PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-10-2010, 04:35 PM #1
Ranar

has been a member for 10 years
Would you play an "old school" tourny?

I thought it would be sick to hold a tourny where your loader and gun had to be pre 2000 or pre 2000 technology.

So that would mean
-no force feeds (so basically gravity or VL2000)
-electro's would be limited to basically old shockers, imps (I think they came out in 2000...), old matrix's, pre 2k angels, AKA's electros, odler timmies, em1's, emags, and etrigger spyders...or any other 2000 or before electro I missed
-mechanical: autocockers, mags, spyders, tippmans
-would be really cool to see if there were any old supair fields around (the ones with the hoses between them) or just do it on hyperball fields

I just think it would be fun to do a tourny like that. Just kinda getting back to the roots of tourny paintball. I know I'd play that, and I'm sure plenty of other people would be down to play it.

LOL
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
Nor Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Ranar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM #2
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
That would be awesome.
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 PM #3
Ranar

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
That would be awesome.
you know will all the pump play gaining support this might be the next thing after it. A sort of "classic tourny" like how they race classic cars

LOL
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
Nor Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 PM #4
pb4evr13

or you could just come play OSC (old school challenge)
and use pumps like the real old school did
Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM #5
Ranar

yeah pump speedball is soooo much fun but I was thinking more of a classic semi play

LOL
Nor Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM #6
pb4evr13

the only problem i would see is getting markers for it
Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM #7
Ranar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4evr13 View Post
the only problem i would see is getting markers for it
well there are tons of people out there with cocker pumps, and plenty of pneumatics floating around...and soooo many spyders stashed away in closets. That and there is a super loyal user base of mag and cocker players out there who I'm sure would jump on something like this

LOL
Nor Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Old 03-10-2010, 07:15 PM #8
eos356
Eclipse Geo

eos356 helped look for balloons
eos356 is playing at Living Legends III
eos356 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranar View Post
well there are tons of people out there with cocker pumps, and plenty of pneumatics floating around...and soooo many spyders stashed away in closets. That and there is a super loyal user base of mag and cocker players out there who I'm sure would jump on something like this
Old School Imps still have a measurable following as well.
-Alex

Set up a game in the kitchen, that should be an environment she feels comfortable in."
eos356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:16 PM #9
Ranar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eos356 View Post
Old School Imps still have a measurable following as well.
-Alex
I always get sad when I remember I sold my old one

LOL
Nor Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM #10
wattles

always could send a pretty good string with the cocker... I think that people should have to wear sock hats and tiger stripe.
wattles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:53 PM #11
Ranar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattles View Post
always could send a pretty good string with the cocker... I think that people should have to wear sock hats and tiger stripe.
F*CK YEAH SOCK HATS .... that I got rid of mine also...sown into a headband

LOL
Nor Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 PM #12
JTBaller203

i would def play that.. if i had the gear
Old 03-12-2010, 07:09 PM #13
Enforcer1987

That would be cool. I still play and havent stoped playing speed ball and i picked on all the time becuase the only thing i have new is a jersey. I run with a imp and a classic Z serries timm oh and i still where my sock had also
Enforcer1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM #14
madskates

madskates donated to help Peyton Trent
madskates supports Team VICIOUS
in WV they are doing a old school tourney. They are using hyperball field. Semi only. You should look it up.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:52 PM #15
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
This would be awsoem. We were just talking about this the other day at our shop to. Lets do it!

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:31 PM #16
SpeedballTrix
SPARTAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I have 5 mechanical guns in my closet right now, including one all-stock and one zero-stock cocker.

Let's do it.

Cousins Tournament Series: Gone but not forgotten.

MacDev Droid and Cyborg. Destroyers of faces.
SpeedballTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:10 PM #17
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
foreverpsycotic supports DLX Technology
foreverpsycotic supports Ninja Paintball
Drat, no eblades.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:13 AM #18
NYDiesel

check out woodsballworldcup.com
NYDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM #19
Papa Smurf SNY

Papa Smurf SNY supports Bob Gurnsey
More on that, Diesel

When the first World Cup was organized 20 years ago, only 16 teams participated. Within 4 years, that number grew exponentially. By the time the Cup was played at Disney, over 440 teams participated and the event was one third the size of the Summer Olympics in player participation and events.

We talk about pushing the reset button, and we act on it. Please check out the rules on www.woodsballworldcup.com. They are virtually identical to the World Cup rules published for the first nine tournaments, plus many regional events and the early NPPL competitions. The only changes are in the addition of restricting markers to mechanical semis and pumps (as was the case back then), and the fact that this tournament is a "Bring Your Own Paint" event (the first ones were paint centered).

We are going back to Radio Zone Judging which has not been equalled. It was created and perfected by the Master Blasters and used throughout World Cups played from 1990 through 1999. At least six judges are required on a ten man playing field, posted so that they can see all action. They don't watch the player close to them. They watch the players attacking those players close to them. If they see a hit on one of those players, they radio the judges in those area who make the check. That way, no player is sure of which judges have them in their sights. Makes for very honest play.

We tried to make it economically affordable. The entry fee is $1,950.00, about half the cost of other major ten man events. That is for four double half prelininary games (count them as eight) and three days play. We made it even easier for scenario teams, in that those that play the Clone Army Scenario Game May 15 and 16 at the field, will have their entry fees from that game credited to the entry fees in the Woodsball World Cup. That's $1,950 for 10 players (usually 12 with that many preliminary games) for five days of play. Comes out to $39 a day entry for 10 players and $32.50 a day if 12 are on the team. I don't see how anybody can object to that pricing, especially given the fact that the WWC is bring your own paint.

Those of you old enough and lucky enough to have known and played with or against the legends of the 80's and 90's will get the chance again, because a number of them have indicated that they will be there. Bob Long, Captain of the old Ironment, winners of the 1991 World Cup, Renick Miller, Captain of the five time World Cup winners, Aftershock, Tom Cole, Captain of Bad Company and UPL founder and head. Jim Lively, Captain of the Tennessee Ridgerunners and founder and organizer of the Paintball Masters tournaments.

I can only speak for myself, but as one who played the third paintball game ever organized back in 1982, I can't wait.
Papa Smurf SNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 PM #20
alexpaintballer

alexpaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
alexpaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
that sounds pretty awsome
Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 PM #21
Cwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranar View Post
-electro's would be limited to basically old shockers, imps (I think they came out in 2000...), old matrix's, pre 2k angels, AKA's electros, odler timmies, em1's, emags, and etrigger spyders...or any other 2000 or before electro I missed
i think this would be a hella fun idea-- and for the "record" the imps are 2002,2003,2004 and the new 09 are the only ones i believe. nothing changed much from the 02-04 ones except regulators, boards, eyes... small upgrades like that.

and i dont think theres anything wrong with oldschool guns, i use a 2003 "classic" impulse and i love it! got new upgraded parts on it so it can preform well, but it sure is good for the $ and i get a lot of comments of people asking what it is and some going "woaahh! an impulse!"
Cwright is offline   Reply With Quote