ReplyNews Ups

Old 09-29-2012, 06:12 PM #43
BARBdaMan
Doesn't roll on Shabbos..

BARBdaMan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhopek View Post
Let me give you the answer virtue gave me when I presented this problem. "You have a preference issue, there is nothing wrong with the crown speedfeed".

I spent the twenty bucks for a SPINE rotor speedfeed to fix the "preference" problem and its working fine now.
What a horrible answer.

I personally was able to come across the HK speedfeed option, it's all too convenient how they align.
BARBdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 PM #44
VirtuePaintballMike

VirtuePaintballMike works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBdaMan View Post
I love the spire. It is the most consistent loader I own and now the only loader I choose to own.

However, I cannot speak on the crown. I literally have to shake my loader in order to get the paintballs to fall into the loader. When I try to make the fingers more flexible by bending them as if paintballs were falling past them, they inevitably rip.

Virture, I am so let down. I will NOT pay for a new crown design, when the first one didn't work. This is the most I've ever paid for a loader and for the most part I am more than satisfied, but to hear that you will give me a discount on the redesigned crown feed? No, I should be offered a replacement and a apology.

Otherwise, great loader.
Quote:
Let me give you the answer virtue gave me when I presented this problem. "You have a preference issue, there is nothing wrong with the crown speedfeed".

I spent the twenty bucks for a SPINE rotor speedfeed to fix the "preference" problem and its working fine now.

I'm not sure who told you it was a "preference issue", but I'll apologize for that, and take your side and agree with you. I'll also say this. Speedfeeds have typically been a tradeoff of fast feeds vs. how well they keep the paint in.

When we made the Crown 2 for the Rotor, a lot of feed back we got was that while it fed extremely fast, players wished it kept the paint in better. We took those suggestions, and the new Crown 2 straight fingers do a much better job of that, but.. they do however feed a bit slower.

There are other options that may currently be more to your liking, like the Spine mentioned here, or HK Epic, or Exalt feeds. They won't hold the paint in as well as the Spire Crown2, but they are all great speed feeds, and you may like them better. We're working with all 3 of the above mentioned companies as well as one other to make several accessories and options for the Spire. We want the players to have several choices.

We also have been working for quite some time on a revolutionary new design which you'll see in the very near future. This is not a fix, or update. But a completely new design that is drastically different then any other speed feed available.

The goal of this product was to be the best of both worlds. Feed extremely fast from the mere weight of a single paintball, while simultaneously not letting a single ball ever come out the wrong way. We wanted to offer the fastest loads possible, while saving the players money in the long run by not wasting hundreds of paintballs every time you play, which has unfortunately become quite common. It was also an extremely important goal that this new speed feed be super durable and reliable.

We have several pro's currently testing them, and a great upgrade path in mind for existing crown users, that I think you'll be happy with.

Lastly, I just want to say I really do appreciate your feedback.. both the good and the bad.. The good feedback is appreciated, helps our brand, and makes us feel good. Thanks! The bad is equally if not more important, as it helps us learn, improve, and innovate.

Thanks
Mike

Support your paintball store!
VirtuePaintballMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 PM #45
Swantonbomboy

Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtuePaintballMike View Post
We also have been working for quite some time on a revolutionary new design which you'll see in the very near future. This is not a fix, or update. But a completely new design that is drastically different then any other speed feed available.

Thanks
Mike
The spring loaded fingers Sloviak has been seen using?
Swantonbomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 PM #46
BARBdaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swantonbomboy View Post
The spring loaded fingers Sloviak has been seen using?
Secrets out.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:48 PM #47
ContractKiller88
Still Ballin!

ContractKiller88 plays in the PSP
ContractKiller88 supports DLX Technology
ContractKiller88 supports Shocker RSX
ContractKiller88 supports Ninja Paintball
lol
ContractKiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:50 AM #48
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
I don't like the product hmmmmm... dunno why maybe coz it doesn't work properly. This was followed by other posts from virtue rep saying there's nothing wrong with it, just takes getting used to blah blah blah.

No issues so far with the hopper I got what I asked for. Just the speedfeed which leaves a bad taste on my mouth with regards to virtue products specially when my Old crown speedfeeds work as intended.

Page 88 of the old thread.
-----------

Quote:
I don't doubt the videos of the pros and other people feeding a pod in without experiencing a problem. But in every product there's always a chance of getting a LEMON or maybe they just had a stiff batch of spire speed feeds such is the nature of quality control it's pretty rare to get a 100 percent yield.

One thing I know though, if only one guy had an issue it could just be dumb luck, but if there are enough guys with the same problem maybe the manufacturer will actually treat it as an issue and try to fix it instead of just saying ours work so yours should work too and leave it at that.

------------------------------------

The thing with speed feeds is that everyone is different. We designed ours to keep paint in thus it must be a little stiffer. You do have 10 long and 5 short fingers, you only need to use 10 so maybe you can mod your extra fingers to your style of play if you want more of a free flow when loading at the sacrifice of losing paint when playing.

What I'm saying is I doubt you have a lemon, it's just that you don't like our speed feed. While this makes me sad, it doesn't mean you have a defective product.

Regina Regulators
Exhopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:36 PM #49
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA beginner division
Except that's exactly how it was designed to work? I don't see where the Rep was in the wrong. Yeah, it may not have been the BEST thing to say to someone, but really it IS a preference. Just because you don't like how stiff it is doesn't mean it's defective, it means that that's how it was made. It's honestly barely any stiffer from my old standard crown. The ultrasoft is by far much easier, but again, loses more paint because of that flexibility. I don't mind my crown2 at all compared to what I have used.

I fail to see how something is "broke" or defective because it doesn't work how YOU want it to. Is a Cobalt defective because YOU want it to go 180 mph but it can't? Nope.
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:04 PM #50
ybekool

ybekool plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ybekool owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ybekool supports Team VICIOUS
ybekool plays in the APPA D4 division
Slowiak let the team try out a Spire today, and it ran great. Much lighter than a rotor and no jams.

Edited, I realized my post made it seem like it jammed, the two that we used did not jam at all during our day of play.

Last edited by ybekool : 10-01-2012 at 03:02 PM.
ybekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM #51
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybekool View Post
virtually no jams.
so it did jam some?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM #52
Sam_salomon
omgwow

Sam_salomon plays in the PSP
Sam_salomon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sam_salomon plays in the APPA D3 division
Sam_salomon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
this is cool
Sam_salomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 PM #53
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by private_silver View Post
Except that's exactly how it was designed to work? I don't see where the Rep was in the wrong. Yeah, it may not have been the BEST thing to say to someone, but really it IS a preference. Just because you don't like how stiff it is doesn't mean it's defective, it means that that's how it was made. It's honestly barely any stiffer from my old standard crown. The ultrasoft is by far much easier, but again, loses more paint because of that flexibility. I don't mind my crown2 at all compared to what I have used.

I fail to see how something is "broke" or defective because it doesn't work how YOU want it to. Is a Cobalt defective because YOU want it to go 180 mph but it can't? Nope.
Yeah I get what you are saying. We are talking about the crown2 on a spire here right not on a rotor?

It's probably designed to do this.

this might explain it better why I prefer the crown.... the old crown that is.

And yes its fixed now, there's a Spine on top of it now since virtue won't even consider fixing it. (40 + 20 = 60 bucks for a speedfeed LOLZ, my velocity cost the same when it went on sale and still works)

Regina Regulators
Exhopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:00 AM #54
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I used my spire at the weekend playing woodsball with the standard flip top and had no problems no jams.It fed paint like a champ!!

Rotor up for sale!!
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:33 PM #55
The_Fresh
Doug

plays in the NXL
i love the hopper and ive had it since release. i own a rotor, and recently sold my z2 for the spire. spire is great in every area. my only gripe is the height of the spire mechanism itself. When my spire has the crown speed feed I have to shake the hopper around for a bit to get all of the paint into the hopper.

If the lid is off, I dont have a problem. It seems to be a combination of things between the crown and the spire drive's height.

Guys @ virtue quick ?

Have you guys thought of making a shorter height drive cone set up? Does it need to be that high up?

Other people have said the same thing. Other than that I love everything you guys did with it.
The_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:39 PM #56
GaryR1984

I want one..
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM #57
Spy 1
Aruba Bandits

Spy 1 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Spy 1 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
I tested mine yestherday with some crappy and dimpled paint to see if it would jam. It shot fine but I can not even aim my gun a little low cause the paint will not feed anymore. I also tried to shoot the whole loader in one string of paint on ramping and it would stop at mid-point and afterwards after shaking the hopper it would resume feeding.

Team Blazed & Confused
Sponsors: Planet Ecplise, BonusballKING
R.I.P Juan Carlos Henao Jaramillo you will be missed but not forgotten (Diablero)
R.I.P Rob Kerr (Bloodangel13)

Facebook
Spy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:13 AM #58
Swantonbomboy

Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
New crown design we should be seeing in the future hopefully

Swantonbomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 AM #59
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

kwik is a Supporting Member
kwik supports Team VICIOUS
kwik supports Pev's Paintball
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
I would tend to think the drive cone does need to be that tall as that is where some of the internals are, as opposed to the bottom of the hopper like others, they did it this way to increase capacity without increases size. There is a little give and take in this situation.

ICD-Owners
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 AM #60
frost1235
Terminal Lance

frost1235 plays in the PSP
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fresh View Post
i love the hopper and ive had it since release. i own a rotor, and recently sold my z2 for the spire. spire is great in every area. my only gripe is the height of the spire mechanism itself. When my spire has the crown speed feed I have to shake the hopper around for a bit to get all of the paint into the hopper.

If the lid is off, I dont have a problem. It seems to be a combination of things between the crown and the spire drive's height.

Guys @ virtue quick ?

Have you guys thought of making a shorter height drive cone set up? Does it need to be that high up?

Other people have said the same thing. Other than that I love everything you guys did with it.
Hey... You guys weren't at the last event

But there is a good fix coming out, and virtue themselves said that they are looking into it as of now.
frost1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM #61
D1PP1N

D1PP1N has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D1PP1N has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D1PP1N supports DLX Technology
They could make a taller lid so its further away from the internals, this way if your unhappy or need a little more capacity it will help with both. i run a hi-cap on my rotor and although it looks dumb i can shoot forever it feels like and i can dump entire locklids in without losing balls (sure i lose a few), otherwise i end up dumping 1/4 pod most of the time.
D1PP1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 PM #62
BARBdaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1PP1N View Post
They could make a taller lid so its further away from the internals, this way if your unhappy or need a little more capacity it will help with both. i run a hi-cap on my rotor and although it looks dumb i can shoot forever it feels like and i can dump entire locklids in without losing balls (sure i lose a few), otherwise i end up dumping 1/4 pod most of the time.
Your high cap on the rotor is still less than the Spires stock capacity.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:15 PM #63
GaryR1984

Is that a joke?
GaryR1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.