Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2013, 01:18 AM #22
alemondemon

It is pretty pricey, you weren't kidding.

I can't seem to find affordable gun case foam either. Perhaps you know of a trick or two?
alemondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 AM #23
nhoj_yelbom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemondemon View Post
It is pretty pricey, you weren't kidding.

I can't seem to find affordable gun case foam either. Perhaps you know of a trick or two?
http://www.casesbysource.com/category/foam

try local fabric stores or craft stores also
Empire Ball Bearing Trigger
A5-
Tech T Paddles, Aluminum Ratchet, Aluminum Piston, Tech T QEPH, Tech T ZKH, HE E Grip (custom software), Tech T Fang Trigger, Hammerhead Battle Stix Barrel, Dead On Power Tube, X7 Hopper
nhoj_yelbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 AM #24
alemondemon

Awesome recommendation! I wish I had your case :p
alemondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:55 PM #25
mattbrace
Dr. Isotope

My gun case I just got today. Amazon baby.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM #26
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
NJEmortal plays in the APPA D4 division
I figure if Tippmann can do it with the Tipx... Empire can with an Axe. They should come with a case.
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM #27
Math Test
Ballislife

Math Test plays in the PSP
Math Test supports Empire
I understand where you're coming from but I personally have no need for a case. I wrap mine up in a towel and throw it a in a backpack.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 PM #28
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
Etek LT's and even the Etha at $350 comes with a case

I'm able to buy a case, or even fab one if I wanted to. I just haven't had to in so long because 90% of the other guns I've bought, came with a case. Even more mind boggling than the Axe not coming with a case, is the G6R, but I'll save that for another time and another thread
With a g6r you pay for quality and the gun not the packaging. I know it's a old comment but still
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM #29
nhoj_yelbom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkerupwnd View Post
With a g6r you pay for quality and the gun not the packaging. I know it's a old comment but still
Spyder Flash comes with a case, so it must be better
A5-
Tech T Paddles, Aluminum Ratchet, Aluminum Piston, Tech T QEPH, Tech T ZKH, HE E Grip (custom software), Tech T Fang Trigger, Hammerhead Battle Stix Barrel, Dead On Power Tube, X7 Hopper
Old 02-15-2013, 03:20 AM #30
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoj_yelbom View Post
Spyder Flash comes with a case, so it must be better
What are you talking about...
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM #31
stanlo0420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerking_13 View Post
I dont think I've ever gotten a hard case or any case unless you spend $800 or more on a gun. I agree, though.
Invert minis V1 came with hardcase ($325)
GOG G1 came with a hard case ($250)
Planet eclipse Etha comes with hardcase ($325)
Old 02-15-2013, 09:05 AM #32
Blak Katalyst
CT Effect

Blak Katalyst has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blak Katalyst supports Empire
I have two PE gun bags and love them. Padded area for my axe, slots for the barrels with a cover, and a zippered compartment for tools and such all at a great price.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 AM #33
-raqh-

My comment isnt meant to bash or anything, but you also need to see the company/marketing point of view. You are right that it would be nice and alot of people complained when they switched the minis from hardshell cases to cardboard boxes but at some point i guess they figured it wouldnt really affect the sales and would keep the prices low and profit decent.

Who really use the case that comes with the gun?

From what i know, and i've been in the game for some time now and seen a lot of players over the years playing and working at different fields, maybe 1 or 2 people out of 10 that have guns that comes in case use it (and that generous numbers).

The companies arent stupid, if they know most people don't use something, its not a valid sale point and they probably wont lose any sale by not giving said case, why waist money/profit on it.

Plus alot of people that use cases prefer this one or that one (gatwrap, dye or eclipse gun case, redz gunbag) So those who want these often have their own preference, let em get what they want is probably what the company thinks.

And in the end, the cardboard box is not so soft that it will get destroyed that easy. You can always use this one if you really wanna carry your gun in a box. The only people i would see destroying the box over time is people who practice multiples times a week and these people dont carry their guns in boxes or cases, they just leave their setup complete all the time (like 99% of us do that so i guess the company feels the 1% isnt worth the hardshell case).

Last edited by -raqh- : 02-15-2013 at 10:19 AM.
-raqh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 PM #34
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
Nobody wants to carry a briefcase to the field. If people are buying axes/minis with no case, then why would they make them?

There lifetime warranty is probably one of the reasons they don't make them. They must be the only company that has it too. It can't be cheap to replace parts and fix guns for life.
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:03 PM #35
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkerupwnd View Post
Are you saying we're not paying for quality with an Empire product? I love my G6R's, but they should come with something to keep them in since you're spending $1000 on a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlo0420 View Post
Invert minis V1 came with hardcase ($325)
GOG G1 came with a hard case ($250)
Planet eclipse Etha comes with hardcase ($325)
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -raqh- View Post
My comment isnt meant to bash or anything, but you also need to see the company/marketing point of view. You are right that it would be nice and alot of people complained when they switched the minis from hardshell cases to cardboard boxes but at some point i guess they figured it wouldnt really affect the sales and would keep the prices low and profit decent.

Who really use the case that comes with the gun?

From what i know, and i've been in the game for some time now and seen a lot of players over the years playing and working at different fields, maybe 1 or 2 people out of 10 that have guns that comes in case use it (and that generous numbers).

The companies arent stupid, if they know most people don't use something, its not a valid sale point and they probably wont lose any sale by not giving said case, why waist money/profit on it.

Plus alot of people that use cases prefer this one or that one (gatwrap, dye or eclipse gun case, redz gunbag) So those who want these often have their own preference, let em get what they want is probably what the company thinks.

And in the end, the cardboard box is not so soft that it will get destroyed that easy. You can always use this one if you really wanna carry your gun in a box. The only people i would see destroying the box over time is people who practice multiples times a week and these people dont carry their guns in boxes or cases, they just leave their setup complete all the time (like 99% of us do that so i guess the company feels the 1% isnt worth the hardshell case).
You have solid points. I'm simply stating that the axe is a proven gun, as well as their high end at the moment. All other high-ends, come with a case. Victory comes in a gatwrap, ALL Planet Eclipse come in a case, macdev, luxe, vapor, EVEN A TIPX. I feel they already keep the cost low by providing a 1 piece 12" barrel that NO ONE uses.

Also, everyone I know keeps their gun in the case that came with their gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lightning- View Post
Nobody wants to carry a briefcase to the field. If people are buying axes/minis with no case, then why would they make them?

There lifetime warranty is probably one of the reasons they don't make them. They must be the only company that has it too. It can't be cheap to replace parts and fix guns for life.
Doesn't have to be a briefcase. Just something small I can throw in my gearbag. Currently using a 13" laptop case.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 PM #36
-Lightning-
Be the thunder

-Lightning- is playing at Living Legends VI
-Lightning- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
-Lightning- supports DLX Technology
1 thing the axe/mini comes with that almost no other guns do, lifetime warranty, which pretty much means you can use this gun your whole life.
-Lightning- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM #37
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lightning- View Post
1 thing the axe/mini comes with that almost no other guns do, lifetime warranty, which pretty much means you can use this gun your whole life.
Yeah, that's great and dandy. Doesn't have anything to do with WHY EMPIRE CAN'T PROVIDE A CASE TO KEEP THE AXE IN. Empire is an amazing company, quality stuff over the last few years in all aspects of paintball: Masks, Guns, PAINT, protection, pumps, barrel kits... Why isn't a gun case in there as well?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 PM #38
nhoj_yelbom

they need to offer a plastic hard case that is the same size as the box. use the original foam etc.
A5-
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 PM #39
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoj_yelbom View Post
they need to offer a plastic hard case that is the same size as the box. use the original foam etc.
Or just use the box it came in and be happy.. I don't think Empire will re-invent the wheel just because a few people want them, if that was the case, we would all have Nano feednecks, think about it.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 PM #40
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Or just use the box it came in and be happy.. I don't think Empire will re-invent the wheel just because a few people want them, if that was the case, we would all have Nano feednecks, think about it.
Including a case with the axe is hardly "reinventing the wheel." The thing that bothers me though, is that Empire used to make barrel cases, hopper cases, mask cases, even tank cases... Never thought to include a simple case with the Axe?

Hoping this changes with the release of the Vanquish.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:01 PM #41
Buster Hymen

Just did this one.......$29.95 at Cambodian Tire.

Buster Hymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 PM #42
krazykubes

krazykubes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I picked up a v1 used mini last year for 160. it needed s couple orings replaced, but came with the original hard case. I chose the older version instead of a newer one just for the hard case. and it shoots awesome. I totally factor in the swag to get my money worth.