PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-18-2014, 09:09 PM #1
c0nn0r
Reverand Dude

Best magfed marker company

I'm new to mag fed and I would like to know which manufacturer over the years has had the best record so I know which company to buy from. I did recently buy a T68 so I would also like to have some feedback on that. Thanks mag fed community
c0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2014, 01:21 AM #2
Shocker_Monkey
KCPP

Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey supports Ninja Paintball
Not sure about ScarabArms. But in general it seems that MilSig has a pretty solid reputation.

As for RAP4 (Makers of the T68) it seems to me that since bringing in Omar Macy, they are on the up swing as far as a company goes. I've heard a lot of horror stories about how terrible RAP4 was to deal with, but that seems to be all in the past now.

=======WISCONSIN NAVARONE=======
Shocker_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:23 AM #3
BoyBrizz
I one ball with my eNMEy

Depends on your price range. The MilSig M Series Elite is great. As is the dye dam and t68. GOG also has the gog g1 which shoots ropes but it's not magfed

"Originally posted by conscript37 it is one thing to paint check me and another to rape my leg while fondling my groin to see if I've been hit."
BoyBrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:39 AM #4
SharptheJack
Hit more when out.

SharptheJack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Milsig seems to be the most lauded in terms of quality, but as of right now, they're semi-auto only (until the M17 is released, that is). The markers are generally competitively priced, but the magazines are very pricy.

Dye has a good track record of mid to high-end speedball markers, and the DAM has had good reviews so far, and the only two complaints that I have are the lack of tank-in-stock (which they're supposedly working on), and the fact that there's no mechanical option. Basically, when your battery dies, your marker dies.

I don't have much experience with RAP4, but from what I've been told by a few people who use them at the local field, anything before the 468 is notoriously unreliable. As for their customer service, good luck. A friend of mine has been trying to purchase a Tacamo converted Phenom from them for over a month, and they're still dodging his calls despite the fact that he's trying to give them his money.

The only experience I've had with Tiberius has been playing with one of their T8.1 pistols, and while it worked well, the grip was so large that it became uncomfortable very quickly. I've read that the same is true for their 9.1 line, so unless you have very large hands, you should probably stay away from them. The T4.1 was pretty well received, but for the price you could get any MilSig, which seems like a better option.

I personally play with a Tippmann TiPX, and I'm a big fan of it. It's solid and reliable, and the only breaks I've had in it were from me being an idiot (like trying to do a tac reload while a ball was in the chamber, and crushing the ball inside the magwell). It is a pistol, but I've been looking into getting the MilSig FXR kit in order to properly utilize the range of first strike rounds.
SharptheJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:16 AM #5
c0nn0r
Reverand Dude

Thanks so much! I think I'll stick with the T68 for now, get a tpx for a sidearm and then upgrade to the milsig m series elite.
c0nn0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM #6
Docrob
Hybrid

Docrob owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Docrob plays in the APPA D4 division
Docrob supports Ninja Paintball
I owned Milsig, T68 gen 4 (Gone), Tried TGR MK1 and MK2

Milsig made amazing markers from the mk1 to mk3, even the para pro. Customer service is the best! Ether Doug brown (USA) or Evan Henshaw (Canada)

Rap4....... had alot of bad rep in the past from the gen6 down.... right now I dont know if I can buy there new markers. Customer service ...... cant really say its the best...

TGR played around with the marker... The only thing I dont like about the marker... you got to cock the leaver when airing the marker.
Docrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 PM #7
Raibead
FTP

Id say MILSIG is the best brand, from what ive heard and because i use one. They are tough and are very customization. id say go with milsig if your getting into mag fed.

The only other magfed markers ive used are the TiPX and Scarab Arms TGR2. As far as the TiPX goes, its nearly flawless, very good and i highly recommend it, even over the t8.1. The TGR2 is not a bad marker, ive used it before and it preforms well, and feels good too. It has its issues however, the main one for me was that you need to change out the spring to adjust velocity.

Not sure about RAP4, i've herd some good and some bad so i dont know what to tell you. maybe test one out before you go that route.

See if you can get someone to let you use their Milsig/TGR/TiPX/RAP4 ect. before you commit to one.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:21 PM #8
jesse813

dye vs milsig vs rap4?
jesse813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:55 PM #9
Psiworx

Proconnect3
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:03 PM #10
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
SharpTheJack pretty much nailed it.

I shoot with a Die DAM and love the gun. This is my first electro gun (never liked the idea of a battery going dead) but battery life for the marker seems to be really good. I am still using the first battery I put in it but have only played two two-day scenario games and about 6 one day games in that time (damn broken leg).

Good news is the stock that it comes with has a compartment that is big enough to carry a spare battery and you don't need any tools to access the battery compartment in the handle so I have a spare there if the one in the grip takes a dive.

Every MagFed gun out there now has it's pros and cons.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 PM #11
xtrajr

im a big fan of Tiberius. own their products, work great
xtrajr is offline   Reply With Quote