Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM #1
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
Welcome - This forum is for all types of Ref Discussion

Welcome to PbNation's Referees & Rules forum.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2008, 12:58 AM #2
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

has been a member for 10 years
woohoo!

My God.
DARQ
bigfatdanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM #3
BL Vice

Lets share some intresting stories while u were reffing! i got 1, i was the ref of a part of about 10, and this kid took his goggles off right after the game was over, the kid got hit right under the eye, im talking this close ( )

i almost got fired thanks to the little brat!
BL Vice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:10 AM #4
Russell - UK Ref

Hi Guys, is there any chance this can be split into a couple/few sub forums. That way we could have Sup-Air Tournament Refs, Woodsball Refs and Site Refs. And good advice appropriate to what you need could be found easier.

Thanks.

Russell

UK Refs founder member, visit the link and become a fan....... www.facebook.com/pages/UK-Refs/37168726805

Paintball Association UK event ultimate.
Russell - UK Ref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 AM #5
ionballer0321

Thumbs up

yay for refs
ionballer0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 AM #6
EthanK.
Orange Shirt #251

EthanK. owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
EthanK. supports Ninja Paintball
EthanK. is a Forum Captain
I've got one. There was a bachelor party that hit my field. Worst group I ever had. I had to eject 2 guys for the day for alcohol and another for taking his goggles off after he got shot. I tackled him to the ground to ensure his safety (and I'm not a small, light guy, 6'1", 260 lbs.). He complained to my boss and left ticked off. Once the day was over, my boss pulled me aside and said I did the right thing.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:54 PM #7
Imperial Ninja
Balls Away Paintball

Imperial Ninja supports Team VICIOUS
Imperial Ninja is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanK. View Post
I've got one. There was a bachelor party that hit my field. Worst group I ever had. I had to eject 2 guys for the day for alcohol and another for taking his goggles off after he got shot. I tackled him to the ground to ensure his safety (and I'm not a small, light guy, 6'1", 260 lbs.). He complained to my boss and left ticked off. Once the day was over, my boss pulled me aside and said I did the right thing.
WOW its a good thing your boss knew you were doing the right thing. I got a good one though. I was helping a newer ref out cause i had been playing for a while so he had me stay with the rentals. In the middle of a game while he was getting shot at a guy about 20-25 yrs old took his mask off and walked out of his bunker after being shot. he started to get shot at so i had to run in front of while yelling game over so no one shot him, and then i had to grab him and throw him on the ground and lay on top of him cause his retarted friends were still shooting at him. now running in front of him and blocking balls was hard cause he was really tal and im only 13 and i was probabley around 5'7" at the time. The only reason the owner of the field was slightly mad about was that i got a couple of stains on a brand new ref jersey but he said that for wat i did it was no big deal

98% percent of ballers wipe. And there all losers.
Imperial Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 PM #8
NickThePumpPlaya

NickThePumpPlaya supports Team VICIOUS
worst group iv ever had. bout year and 1/2 ago. one word that still to this day strikes fear into the souls of all us refs up at the memphis paintball park...FRASIER! frasier is a community that is basicly "the hood" where im from. 150 people came in one group all new so we basicly opened up the entire feild for a big scenario for them. there was no safe zone. in the safe areas people were shooting at eachother. and then i look to my left and see my co worker. with his mask off. what an idiot so we tell him to put his mask on. then i block a guy and tell him to put his mask on a split second later he got shot in the mask. needless to say they will not be allowed back into our park. then after the work was done we go next door to a gas station that has a mcdonalds in it. all 150 of them stopped there so we went to wendies the end.

EEYORE
NickThePumpPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:03 PM #9
steweystew#2

lol
steweystew#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 PM #10
elreed

elreed owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hhhhhhhhhhe4eeeeeeeyyyyyyy
elreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM #11
Geasslver
THE Nacho Libre

Geasslver plays in the PSP
Geasslver owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Geasslver owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Geasslver supports DLX Technology
Well my worst story might not be the worst that i have encountered, its the worst because it was on my FIRST DAY REFFING!! Ok so the very first game i ref was like the 4th rec game of the day so it was my very first game reffing so i go out and ref in the back of the course. So the game goes on and theirs only a couple of rentals in the back of the feild in this box bunker, so the owner is playing and he comes up and he sees the kid in the box. (The owner of the land is a nice guy never would harm anyone) (also its a rule on the rec feild to call safety and if the turn the gun u shoot em) so he walks up and points the gun and says safety! So the kid turns around and starts blasting rounds at him and the owner puts one shot in his chest. So i do what i was told to do yell player out!! But then one guy dressed in full camo w a tac vest somes over and starts yelling at the owner. I mean SCREAMING "AHAHA HES A KID AHAHAH" This kid was like 14 so u know he can handle it he wasnt even that close eiather but i'm standing their goin what do i do? I mean first game EVER refing and i have to deal with a fight. The guy w the camo is about to punch the owner so im like "Hey calm down man its just a game calm down" So then he all starts screaming at me "YOU SHOULD MARK HIS MOTHER &*^% WRIST BAND!!" So i said "Its fair game he pointed his gun back at him so he has the right to fire, and he only put one shot in his chest" At this point were all the way in the back of this huge wreck feild so i tell them we have to start heading in. So i stand inbetween them makeing shure nothing happens and then the kid is walkin besides me so the owner goes over and says "Im sorry that i shot you from so close" in a calm nice voice so the kid screams back "SHUT UP!!" So im like hey kid that was out of line. So i gave the kid and the guy from the camo a warning. So i didnt know that my boss was waching me the entire time. So as i got back to the refs little rest area he walks up to me and tells me how much of a good job i did. But it turns out that the kid was the son of the guy in the camo and a couple of months later i was assigned to ref a private group, and guess who it was, it was the camo guy and his kid with a bunch of other people. And the camo guy went over to my boss and requested another eff just because i didnt agree with him that day...i was glad i wasnt his personal reff.

Last edited by Geasslver : 07-25-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Geasslver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM #12
Nrf707

Nrf707 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
How old do you have to be to become a ref?
Nrf707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM #13
Pjzavo
Sergeant Stutter

For my fields we had to be 16yrs but I have heard of some places might ask you to be 18
Pjzavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:20 AM #14
RateLimit
Rec, Woods, Scenario, Pew

RateLimit is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
RateLimit owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
RateLimit has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RateLimit has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
RateLimit supports Ninja Paintball
I think that dude is at least 20 now.