Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2010, 02:52 PM #1
harrison1

Cook-out Fund-Raising to help with Ron from Classic Paintball - thanks for coming out

Monday morning Ron was working on pulling down a scaffold at the fields and lost his balance, and he fell appoximatly 12ft landing directly onto the top of his head. He was taken to the hospital where we were told that he had broken three of the vertebrae in his neck, and fractured two in his back. It was described to us as, he dove into a swimming pool without any water.

The doctor said that usually this type of an injury is a life changing one, he said that most people actually do not live through the fall and those that do, very few ever regain the use of their limbs. Throughout this entire process Ron has never lost consciousness or ever lost the use of his arms and legs. He will have to take some time off from the paintball field and he will have to wear a brace that goes around his chest and up to his neck to give him full support. He will wear the brace 3 to 4 months and when he does return to the field his movements and work ability will be limited for a time.

We would like to thank all the members of the Classic Paintball family that have been so supportive by continuing to call and come by the hospital to show their concerns. He was finally able to come home Thursday evening and the process of getting everyone back into the normal routine has begun. All of the normal day to day operations such as weekly private evens and weekend walk-in/open play will continue UN-interrupted. The business hours and procedures will not change!!!

The best way to show Ron and Classic your support is to come out to the fields to play paintball and have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc01 View Post
Cook-out Fund Raising event to help with Ron's from Classic medical expenses.

COOK-OUT IS: Saturday May 22nd 2010 @ 12noon. Please attend ..all walk-ins welcome. Please invite family and friends.Players and teams from others fileds..you are all invited and welcome to attend.

Tickets for Meals will be available on sale @ Classic starting this Thursday 29th April for $20 each. Please talk to Len about how many tickets you will need for your family and friends...and how many you can sell to others to attend. Please turn all funds into Len and only Len...he is the treasure for this event.As you know..the food is cooked fresh at the field over hickory wood.
Menu: BBq chicken, BBQ pork ribs with two(2) sides, corn on cobb, mac and cheese, cole slaw, bake beans, rice and peas.
Sodas and water will be on sale aslo for $1

Donations are welcome!

Len Cell # 404-354-9521
Sinclair Cell # 404-391-9310

harrison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2010, 03:08 PM #2
ShanePreston
www.shaneshotshots.com

has been a member for 10 years
ShanePreston owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wow I had no clue. Def will keep him in our thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted.
Try our 3-Man-they are fun!, AXE by Empire. The bomb!, NCPA We still make paintball fun - Birthdays-Corportate-Team Building-or JUST FOR FUN! Try Shane's Hot Shots. We have restrooms, lights and lots of people to shoot at.

www.shaneshotshots.com
Everyone welcome.
ShanePreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM #3
harrison1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanePreston
: Wow I had no clue. Def will keep him in our thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted.

yeah we pretty much was keeping it on the DL inorder to keep any misinformation or rumors from getting out. We also were waiting untill we knew exactly what all we were faceing before we started really letting everyone know, everything is good now but there for a little bit we were realy unsure how everything was going to turnout. Thank you and just continue to send us ur prayers!!!
harrison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 PM #4
ShanePreston
www.shaneshotshots.com

ShanePreston owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
No doubt! For sure.
Try our 3-Man-they are fun!, AXE by Empire. The bomb!, NCPA We still make paintball fun - Birthdays-Corportate-Team Building-or JUST FOR FUN! Try Shane's Hot Shots. We have restrooms, lights and lots of people to shoot at.

www.shaneshotshots.com
Everyone welcome.
ShanePreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:00 AM #5
LASTCALLL (Banned)

LASTCALLL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Some one take that man to the beach to relax.
LASTCALLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 PM #6
sinc01

Will be out of town: I thought I would be out of town for the weekend...however I will be out until friday of next week.
I will see yall then.
PS: The phone directory will be ready for pick-up at classic shop anytime after tomorrow..should have enough copies for everyone.
sinc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 PM #7
sinc01

Cook-out Fund Raising event to help with Ron's from Classic medical expenses.
Hey guy; this a a follow up from Sunday's meeting:
1. The Players Directory is availalbe at the counter at classic paintball..everyone's phone # is on there that attented. Please pick one up..it even contains your teammates numbers you may not have.

2. COOK-OUT IS: Saturday May 22nd 2010 @ 12noon. Please attend ..all walk-ins welcome. Please invite family and friends.Players and teams from others fileds..you are all invited and welcome to attend.

3. Tickets for Meals will be available on sale @ Classic starting this Thursday 29th April for $20 each. Please talk to Len about how many tickets you will need for your family and friends...and how many you can sell to others to attend. Please turn all funds into Len and only Len...he is the treasure for this event.As you know..the food is cooked fresh at the field over hickory wood.
Menu: BBq chicken, BBQ pork ribs with two(2) sides, corn on cobb, mac and cheese, cole slaw, bake beans, rice and peas.
Sodas and water will be on sale aslo for $1

Donations are welcome!

Len Cell # 404-354-9521
Sinclair Cell # 404-391-9310

Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 PM #8
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Ron, I wanted to wish you a complete recovery. Our thoughts are with the whole family.

We had a great time when some of the PbN crew came out and played at the field and we hope to be back some day. Please let me know if we can help in any way.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:16 PM #9
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Wanted to chime in with some positive vibes, Ron and the CP crew were very hospitable to us, and we had a great time. I was saddened to hear about the accident, but am so glad that it looks like you'll be making a complete recovery. Hope it's a speedy one!

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:33 AM #10
EnglishMullet

EnglishMullet donated to help Peyton Trent
EnglishMullet is for the Gunfight
EnglishMullet supports our troops
EnglishMullet supports DLX Technology
Had a blast at this field! Just wanted to say I hope it's a huge success!
EnglishMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:25 PM #11
sinc01

Ok guys...am back from mini vacation and on it now!!! If you have not gottin your cook-out meal tickets for medical expenses for sale and family...please pick up from Classic
Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 PM #12
austinre8r

austinre8r plays in the PSP
austinre8r plays in the MiLP
austinre8r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
austinre8r plays in the APPA D4 division
Everybody don't forget about the cookout will be this Saturday!!!
Bring your friends!!
austinre8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:32 PM #13
sinc01

A Reminder To Everyone.....the Cook-out To Aide Ron's Medical Expenses Is This Saturday...tickets For Friends An Family Can Be Purchased At The Field.
Thank You!...and See You There AT CLASSIC PAINTBALL !!!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:01 PM #14
sinc01

the food is going to be excellent! so come out and enjoy and play some paintball!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 PM #15
discodisco
Dont mess with the ZOHAN

discodisco supports Team VICIOUS
ill definitly be there
discodisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:13 PM #16
sinc01

Thanks to everyone that came out to the grill-out to aide in Ron's medical fund...It was great...met allot of new friends, enjoyed all the ballers and everyone support as our paintball family... :-) Ron and family really appricated the support...the rec players chime in and enjoyed the food and fun too....Thank to Ed from PB Nation for bringing the PB Nation RV....it was awesome!!!!....Flat screens, paintball video, air condition...on the roof balcony...really really nice...every player should check it out when it travels to the different fields around GA.
Again Thanks to Ed for taking the time to come out and eat and have fund with us!
Thanks again to everyone!

Last edited by sinc01 : 05-22-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 PM #17
CS@PbNation

CS@PbNation is a Supporting Member
CS@PbNation supports Cereal Killerz 2
CS@PbNation donated to help Peyton Trent
CS@PbNation supports Sherwood Forest
CS@PbNation supports our troops
Thanks for a great event and awesome food. It was a blast. Nice to see all of the Classic Paintball supporters and teams.

See you soon.

Ed
Old 05-22-2010, 08:04 PM #18
discodisco
Dont mess with the ZOHAN

discodisco supports Team VICIOUS
the food was great,had a good time. good cooking trash talk
discodisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:31 AM #19
sinc01

Quote:
Originally Posted by discodisco View Post
the food was great,had a good time. good cooking trash talk
Thanks bro!!!....It was my pleasure......enjoyed every second.

We gonna be putting some more chicken on the wood grill today after scrimmage....Hell I think am gonna cook some grits, egg and beacon for breakfast over the wood fire this morning...lol
Old sytle cooking...lol

Last edited by sinc01 : 05-23-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:36 PM #20
komikaze

Sinc!

You guys get any pix???

WTB Paintball stuff; Pod pack, mask, elbow pads, knee pads, slider shorts, Luxe, NT, DP G5, Angel A1 Fly, AR;K, A1 fly'd, Small Bore kit, Critical/Cobra Trigger, Tactical Stock & Apex barrel, PM me!
komikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM #21
sinc01

yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by komikaze View Post
Sinc!

You guys get any pix???