Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-02-2006, 09:26 AM #1
LAtournyplayer
- - - ULL - - -

has been a member for 10 years
*Official Legend Review Thread*

If you have gotten your beautiful Infinity Legend yet, please post your reviews here.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2006, 06:49 PM #2
kevine

I'm using a Reloader B, 90 ci/4500 Nitroduck Xtreme adjustable screw-in set at about 500 psi, and a JT 2-piece barrel .690. Shoots perfect ropes, very fast, and light.

Very light marker, easy to use one-handed (while loading), and the trigger is extremely smooth.

It has a small profile so posting up and staying tight is not a problem, even for big back players like myself.

The most significant thing I've noticed is efficiency. I used about 1100 psi and shot 5 pods and a hopper...that's about 800+ shots with just over a 1000 psi.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:36 PM #3
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1709148
Old 09-03-2006, 12:34 AM #4
ghettofbls925
Mac Dre all dam Dizzay!!!

What is it with this gun. Is it the new ion or somethin? It looks ugly to me. Just an opinion though.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:23 AM #5
USMarine928

its b/c hk uses them and they get a supossed hopper and 13 pods off a 68/45 i guess..i dont think theyre bad looking but nothing to wait this long for.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:42 AM #6
ghettofbls925
Mac Dre all dam Dizzay!!!

Ohhhhh........It's a HK hype thing. At least it gets great efficiency..........
Old 09-03-2006, 12:51 PM #7
MowinThe937

I really dont like the looks of it, needs a better milling
Old 09-03-2006, 07:30 PM #8
GONZO101

effiency (sp?)
and cause of hk i guess. but they are pretty sweet
Old 09-03-2006, 11:01 PM #9
LAtournyplayer
- - - ULL - - -

Ok, this is a LEGEND REVIEW thread meaning has if you have them or has shot them, leave what you think. Not just having seen a picture and saying they are ugly.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:09 AM #10
assassinationACI
ONCE GREAT, ALWAYS GREAT

assassinationACI is a Supporting Member
This gun has less hype than the new etek ego, but after real ego owners started ragging on etek owners thats when the hype left and came back to this marker. IMO this gun is still going to be very rare and not very common till a next year when the HK Legend gets out.

EDIT: i think it just needs more milling on the frame
Old 09-13-2006, 03:48 PM #11
XMAILMANX
PimpHustleStackMoney

I had the chance to see and use this marker at NPPL in SD this past weekend. The Legend is one of, if not the LIGHTEST marker i've ever held. Its overall size in height are not to my liking, but it does look very nice. There is no need for upgrades as it comes stock with a CP reg and Hybrid Grips. Gun shot very fast and consistent. This will be one of the markers to watch for in the 07 season! Great job! i'm anxious to see what the future holds for the marker. Again, its a deal at $750, and you won't be disappointed! BIG UPS TO SAUCEY from Splat kids!! Good luck and see you at the events.

Oliver "Mailman" Dagum

Owner-Urban Quest 505 PbFeild

PIMP HUSTLE STACK-MONEY
Old 09-22-2006, 02:42 AM #12
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
My legend review

First Impression:

I got the gun in San Diego, as soon as i opened the box i noticed that it came with everything you need. Included was a manual, parts kit, and a barrel condom. I was already hyped knowing that it came stock with hybrid grips and a cp reg. since i probably would have tossed the stock ones and bought them anyway. The one and only downside is that it didnt come with an asa so i couldnt ask them to air it up for me to make sure it doesnt leak before i take it home, although i would have tossed the stock one anyway. Knowing all new gun companys, they are usually leaking out of the box. So, being in San Diego; I trotted over to the Hybrid Tech booth and purchased a rail and on/off. As soon as it was put on, i aired the marker up and no leaks at all. so i boxed it back up and went home.

Weight:

At first, it seem unballanced and back heavy, but thats only because i use a 70/4500 stubby. A DYE stubby. Heaviest tank in paintball. I threw a friends 45/45 on there and it fealt wonderfull.

Consistancy:

So I stepped on the feild and aired it up. right out of the box i shot 296, 299, 280, 302, 299. pretty impressive for a brand new gun, and brand new reg. I did notice a bit of kick...but im sure that can be adjusted through the dwell/HPR settings. I also noticed that it shoots more of an arched ball (like a dm/proto) instead of a flat ball (ego, cocker). It may have just been my crappy paint.

Efficiancy

So, using the 45/45 with a 3000 fill, i played a game. I emptied 3 pods and a hopper, once the game was over i looked at the gauge on my tank and there was 2000 left. 3 pods and a hopper on 1000psi? lets do the math. 4(3 pods & hopper)x3(thousanths psi )=12 pods. 12 pods on a 45/45!!! i didnt even get that with my pm6 using a 70/45!

Summery:

12 pods on a 45/45, great numbers on chronograph out of the box. comes with everything you need EXCEPT an asa, very light, kick is there but not overwhealming. An overall solid marker. A Great buy for your money!!

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
Old 09-22-2006, 09:11 AM #13
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR.

Efficiancy

So, using the 45/45 with a 3000 fill, i played a game. I emptied 3 pods and a hopper, once the game was over i looked at the gauge on my tank and there was 2000 left. 3 pods and a hopper on 1000psi? lets do the math. 4(3 pods & hopper)x3(thousanths psi )=12 pods. 12 pods on a 45/45!!! i didnt even get that with my pm6 using a 70/45!

you efficency test suxs.. you are guestimating, if you acutally did a real test your numbers would different, most people don't shoot the whole tank empty, due to getting shoot down round 500psi or so..
Old 09-22-2006, 01:15 PM #14
spartan013
Contract Killer

ive only test shot my legend.

but i can say that it is very quick, not loud (ive herd it was loud, but the ego is definantly louder), and has little kick like any other high end marker.

i was amazed at how fast it was actually. neither my matrix, cyborg, or ego ever drained my hopper as fast as this marker did.

i was a bit dissapointed though... i had just under 2.5k in my 45/4500 tank and i was only able to get 3 pods before it started dropping short. i never chronoed the marker, i just kind of eye balled it in my back yard. maybe chronoing will help. giving the reg some time to wear it may help as well.

i was surprised at how accurate it was though, everything was ball on ball, and the paint wasnt exactly the freshest i had.

over all:

im happy. im not a fan of sling blade triggers, but i can live with it for now. ide like to see it get the famed efficiency though.

setup:
stock legend w/ hybrid rail and pushbutton asa
macdev 45/4500 LP tank
BOOSTed halo B (soon to have cheetah!)
Old 09-22-2006, 03:21 PM #15
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

MutR - Yeah you're efficiency is off. That's how much you should get around, give or take 1-3 pods on a 68/45. You have to keep in mind that between 3000-4500, you wont get as many pods as between 1000-3000. Also, you start dropping off probably around 500 psi.

spartan013 - Give it time to break in. Also, once you get some good settings, you will see the famed efficiency. Oh yeah and chrono'ing wouldn't help either haha
Old 09-22-2006, 05:00 PM #16
MutR.
Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg
you efficency test suxs.. you are guestimating, if you acutally did a real test your numbers would different, most people don't shoot the whole tank empty, due to getting shoot down round 500psi or so..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntDragon
MutR - Yeah you're efficiency is off. That's how much you should get around, give or take 1-3 pods on a 68/45. You have to keep in mind that between 3000-4500, you wont get as many pods as between 1000-3000. Also, you start dropping off probably around 500 psi.

spartan013 - Give it time to break in. Also, once you get some good settings, you will see the famed efficiency. Oh yeah and chrono'ing wouldn't help either haha
ill try to do a better efficiancy test as soon as i have time. i'll edit my post when its done.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:22 PM #17
spartan013
Contract Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR.
ill try to do a better efficiancy test as soon as i have time. i'll edit my post when its done.
QFT

ill see how it does this weekend
Old 09-22-2006, 10:27 PM #18
Tyler379

I've played with my Legend two weekends now, so here is a review. First off though, I had an Empire B and a 45/45 Guerrilla Air Assault. I had a 12" Stiffi barrel on it. I was shooting Draxxus White Box Paint with a bag of 2 month old Evil paint the second week.

Weight and Size

I love holding this marker. It is light and compact and feels balanced in your hands. The finger grooves in the front make it feel even nicer. Definitely as light as my friends' Ego6s and smaller too.

Consistency

The first week the consistency wasn't the best, but the second week it was about + or - 5 fps.

Efficiency

The first week I couldn't get very good fills and could only estimate, so I will not put those numbers up. But, the second week I got a fill to 4,000 psi on my 45/45 tank and shot about 1,200 shots without filling up. When I did fill, I was at about 800. I don't know if the gun is fully broken in or not yet. My dwell was set at 8.

Performance

I love the trigger on this gun. It allows for very quick shooting. It is loud compared to my DMC but I would say no louder than an Ego6. I was also using a 12" barrel, which I think would make it louder than a longer barrel. There is very little kick; as long as you keep a good grip on the gun, you can shoot ropes of paint with near perfect accuracy. The trajectory of the balls did seem a little arced, but still no more than most other popular guns. I never had a problem with it: no leaks, eye problems, or chops other than when my barrel was loose and the ball hit that. My trigger pin did come out, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Overall Performance: 99%
Efficiency: 100%
Weight and Size: 100%
Construction: 95%
Cost: 100%

Final Grade: 98.8%
Old 09-24-2006, 01:25 PM #19
vanquish_v12

Quote:
I also noticed that it shoots more of an arched ball (like a dm/proto) instead of a flat ball (ego, cocker).
Quote:
The trajectory of the balls did seem a little arced, but still no more than most other popular guns
guys i'm pretty sure every gun will shoot with the same trajectory. if it appears to have a flatter or more arcing trajectory than other guns, it is only a perception, probably due to the way the marker feels (how much kick it has, balance, etc). but the paint itself is probably traveling with the same trajectory as any other gun, except a flatlined tippy or maybe Alien (if the "sweep bolt" really does work).

I'm enjoying these reviews, I'm very curious about how this gun performs since it is the first high-end FASOR and has all these efficiency claims. I think it could end up being a really pivotal marker if the high-end FASOR concept catches on (which may already be happening with the Fusion coming out soon as well). but please dont make claims about trajectory and such, its pretty much accepted to be a perception, and not an actual difference between guns.
"Originally posted by Darryl Hadfield: Don't be silly. God doesn't make crap."
Old 09-24-2006, 07:16 PM #20
BluntDragon
Chang Bang

Well i got my own legend today. Slapped my own cp reg on there cuz it was freshly lubed. 3.5 cool fill, 68/45 and i was getting about a Vlocity and 7 pods with around 1k to spare. This is fresh out the box, didn't touch settings or anything. All i did was change the reg to my own cp reg.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:35 PM #21
MutR.
Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquish_v12
guys i'm pretty sure every gun will shoot with the same trajectory. if it appears to have a flatter or more arcing trajectory than other guns, it is only a perception, probably due to the way the marker feels (how much kick it has, balance, etc). but the paint itself is probably traveling with the same trajectory as any other gun, except a flatlined tippy or maybe Alien (if the "sweep bolt" really does work).

I'm enjoying these reviews, I'm very curious about how this gun performs since it is the first high-end FASOR and has all these efficiency claims. I think it could end up being a really pivotal marker if the high-end FASOR concept catches on (which may already be happening with the Fusion coming out soon as well). but please dont make claims about trajectory and such, its pretty much accepted to be a perception, and not an actual difference between guns.
there actually is a difference in trajectory. the spool valve markers release air from the back of the bolt so air hits the painball evenly all around..thus giving it almost no spin on the ball. No spin means more air resistance, which means it drops off sooner. thus giving it the "arched" affect. ram/poppet markers release the air right at the bottom front of the bolt, thus giving the ball backspin...keeping it in flight longer. Instead of air pusing against the ball, the ball seems to kind of roll through the air with less resistance.