PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-19-2008, 08:25 PM #1
wgpkid1
word

has been a member for 10 years
Ape Board(S)

Ok so me and my friend are playing in the MXL this year. The league uses 15 BPS ramping (Old PSP equivalent). We both are having the same problem with our guns. Ill explain what happens in a second.

I shoot a NXT shocker with a Rhythm Innovations Trigger. He shoots a SFT with a NDZ Trigger. We both have our Mechanical De -bounce and all that good stuff set so our guns don't fire when you hit them etc.

Now the problem:

When you engage the gun into ramping, it seems very choppy almost. It doesn't shoot a solid 15 BPS, it almost stutters (I know its not slow fingers, almost 10 people have used our guns trying to figure it out, some who play d1 psp). (Also, we know it is on the old PSP, because the board shows the psp color...green I think). On top of that, when PSP is engaged if you hold the triggers down, no matter how long you hold it, that first release even after 5 minute will be three shots. It doesn't do it any other time. Its not pull and release for any other ones, just when you are ramping and you hold the trigger that trigger pull stays. It doesn't shoot on the release either if thats what you think. Every other shot shoots on the pull back, but for some reason our guns are acting very funny.

Any idea's help? Would be awesome to get both guns working the way the old PSP is supposed to be ASAP

Edit: Since their site is down, does anyone have an contact information, I would like to contact them as well
Q U I T T IN G S A L E

Last edited by wgpkid1 : 01-19-2008 at 08:30 PM.
wgpkid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2008, 10:18 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Try support@goapeonline.com

Despite rebuilding their site, APE have been responding to technical enquiries via e-mail, so hopefully they will be able to help you out.

I've replicated your situation, and have to agree that if you hold the trigger down, for however long, the board does not reset to semi.

I've tried a couple of other boards (Tadao M7, Predator V10) and both reset after a second of inactivity - whether you are holding the trigger down or not.

Tried with another APE board - Raider Quest board - same situation; hold the trigger down after ramping, and it doesn't reset to semi.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:23 PM #3
wgpkid1
word

Ok so it sounds like the trigger issue is an ape board problem.

Now we just need to figure out the problems with it seeming to stutter
Q U I T T IN G S A L E
Old 01-21-2008, 03:59 PM #4
Uziel Gal

I wouldn't say that mine stuttered as such, though it isn't perfectly consistent.

I think that that is just a consequence of it being PSP burst mode rather than it being smooth ramping or fast ramping etc. The bursts are always going to be somewhat disjointed when compared to a ramping mode that more or less shoots full auto as long as you keep pulling and releasing the trigger at the required rate.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:16 PM #5
wgpkid1
word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I wouldn't say that mine stuttered as such, though it isn't perfectly consistent.

I think that that is just a consequence of it being PSP burst mode rather than it being smooth ramping or fast ramping etc. The bursts are always going to be somewhat disjointed when compared to a ramping mode that more or less shoots full auto as long as you keep pulling and releasing the trigger at the required rate.
To my knowledge PSP burst mode is the only PSP setting on the gun, correct? I know my old Etek with an 06 Frame and Board shot so smooth on PSP, never stuttered Etc, like this gun does
Q U I T T IN G S A L E
Old 01-22-2008, 09:26 AM #6
Uziel Gal

Oops, sorry if that response was confusing - I was actually referring to some other companies ramping modes that aren't based on bursts. Look at a Tadao board or a Predator board and you'll see 3 or 4 different PSP ramping modes listed, though only one is the true PSP ramping mode.

APE have just stuck with their interpretation of the true PSP mode.

Is it possible that the stuttering is being caused by something else? Tries a fresh battery? Different loader?

I heard that there was going to be a software update coming along at some point - I'm assuming it will add the two further modes that newer APE boards have, and possibly the quick start options. However, if this is an issue with the board itself, then it may resolve that as well. No idea on time scale for the firmware upgrade unfortunately.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 AM #7
wgpkid1
word

Yup new batteries, new halos, new velocities (w. gangstar) torques, pulses, many people shooting, all with that same stuttering effect.
Q U I T T IN G S A L E
Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 AM #8
Ghost Reaper

Hopefully you can get a hold of APE.. There pretty stand up guys on trying to fix or resolve any issues. How old are your boards?
Ghost Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 AM #9
Uziel Gal

As far as my own board is concerned, it was part of the original Shocker board pre-order, so mines from the first batch of Shocker boards that was made.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:09 PM #10
wgpkid1
word

I have no idea for mine. I bought mine in the shocker I bought from Rick Lawler... (I think he might be a seller of APE?)
Q U I T T IN G S A L E
Old 01-22-2008, 07:49 PM #11
wgpkid1
word

On a side note, will this board work in my SFT shocker?
Q U I T T IN G S A L E
Old 01-23-2008, 11:46 AM #12
Uziel Gal

Yes, you can switch it between break beam and reflective eye logic, so it is fine for SFT's, NXT's and Nerves.