Tacamo mk7p 8 23.53%
Others please list it down. 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2013, 09:32 PM #1
george919

george919 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
george919 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Tacamo mk7p vs Milsig paradigm pro vs Dye Dam

Currently I'm good on money to buy either one, just don't know which one to buy.
george919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2013, 02:55 AM #2
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

Milsig all the way awesome marker great customer support
Tecnophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:01 AM #3
george919

What gun from milsig do you recommend?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:56 AM #4
Psiworx

http://milsigdirect.com/shop/markers...radigm-pro-de/

Proconnect3
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 AM #5
george919

Is there a really big preformance difference between the mk3 pro and paradigm pro?
Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 PM #6
iconx_balla
evo11

has been a member for 10 years
The mk3 can't shoot first strike rounds and isn't compatible with Milsig's square head magazines for the paradigm which insert very nicely but they do cost $33 each. The Dye DAM's magazines have two stacks of 10 rounds so you can only shoot 10 balls continuously whereby with the mk3 and paradigm you can shoot 20 rounds continuously. The paradigm is too expensive for what it is so I'd recommend either the mk3 or wait for the Tiberius T15 (rumored to be $400).
iconx_balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:17 PM #7
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you're going straight magfed the MilSig is a nice marker. The continual feed 20 rounds is a nice plus. Honestly if you're going mag fed, get something that will fire First Strikes. If you haven't shot them, you're missing out.

If you're going to be playing regular paintball games in addition to mag fed games, the DAM is a better choice than the MilSig. Price difference with 4 10 round mags and 4 20 round mags between the DAM and Paradigm is just over $200. The DAM is a tourney level engine with the ability to switch between Mag Fed and hopper on the fly. The DAM can be configured in may ways which lets it go Mag Fed, scenario, rec, or speedball and do very well at any of them. Don't believe the people who say the DAM is too big or heavy for speedball, the shrouds and stock are removable and once removed, the gun weighs about 2.99 lbs with a 10 round mag (unloaded).

I wanted a flexable marker and the DAM fit the bill.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 PM #8
george919

What do you guys think of the scarab arms tgr2? There are no mag fed games in my area so I only woodsball however full auto is a bit too much so I usually play pump or pistol. Also paint is pretty overpriced and they don't sell first strikes.

Last edited by george919 : 08-04-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 PM #9
Robotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by george919 View Post
What do you guys think of the scarab arms tgr2? There are no mag fed games in my area so I only woodsball however full auto is a bit too much so I usually play pump or pistol. Also paint is pretty overpriced and they don't sell first strikes.
Not sure where you're at but if you're in the states check out hustlepaintball.com. They sell First Strike at $39.99 per box of 100. That's about the cheapest you'll find. Buy two boxes at a time and you get it with free shipping. Nice thing about First Strikes is they keep even better than regular paint so having that many on hand isn't a bad thing. In a pure woodsball environment, you can almost go without a hopper, run mags with First Strikes only, and have a blast especially if your game style is already pump/pistol type play. Imagine moving with that stealth but now engaging targets with confidence from 150-200 feet away.

For what you describe though, why are you looking at going with a mag fed? If you have no mag fed in your area and you don't want to use First Strikes, getting a mag fed marker seems unnessisary.

The biggest selling point of the DAM is it's transformability. (Is it any wonder why a guy with the callsign Robotech would be big on gun that can "transform"?) If all you're playing is woodsball with a hopper, there are other markers out there that will do the job for much less. The DAM is best for someone that plays a number of different types of games...like woodsball to scenario to speedball to rec ball to mag fed...and who wants the ability to be able to switch from normal paintballs (from a hopper) to First Strike rounds (from the magazine). If you're not doing those kinds of things, or want to do those kinds of things, it's probably a bit more gun than you want. I love my DAM, but am being honest about it here.

I haven't heard much about Scarab Arms so I'll let someone else answer that. However, you may also want to look into the RAP4 468. I have seen this gun personally, talked to owners, and have two teammates that run them. They work very well, break down like a real AR which makes maintenance real easy, and shoot very nice. Plus they can be mag or hopper fed, though you have to pick one or the other.

Last edited by Robotech : 08-04-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:22 AM #10
george919

There are some mag fed games in Vancouver but I want a mag fed mostly because I love the versatility, simultion, and conserving ammo. The thing with the rap 4 468 is that before, rap4 didn't build very high quality products so I'm sketchy about the brand.. Also my friend has a dye dam and I like it very much but the price is a little high and really I don't need that many features since I already have an ego 11

Last edited by george919 : 08-05-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 AM #11
Robotech

Quote:
There are some mag fed games in Vancouver but I want a mag fed mostly because I love the versatility, simultion, and conserving ammo. The thing with the rap 4 468 is that before, rap4 didn't build very high quality products so I'm sketchy about the brand.. Also my friend has a dye dam and I like it very much but the price is a little high and really I don't need that many features since I already have an ego 11
I feel the same way about RAP4...their reputation hurts them. This is definately a much higher quality gun than what they use to put out and I have yet to hear any negativity on it from the people who own it. Talk to those that own it and give it a consideration. If I was going straight mag fed, this is probably the gun I would wind up getting. If you get the one that takes D mags, you get 10 mags for $60. $6 per mag is pretty cheap.

I love my DAM too...it is a great gun and since it really is my only gun, the flexibility is great for me. Like I said, if you want to go from hopper to First Strike equipped mag, it's perfect.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:39 AM #12
vijil

The 468 is a massive step up for rap4 and I'm very impressed. The biggest issue is that unless you're great at counting shots and knowing exactly when your mag runs out, that 'click' shot where you find out it's time to change mag will decock the marker every time. Recocking every time you put a new mag in is not only annoying but also unrealistic from a milsim perspective.

Milsig don't have this issue, but then they have no anti chop and are falling behind a bit right now in terms of maintenance ease and features. So right now if you want a magfed that A: has anti chop and B: doesn't require constant recocking then you have only two real options. The DAM, or an MKP2 with lok bolt. I'm leaning towards an MKP because Dmags, and accessories, and airstock, and price.

--------

It's funny, in theory a marker could be made with working charging handle, bolt release, 3shot, auto, no dry firing etc... functionally identical to the real thing besides the insides.

BUT

It would have to be electro. Milsim companies don't seem to have realised the level of realism that a battery can add. There's no point whining about batteries being "unrealistic" - the internals are so different already that a battery makes no difference. What's important for realism especially in a military training sense is the combat muscle memory you develop, and that's what a battery allows us to get right that you simply can't otherwise. We're playing milsim paintball, not milsim mechanics. There are some things we can simulate and some things we can't. Noise, recoil, range and accuracy and mechanics we can't. Charging and bolt release and firing modes and combat drills are all things we *can*, but for some reason don't.

Last edited by vijil : 08-05-2013 at 06:34 AM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 AM #13
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

jeryzkid22 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I say mkp because I like mine!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 AM #14
george919

Does the mkp 2 have lok bolt integrated?? How's the reliability with the Mkp and how does it compare as a mag fed to the 468?

Last edited by george919 : 08-05-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:19 AM #15
vijil

As far as I know the lok bolt doesn't come with it - yet. Either way you can get one and add it later.

The main disadvantage with an MKP is that it's harder to tear apart for maintenance than a 468, but probably still easier than some since it's mostly pullpins rather than screws. The main advantage is not having to recock every ten seconds, and being able to use accessories like the official tippmann flatline barrel. Also, can go full auto or 3shot burst with an xboard - a 468 can't do that.

The phenom has a pretty good rep as a marker.

Last edited by vijil : 08-06-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 AM #16
george919

Which is a better marker then the 468 or the mkp 2 dmag?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:46 AM #17
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

jeryzkid22 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
I would wait for the T1000 it has a lot of features that are from the future.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 AM #18
george919

What is the t1000 ?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:13 AM #19
Slo poke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryzkid22 View Post
I would wait for the T1000 it has a lot of features that are from the future.
Quote:
What is the t1000 ?
Really?
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 AM #20
george919

Dam that's why, it's supposed to be worded which is the better marker, 468 or mkp2 dmag? Didn't realize the terminator reference because there was a paintball gun named the t1000 as a project gun.

Last edited by george919 : 08-07-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:24 PM #21
vijil

Like most things in paintball, there isn't necessarily a better or worse marker. In this case there are pros and cons to both. All the information is here, so make up your own mind.