Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 AM #64
ALLCAPS (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
my tint on my windows is illegal. I've been pulled over once and was only given a warning. The lady cop that pulled me over told me that if I got pulled over by a state trooper they would make me scrape my tint off right then and there.

No one has bothered pulling me over since then, and i hope it remains that way because my car generally smells like pine sol
ALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 PM #65
Animal_Mother (Banned)

What county was this in?
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM #66
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpimp092 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrdCorPntballa View Post
The one man had a dog and as soon as those ****ers whine or anything they believe that gives them the right to search. I basically was ****ed anyway
If you don't have drugs, the dog most likely won't alert on your car. I say most likely because the dog does make mistakes, but it's rare. As per case law, if the dog alerts on the car, they have PC to search your vehicle.

Next time, tell them no. You're the one who butt-****ed yourself out of an hour of your time. You can tell them you no longer consent to search at any point and they legally have to stop searching your vehicle (if you gave them consent and they have no PC). Ask them if you're being detained and if you're free to leave.

In other words, lrn2civilrights

Last edited by paintballpimp092 : 11-14-2012 at 06:12 PM.
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 PM #67
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
EmpireEmperor owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpimp092 View Post

Next time, tell them no. You're the one who butt-****ed yourself out of an hour of your time.
Indeed. Many people seem to think they have to comply with absolutely everything a police officer asks of them or they will be arrested. That's not the case. You're allowed to exercise your rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS View Post
The lady cop
Was she hot? Did you volunteer to search her cavities?
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM #68
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS
my tint on my windows is illegal. I've been pulled over once and was only given a warning. The lady cop that pulled me over told me that if I got pulled over by a state trooper they would make me scrape my tint off right then and there.
State troopers will make you scrape it off. Happened when I had a corrola. I've got stopped by a few smokeys with my truck and they don't even say anything about them. I feel like they give pick ups a lot more leeway than cars.

A New York smokey got me doing 97 in a 55 and let me off with a warning along with following me 12 miles out of his way to the jobsite I was going to.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM #69
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpimp092 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireEmperor View Post
Indeed. Many people seem to think they have to comply with absolutely everything a police officer asks of them or they will be arrested. That's not the case. You're allowed to exercise your rights.
Exactly.

You can't really get mad at someone and say they're "violating your rights" when you chose not to exercise said rights, and (in most cases, not this one particularly) weren't even aware they existed.
paintballpimp092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 PM #70
stanknasty
just took a shower

stanknasty plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
God i would hate to have to peel mine off on the spot. However i have yet to be pulled over for tint or when i have been pulled over nothing has been said. On top of it my windshield is tinted.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM #71
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanknasty
God i would hate to have to peel mine off on the spot. However i have yet to be pulled over for tint or when i have been pulled over nothing has been said. On top of it my windshield is tinted.
It's not fun. And I'm surprised around here it's almost an automatic stop for a tinted windshield other than a couple inch strip at the top.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM #72
Upinsmoke21
Billy teh "Tank"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpimp092 View Post
If you don't have drugs, the dog most likely won't alert on your car. I say most likely because the dog does make mistakes, but it's rare. As per case law, if the dog alerts on the car, they have PC to search your vehicle.

Next time, tell them no. You're the one who butt-****ed yourself out of an hour of your time. You can tell them you no longer consent to search at any point and they legally have to stop searching your vehicle (if you gave them consent and they have no PC). Ask them if you're being detained and if you're free to leave.

In other words, lrn2civilrights
I like everything you posted. However, certain officers that have "their own" dog that they work with consistently do have signals that they can send the dog to "hit" on your vehicle. The dogs are most often trained in the German language as well.

As far as legal tints go, roll all of your windows down before the cop has the opportunity to have a close look at your car. Failure to roll your windows back up is not a crime... I know every can't roll their windows all the way down though.
Green GS Frostbite Bushy- AKA 2-Liter HPR with Medium locking extention, AKA SCM 2.0 LPR, 15* ASA, CCM Clamping No Rise, OTB 90* Trigger Frame, 2k4 Chaos Max Board, Vapor Valve, Modified Hammer and Ram Housing, Sir Stunna Lots wiring harness, 2 Piece Custom Products barrel

feedback
Upinsmoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM #73
stanknasty
just took a shower

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
It's not fun. And I'm surprised around here it's almost an automatic stop for a tinted windshield other than a couple inch strip at the top.
last time i was stopped in VA for a radar detector the officer didnt say anything about any of my tint....its on a black car so that helps a lil and i am pretty good about rolling the front windows down.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 PM #74
byarosh201

You do know tints on back windows is completely legal. It's front windows and windshield that are illegal.

Also I've never heard of a car where the front windows don't roll all the way down.

As for cops hassling on tints, I'd say it really depends what they stop you for to start. My friend got pulled over by local police that were doing random stops and giving warnings/tickets for infractions. He stopped us specifically for tints, and did an outside search from the windows for open containers. He gave us a warning and sent us on our way.

Being respectful and courteous usually helps a good amount as well. Talking in proper English and not slang helps as well. No matter how rude or douchey a cop is which is common if you're in the backwoods with out of state plates, be respectful they'll usually go easier on you.

Don't be a Yankee in the south and get tagged by a smokey. No remorse is given.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM #75
stanknasty
just took a shower

plays in the NXL
actually in the state of Maryland the back windows also have a limit on them..its 35% all around which is like nothing.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM #76
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Here in Wisconsin I've found that it helps to do a few things.

1) Speak regular English. Saying "Yo ni**a what yo problem wit ma car? It cause I'm black?" will not get you as far as saying "....Is there a problem officer?"

2) If you're polite you'll generally get off with minor to nonexistent complications, but if you're a dick the officer will do whatever it takes to piss you off. Trust me, down south in eastern Georgia/South Carolina, if an officer catches you with anything you're in for whatever they're capable of doing.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 AM #77
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Rice Lake is a different world compared to Whitewater. But yes, sometimes blowing the officer will get you out of a ticket or worse.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 AM #78
Ryan3773 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Rice Lake is a different world compared to Whitewater. But yes, sometimes blowing the officer will get you out of a ticket or worse.
. And swallowing
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 AM #79
HrdCorPntballa
Stud

HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
What county was this in?
Columbia. Right by the portage cloverleaf deal
Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM #80
HrdCorPntballa
Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upinsmoke21 View Post
I like everything you posted. However, certain officers that have "their own" dog that they work with consistently do have signals that they can send the dog to "hit" on your vehicle. The dogs are most often trained in the German language as well.

As far as legal tints go, roll all of your windows down before the cop has the opportunity to have a close look at your car. Failure to roll your windows back up is not a crime... I know every can't roll their windows all the way down though.
I usually would have my windows down but it was 27 degrees that day lmfao they'd probably pull me over to check my mental state hahaha
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM #81
HrdCorPntballa
Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Here in Wisconsin I've found that it helps to do a few things.

1) Speak regular English. Saying "Yo ni**a what yo problem wit ma car? It cause I'm black?" will not get you as far as saying "....Is there a problem officer?"

2) If you're polite you'll generally get off with minor to nonexistent complications, but if you're a dick the officer will do whatever it takes to piss you off. Trust me, down south in eastern Georgia/South Carolina, if an officer catches you with anything you're in for whatever they're capable of doing.
Lmfao thank you and I acted polite just as you said to. I was let off with a warning basically and never had to scrape my tint off.

Quote:
Sounds like I don't need to go to Rice Lake anytime soon lmao Where are you from Animal?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM #82
aresfiend
Recovering gun whore

aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aresfiend owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Heh... Here's the funny thing, my encounters were in Radisson (used to live there), Eau Claire, Hayward (Used to live there), and Waterford. So, while Rice Lake isn't Whitewater, Whitewater isn't the rest of the state.

Last edited by aresfiend : 11-15-2012 at 10:51 AM.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM #83
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
This is more than applicable:

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote