parents house.

I've always been a PS guy but I have like 3 friends that play online with me. I have like 20+ that play on 360.. I'm just wondering if It would be worth it to setup my 360
you should sell your ps3 and 360 and build a pc to play it on. Thats what the majority of people in here are playing it on.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ღ☃ღ════════════​══╝
Old 09-20-2011, 09:56 AM #96
canemaster
Derp

canemaster plays in the PSP
canemaster owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
canemaster is an NCPA player
Oh that's right, they're introducing their new engine for this game correct?
Schweeet.

Well only PC I still play is 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim~ v2 View Post
you should sell your ps3 and 360 and build a pc to play it on. Thats what the majority of people in here are playing it on.
I have a legit desktop that I share with my dad back at home. He built it up and it's pretty ridiculous but I only ever play CS 1.6 on it haha. I can only play that game on PC.. everything else is boring and too easy

♣ ♣

25+ (old way)

Last edited by canemaster : 09-20-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 AM #97
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I'm pretty sure most of this thread is going to be playing it on PC.

Derp, I'm too slow.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 AM #98
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango_Tango View Post
strong this

all we'd need would be our own steam group that people can post to. People can join it and if they want to friend us, they can find our stuff (even though bf3 will be through origin, I dont think it matters). If they dont want to friend anyone in the steam group, so be it. Another alternative would be the steam group equivalent on xfire. Basically something that doesn't require a lot of effort would be the best.

As for donations, you can always spam server messages to everyone asking for them
I think a Battlelog page ultimately will be the best way to go.

Quote:
I think that would be great if you could and much appreciated.

What shall our "social gaming group" be called? PBNationals?
Strong Bad's Cool Server for Attractive People (SBCS4AP)

If you think I'm kidding, wait until you see the server name October 25th.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 AM #99
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

How are we going to screen for attractive people?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:16 AM #100
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

Everyone playing BF3 on PC will be attractive, we are afterall the glorious master race (prepares for infraction).
Old 09-20-2011, 10:19 AM #101
Burninator
Mega Moderator

Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Strong Bad's Cool Server for Attractive People (SBCS4AP)

If you think I'm kidding, wait until you see the server name October 25th.
nice.

I understand what you are saying about the clan, but i think we are really talking about 2 different things. Most of us arent talking about a clan in the usual sense of the word. Really it should just be some kind of affiliating tag we share and a place to bull**** about game/server.

Im married, work, and electrical engineer major. I dont have time for the politics of the clan thing but it helps populate servers having something people can belong to. Everyone wants to belong to something, so sometimes it just helps. lol,
Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM #102
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmetal
I think you should look at peoples infraction history for possibility of them being admins
Quote:
Everyone playing BF3 on PC will be attractive, we are afterall the glorious master race (prepares for infraction).
Better be careful or we will overthrow you from the server you paid for.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM #103
Grim~ v2
You're a towel

a PBN tag would help let us know who,and will also show how many non pbn people play in the server.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ღ☃ღ════════════​══╝
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 AM #104
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

I've got nothing wrong with a tag personally. I'd likely sport it just so I knew who fellow PBNers were. I'm assuming you guys would want something like [PBN]?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:36 AM #105
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
nice.

I understand what you are saying about the clan, but i think we are really talking about 2 different things. Most of us arent talking about a clan in the usual sense of the word. Really it should just be some kind of affiliating tag we share and a place to bull**** about game/server.

Im married, work, and electrical engineer major. I dont have time for the politics of the clan thing but it helps populate servers having something people can belong to. Everyone wants to belong to something, so sometimes it just helps. lol,
Of course people want to belong, but first we gotta get people in the server so it shows 64/64 players in the browser and people are like "damn, I wanna play in Strong Bad's Cool Server for Attractive People!" I think a Battlelog page will be fine unless we become as popular as easy women in New Orleans...

Quote:
Better be careful or we will overthrow you from the server you paid for.
Bro I'm like the honey badger. Honey badger don't give a ****. COME AT ME BRO.

My clan tag will proably be #SBN. Strong Badia Nation. Gotta represent.