Community Focus

Old 03-19-2005, 09:56 AM #1
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Inside The Epic!

Ruff animation of the Epics internals working Curtisy of kksayopeds

OK well I finally got around to take it apart, and man was that easy! The design on this gun is so simple a rugged, that it beats the Tippmann, spyder, and automag...and any thing else in simplicity, ruggedness and reliability.

Here we go, as I take it apart step by step:

Here is the Feed neck taken off. As you can see the trap door exposed.

Here is the trap door removed. asa you can see the air passage, as well as the metal rod to the right that moves the trap door back and forth:

Inside the frame. Trigger adjustments around the trigger. The SS plate down in the hole moves back and forth as you pull the trigger There seams to be a 3 way like shaft under that which releases the air into the DUMP chamber that you will see latter. . Air goes threw that small oring to the left to charge the dumpe chamber which will charge the Trap door and Behind the Bumpe valve.

Sorry guys, the image server used for hosting is no longer running! I don't have copies of the originals!
If I ever get another Epic I will update this with new pictures!

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.

Last edited by Spartan X : 12-02-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Spartan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2005, 09:58 AM #2
Spartan X
Unbanned

Continued

This is what goes into that resces in the grip frame. When it’s in the “up” position is blocks the air way, but as it moves down it releases air into the breach. The air passage is just above this. The SS part is sepret from the Brass, as you can see below the larger Brass part, there is a Pin that comes down as shown in the diagram.When the dump chamber is charged, this pin wants to travel down, out of the bass part. When you pull the trigger the hole in that ss plate in the grip frame allows the pin to travel down, thus allowing the Dumb valve to open and fire a paintball. When the pressure on the dump valve is relieved a internal spring takes the pin back to it's original position sealing the dump chamber again. :

This is the Dump chamber It feeds the Dump valve and Trap door. Air comes up that small oring in between the trigger frame and body into here and pressurizes the back of the trap door shaft, closing it.

This seams to be a removable spacer. He gave me a extra. I think you can swap them out for co2 and HPA but I’m unsure, I’ll ask Jim next time I talk with him:

Sorry guys, the image server used for hosting is no longer running! I don't have copies of the originals!

Old Feedback

Old 03-19-2005, 09:59 AM #3
Spartan X
Unbanned

There is a small screw that takes out the “ram” or Trap door shaft. This is with the “ram” removed:

Here is the Trap door Shaft, or the “ram” That moves the trap door as it sits in the gun:

As you can see the sping inside. When you have the gun pressurized air holds the door forward. When it’s ready to load another ball, the air disapates and the spring brings the trap door back, allowing a ball to load. Then it closes again.

Nothing under the grips:

The ASA. Starting from the left is the main and first screw that holds the asa on. Then theres the regulator pre-vent hole incase the reg. over pressurizes. Then you have the asa mounts for after market drops, then the small hole in-between in the asa vent hole.

Old Feedback

Old 03-19-2005, 10:00 AM #4
Spartan X
Unbanned

Under the ASA. As you can see there is a screw that is slanted. This screw comes out to the side of the ASA and is how you adjust the velocity, and reg. It used to be right on the bottom of the gun, but they moved it for convenience of those that use drops or aftermarket asa’s. It pushes on the reg spring, controlling the pressure tension given to the reg. The Oring to the right is the air passage for the air it’s self which goes internally to the Regulators input, then out puts behind the trigger for the Dump valve, and for the trap door Ram passage.

The Red spring removed:

The reg sleeve and seat. This as as fare as I could go, because I felt uncomfortable taking the rest of the reg apart were it gets into the smaller pieces. These are taken apart by removing the screw on the back of the grip frame.

I thought this odd. The trap door that came in the gun has like a spike on it. This spike pushes the ball into the breach as it closes. This confuses me because essentially that’s would be the same thing as a bolt pushing the ball into the barrel as the breach seals. But the Sized breach Trap doors do not have that. I used a Size C breach door now because it’s in-between and fits the paint I usually use.

Old Feedback

Old 03-19-2005, 10:22 PM #5
irunthesn8ke

nice work spartan, o and about that bump on the botom of the trap door, it looks as if it could be slid off and be put on the other size doors. Not like it would realy matter though.
irunthesn8ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:39 PM #6
Spartan X
Unbanned

Quote:
Originally posted by irunthesn8ke
nice work spartan, o and about that bump on the botom of the trap door, it looks as if it could be slid off and be put on the other size doors. Not like it would realy matter though.
Nope it's fixed and parts of it.

But yah, this will help people better understand the Epic and just how simple it is....KISS, Keep It Stupid Simple.

Old Feedback

Old 03-20-2005, 10:08 PM #7
dann (Banned)

I've been waiting for these for quite a while ......awesome job

-Dan
dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:37 PM #8
BPcustoms

hey i created a desgin without a bolt too without even knowing you did the same.. n u got the patent b4 me to lol o well pm me and we can talk bout these and maybe discuss different ideas because my boltless marker runs a little different
BPcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:37 PM #9
cabanaboy00

yea thats sick
cabanaboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:08 PM #10
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

Get a Hold at Jim at www.Icepaintball.com

The number is at the bottem.

He has the patent not me.

DCF-1 Viking and FreeFlow Millennium Autococker

If you need to get to me PM me at my original screen name linked above...Spartan X. They unbanned my old account, so I'm moving back to it.
SPARTAN II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:32 PM #11
rich4444

I've compiled this data into a webpage for easy browsing as well as added a few of my own pictures and explanations. Although, if you own a marker, you should definately read the instruction manually throughly!!

Click the picture to see!

Original Post prior to edit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiya Spartan X,

I thought you may enjoy me doing a bit of processing on your images and hosting them... (I'm pretty good with resizing, gama, file size reduction).... (rest deleted)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by rich4444 : 06-15-2005 at 02:36 PM.
rich4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:57 AM #12
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

Yah I can't do that now because My old screen name, Spartan X was banned.

And I don't have access to Flagpull's FTP.

But very nice job on the website I wish I could mod my first post...if only they wopuld unbann that name, I put so much into it.

If you need to get to me PM me at my original screen name linked above...Spartan X. They unbanned my old account, so I'm moving back to it.

Last edited by SPARTAN II : 06-15-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:36 PM #13
happynub

how'd you get yourself banned?
happynub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:49 AM #14
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

Quote:
Originally posted by happynub
how'd you get yourself banned?
And Tony spoke, and PM's were created!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 PM #15
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

Dang it! The host to my pictures shut down, so now it's all blank and I can't go back and edit it because I was banned on that user name!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:53 PM #16
the mag guy

I'd be interesting in Remaking Spartan in you're interested. I was planning on hosting through photobucket, but I might buy a URL from godaddy and host images myself. If you don
t want to remake it do you mind if I use your words?

How does the Axe stand up to the Ego 11? You tell me!!! Axe vs Ego 11
the mag guy is offline   Reply With Quote