PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-26-2002, 10:28 PM #1
hot~n~icy

has been a member for 10 years
Where are you most commonly shot?

Im pretty sure most of us have noticed that we are shot usually in around the same area when we get hit. Personally, I notice that if I play with the visor on my Proteus, im CONSTANTLY shot in it. I solved that by taking it off, and it reduced a lot of my eliminations over all, and especially in the gogs. Anywho, let us know where you guys most commonly are shot, and if anyone has advice on how to maybe adjust to help with it, let us know. And guys, can we try to keep this post flame free?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2002, 10:37 PM #2
Magowner

I always get shot in the neck and head.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:45 PM #3
hot~n~icy

When you shoot, do you stick your whole head out to see? If so, you can try only sticking half of it out, just far enough for one eye to see. On a hyperball feild you could look through the corregation, and on an airball feild you could push your head into the bunker, and do the half eye thing. If you already do this, or play woodsball, etc., i suggest popping back in a bit faster.
Old 06-26-2002, 10:49 PM #4
longball3

i get shot in the right leg and my hands
Old 06-26-2002, 10:57 PM #5
Team Hepatitis guy

my poor hands

my hands and on the very right or left side of my mask.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:09 PM #6
Hacker24

Damn u hotn icy i was just about to make this thread, but i couldnt remember till now. Oh, and i always get shot in the balls ..... always.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:35 PM #7
PBallCentral_Player

I usually get shot in the chest or arms, im a back guy so usually when i get shot out im gettin bunkered.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:45 PM #8
psycoward2443

Right leg and hands- Well, if youre right handed, you probably most commonly come out on your right side. That could mean that you dont play tight enough with your marker, or maybe when you snap shoot you step out or kinda slide instead of pivoting maybe? If your left handed and are shooting out the right, maybe youre just a bit sloppier because of the whole left hand right side stuff.

Hands and extreme left and right of the mask- Same shizzle with the hands. o.O cant help you on the extremes of the mask? Try to play tighter? lol, sorry i couldnt help that one.

Damn you hot~n~icy- Just another way of saying "I love you" In a non-homosexual way, of course. o.O

Bunkerd- Well damn... Try to watch both sides of your bunker and keep an eye on the whole field? I cant really come up for something with that. LoL, shoot em on the way to get you

Hope any of these help? Keep posting, Ill do what i can to help, and you guys can too
Old 06-26-2002, 11:46 PM #9
armyranger6six6

left arm- almost always haha
Old 06-26-2002, 11:46 PM #10
psycoward2443

Bleh... Damn teammates account... Its hot~n~icy, if you guys didnt know
Old 06-26-2002, 11:52 PM #11
hot~n~icy

Left arm- Is that when you shoot out the left, right, top, or no-matter-where-that-*****-is-doomed ?
Old 06-27-2002, 12:24 AM #12
TexasPaintball

hands
Old 06-27-2002, 12:34 AM #13
hot~n~icy

Im surprised no one has said hopper, although I personally havent had a hopper shot in over 3 months
Old 06-27-2002, 12:58 AM #14
Ov3rmind

Usually it's on my gun (hopper, feedneck, right below the freaking barrel). If not, it's probably my right leg.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:19 AM #15
JenJen07

my A*S .. as im walking off field..

most of the time im walking off field cause of a gun problem..but if not.. its a shot in the arm.. fun stuff
Old 06-27-2002, 09:30 AM #16
P8ntballingfool

Jen- hahaha

anyways

i always get hit in my gun or my mask...

the one time i got bunkered he got me in my pack too.

so yea, i never come home with any welts. sometimes i get hit off the break but they usually dont break.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:37 AM #17
Phro

I normally get gun/hopper hits, if it isnt there, my hands or arms.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:09 AM #18
bloodhawk

it depends on where i play. if i play back, like someone already said, I get hit all over(only if i'm bunkered). But if I try to play mid field I will prolly get hit off the brake or bunkered b/c my teamates are gay.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:23 AM #19
SecretAsianMan

Legs. Even if I'm just running I get hit in the legs. When I'm snapshooting I get hit in the leg. If I'm getting bunkered I get shot on the foot. If I'm walking off the field people bonusball me in the legs.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:24 AM #20
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
On the gun.

I can't remember the last time I was hit on my body or my mask actually. EVERY single hit is on my gun or my tank. It used to be my hopper, but I learned to tuck that in. It is kind of hard to tuck in your gun and still shoot though. I'm workin on it....
Old 06-27-2002, 10:37 AM #21
hot~n~icy

Gun/gun parts- Try resting your barrel in the hyperball gorregation. Its less to shoot at, and can actually steady your gun, possibly causing better grouping. On an airball feild, try pusing into the bunkers and manipulating them with your barrel.

In the butt- Take it as a compliment Just another way of saying "I love you" lol

Hopper- When you shoot, same advice as before. Manipulate your bunkers. AS for the hopper, try tilting your gun a bit when you shoot, that way its leaning into your bunker instead of straight up or out into the field further.

Bunkered- Same advice really. Make sure you watch everything at all points in the game, and try not to go into tunnel vision. I constantly have to tell our backs that theyre gonna get done if they dont look around. You need to seriously talk to your team if they let you get done without them trying to even help... o.O

Legs- When youre running, try not going as far off the break and not making those huge jumps mid game. IF youre getting hit there while snapshooting, and its not because they have a crazy angle, then youre not playing tight enough and might want to work on that. If you try all that, and still get shot in the legs, invest in some knee/shin pads

Gun- i used to get shot there all the time too. But I stopped most of it by playing tight (Heh, as tight as a 6' 5 285 lb mid can ) and manipulating bunkers. If youre just going to look and not shoot, leave your gun by yours side when you look out. Although I think its better to shoot every time you plan on popping out, Ive seen lots of pros and ams just looking out and calling of positions before they begin to play.