PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2001, 05:18 PM #1
ren

has been a member for 10 years
Talking

Hey people, just starting up a little nova group here for the people of PBD who have been kicked off by greedy bastards. (pointing no fingers)
If you've got pics of your nova, feel free to post em up. Here's mine:
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2001, 05:45 PM #2
Tony
Administrator

PGI forum

Moving this to the designated Nova forum.

Enjoy!
Old 05-03-2001, 06:20 AM #3
Russman

Designated Nova forum....
WHERE???
Although I think the Mayhem, Nova and Section 8 markers probably should be grouped together due to the similar technology, and considering neither one alone has an extremely large following yet.
Old 05-03-2001, 06:23 AM #4
Russman

*sigh* if I have to
Old 05-03-2001, 07:22 AM #5
ren

oh man russ, you have got one AWESOME nova. what barrel/shroud is on there? Is that your own 45 block or did you custom-make that d/f...er d/b (backward ) with your massive array of machines??
Is that a right hand feed or a center feed?
Did you make that foregrip?
And does the "handle" (45 block or whatever it's called) DETACH from the thing it screws into? Let me rephrase...

You know how there are three parts:
1 the main "body" of the gun, the blue part
2.The "frame???", or the thing right under and parallel to the body which says "super nova E.T." on it
3.and the 45 "block", or the thing attached to #2.

can you detach number 3 from number 2?
does number 3 have 4-hole or standard (2 inline) hole arrangement? If I got an ET "frame" (whatever that hell that is ) could I take the 45 "block" (or handle) off of my nova 700 and put it on teh ET "frame"?

thanks a lot peoples.
Old 05-03-2001, 07:23 AM #6
ren

and one more thing....couldn't I just get the little ET clippard "box" thing and put it right on my N700 anyway? They look the same...
Old 05-03-2001, 07:41 AM #7
Russman

LOL-- sheesh, it aint THAT purdy
Pretty much everything on there (D/F, barrel, foregrip) was bought direct from Airstar when they were still around. It IS right hand feed with a upgraded 3" drop tube (also from Airstar). And yes, the .45 block does detach from the frame, so you COULD use your aftermarket grip on an E.T. frame--but you would have to drill a hole through the top for the wires, and I'm not sure where you'd put an on/off switch.. As far as just putting the solenoid/manifold on your 700, I think there's too much difference internally to do that. I'm not sure how hard it would be though, because I've never opened up a Nova700, so I have no clue how different the internals are in that area. If I could get this darn camera to upload the pictures, I could explain this stuff ALOT easier.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:09 PM #8
PeteCoffey
What kind of gun is that?

Here's mine

Last edited by PeteCoffey : 05-03-2001 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2001, 05:42 PM #9
ren

Dang! nice guns people! I guess I will just say screw the whole ET mod....I don't really have much need for it. Do the nova 700's have the same trigger stop that the SN's do? You know, that little screw in the trigger that adjusts the travel....? How short can I get my nova 700 trigger? How is the pull compared to a SN? Also, will the barrel of my N700 fly off? I have heard of that happening...
Old 05-03-2001, 08:55 PM #10
BK sr

far as I know they are the same I did a trigger job for a kid on his 700 that is about 2mm if he didnt want so much money for the marker he could sell it in a heart beat around here.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:28 PM #11
ren

Well since I probably wont find an ET kit, I am considering buying a darkstar frame in the furute and going that route. Then, as my starving and emaciated budget allows, I will buy a morlock or glacier board for t/f and s/f options. Here is what I mean by the darkstar frame
-and I don't know a whole lot about it AT ALL, so please help me out and teach me something new
-ren
Old 05-03-2001, 10:29 PM #12
ren

and by the way the "darkstar ET frame" is on the nova on the top, titled "NOVA ET"
-I have NO idea whether it is a nova 700 or a SN, but regardless I would like to have my nova 700 with s/f capabilities in come point of my life. cya
Old 05-03-2001, 10:47 PM #13
kenjay

kenjay is a founding member
That darkstar frame looks like the ACI sonic conversion kit gripframe. It's also the gripframe that's on my Mayhem. It doesn't have a board in it. It has the exterior wiring coming from a solenoid that plugs into the gripframe(notice the plug in the picture). It can easily be shortened to about 1mm, and it can be shortstroked. It's plastic, but it's sturdy and I think it's pretty nice. It's light i suppose, since it's plastic. Plus, has room for a foregrip. Someone around here has put a morelock board right into the gripframe where the battery is(with a little carving and hollowing out though), so I guess you could end up doing that if you wanted to. Oh well...maybe someone else around here actually knows what they're talking about. Cant say i didnt try.
Old 05-03-2001, 10:56 PM #14
ren

kenjay, thanks for the help. Everything helps, even if it is bad info and misguiding. At least there is someone who seems to care!
Urm...as much as I would like it, I *really* dont want to "downgrade" my nova from a good solid metal frame which may have a heavier and longer trigger pull, to a lighter frame of PLASTIC with a sloppy pull which is light and short. I dunno....
Really, I just want russman's gun....lol
the F5 of novas....
Old 05-06-2001, 11:01 AM #15
Nova700ET

Ren I am also interested in getting a ET kit or something eqivalent for my Nova 700 as well. A while ago someone told me that Splattmaxx would be carrying the parts and once neopaintball was back up they would be carrying them as well. So far I have seen nothing on Splattmaxx that has anything to do with the old Nova line, but the do have section 8(which includes the Darkstar). Let me know if you find anything else about it.
Old 05-06-2001, 11:23 AM #16
ren

I dont even know if an ET kit fits a super nova...
I have decided to give up on the ET idea for now, I really don't need it, and I got a max-flow regulator w/ gauge for it instead. I also plan to have my 11" cci nickel barrel milled out to nova700 "threads". Here is what the barrel looks like normally (its supposed to be for a phantom, but I got a 16" SP AA for my phantom and don't use the nickeled that much anymore and I think it would server me better on the nova700. Anyway, heres what the nickeled looks like:

If I can get it milled, it will have all of the good qualities of a barrel.
-awesome construction
-great efficiency
-right length for gas expantsion
-right length for the nova shroud (11")
-special lateral porting at the end to take the edge off
-superior strength to brass

I really hope I can do it, wish me luck.
Ren

Also, I got a maxflow for it too! yay!
Old 05-12-2001, 01:59 AM #17
NOVAguy

Talking Hey Guys!

wow, my first post here, nice to see we actually have a forum here!
oh, and that phantom barrel should work great as a nova barrel...

'gets compfy in chair'

NOVAguy
Old 05-12-2001, 07:38 AM #18
ren

Talking Welcome, NOVAguy!

I don't think it would work though....If I had to mill the very tip of it, I would literally be IN the porting (CCI barrels have wierd "lateral" porting...thinwalling it would be a bad idea. I'll see how it fits, I dunno though. Don't forget you need a fairly thick barrel because although you want it thin, there are places where it needs to be thick to "hold" orings. I dunno. I was just planning on honing and polishing the brass stock barrel.
Old 10-01-2001, 11:42 PM #19
DYEPAINTBALLERdj

man what ugly, stupid guns
Old 10-01-2001, 11:50 PM #20
kenjay

kenjay is a founding member
geez....dont anyone even respond...
Old 10-02-2001, 01:29 AM #21
MaD

MaD is a founding member
MaD supports Ninja Paintball
On the subject WHY do people find it necessary to bash paintball guns? To each his own. And god forbid a company make something different and try to improve on technology. Nah... let's all shoot blowbacks or re-use the nelson valve design in about 1000 more guns.

Oh well, just a quick rant.