Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM #1
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Which championship means the most to you?

I heard this discussion on SVP and Russillo today, and it's a pretty good one. Of all your teams, which one would you most want to see win a championship in their respective sport? Which one would you be the most emotionally invested in where a championship would mean the most.

------------------------------------

As for me, I'm still not sure yet. I'm a fan of the Yankees, Bills, Sabres, Pistons, and Notre Dame. I'm also a graduate of Notre Dame. I've attended big games for all these teams except the Pistons. I was at the snow game in Buffalo against the Dolphins in '03. I was at games 5 and 7 of the NHL Eastern conference finals in '06. I was at game 1 of the World Series in '00. I was at many ND games, and while most of the ones I was at didn't have national implications, they were still extremely emotional.

I guess if I had to give an immediate answer it would be the Yankees. Of course I would be ecstatic if any of my teams won a championship. It ultimately came down to the Yanks or ND though. As an alumnus and a longtime Irish fan I feel like I'm a part of the culture and the fanbase in a way that it would mean a lot to me if they won. But growing up, the Yankees were the first team that I followed, and baseball was the first sport that I got into. I remember the strike and being very excited when it came to an end. I remember Don Mattingly finally getting to play in the postseason, and I remember it coming to an end too soon against Seattle. I remember the years following that as glorious and amazing as a fan. Even after 2000, I've always been extremely invested in Yankees baseball. Game 7 of the '03 ALCS is still the best sports moment I've had the privilege to watch live. Consequentially, the ALCS collapse the following year was probably the worst sports moment I've had the privilege to watch live. 2009 was a nice revival, and the moment when Rivera shut the door to end it was the happiest I had been in a long time.

Anyways, those are my thoughts and memories; how about yours?
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM #2
memorex
I'm Suppish

has been a member for 10 years
memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Well since I live in MN, I would take a championship from any of our sports teams. The Twolves have never made it past the Western Conference Finals, I would love to see them get a ship, but highly unlikely when other basketball teams have their own all-star rosters.

Nobody really cares about the Twins to much. As long as the Twins win the Central Division, Twins fans are happy. We dont have the pitching to contend with others in the playoffs.

The MN Wild have a legitimate chance at winning the Stanley Cup this year. We got some HUGE free agent signings. So IF there is a NHL season this year, I will be watching fairly closely, because the Wild have the talent this year to get the cup!

Yeah it would be sweet if the Dallas Cowboys won a superbowl here again, but I am use to being let down by them season after season.

So the team that I would most likely want to win a title for their sport would have to be the MN wild. We have the talent this year. And MN state sport is hockey, so it would fit well to win the stanley cup. All the other sports are highly unlikely.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM #3
Uncle Blazer
Loose butthole

Leafs winning the Stanley Cup. It happened once in a dream.

Sucks having to cheer for toronto. Leafs - suck. Raps - Suck. Argos - suck. TFC - sucks. Jays - saw them win in 93 but they still suck. Too much to ask for one good team outta 5 sports? One that makes the playoffs!?!

Last edited by Uncle Blazer : 10-24-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Uncle Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM #4
$h@key J0nEZ
The South Will Rise Again

Hawks winning the NBA.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:57 PM #5
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Of all my teams, I'm the biggest hockey fan, so seeing the Wings do well and win Cups is awesome, and the most meaningful to me. However, I've already seen them win 4 just in my lifetime.

I'm a Michigan and Tigers fan next... It's always good to see both teams win, and Michigan is just now starting to come back around. The Tigers in the WS this week is huge and I've been keeping a close eye on them for the past 5 years, watching them improve from their last joke of a WS.

I really don't mind either way with the Lions. It's fun watching them win, and succeed, and Megatron is a beast, but they've just been bad for so long that it's nothing new to see them lose games. It just comes second nature.

Same thing with the Pistons (save 2004)...they've been **** ever since, and I couldn't give less ****s about the NBA. It was cool seeing LBJ get a ring though. I ****ing hate Clevelanders and their whiny *****ing.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Originally Posted by Fat Joe: I don't feel the need to constantly point out when Im right.

#12 Michigan football record: 10-3 - Citrus Bowl Champions
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM #6
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
1. Auburn football
2. Saints
3. Braves
Old 10-24-2012, 07:40 PM #7
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

As of right now, Washington Redskins winning the Super Bowl would be the best. Once there is a playoff, seeing the Hawkeyes win a football NC would take over. A 28th wrestling championship would be great, too, but we have so many already.

Everything else I really don't give a ****.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:48 PM #8
Mr.JimJims2.0
G.O.O.D

Mr.JimJims2.0 plays in the PSP
Mr.JimJims2.0 plays in the APPA D4 division
I would probably cry if the warrior's won it all. I've been rooting for these ****ers for so long

NCC!
Mr.JimJims2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 PM #9
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Football is the only sport i really really care about and get emotional over. I watch Hockey regularly and i would love for my team to win the cup, but i probably wouldnt care enough to go to the games or be really angry if they lost.

The rest of the sports, though i do have favorite teams, i really dont care about them much.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:38 PM #10
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

An Orioles world series win would be many orders of magnitude more awesome than another Giants SB win.

Hell, for me the Birds winning that WC game and making the playoffs for the first time in 15 years was as big as the G-men winning the SB.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 PM #11
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

I'm a born and bred NW guy and those are the teams I follow. So I'll probably never see a championship for any of my teams. I got part of one once when UW were "Co / Bull ****" National Champions with Miami. But thats as close as I'll ever get.

1. UW Husky Football
2. Mariners
3. Seahawks
4. Canucks
5. Blazers

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Beers78n9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 PM #12
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers78n9 View Post
I'm a born and bred NW guy and those are the teams I follow. So I'll probably never see a championship for any of my teams. I got part of one once when UW were "Co / Bull ****" National Champions with Miami. But thats as close as I'll ever get.

1. UW Husky Football
2. Mariners
3. Seahawks
4. Canucks
5. Blazers
You arent a Sounders fan? GTFO!

CONSPIRACY THEORIST EXTRAORDINAIRE
MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:36 AM #13
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

Soccer isnt a sport

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Beers78n9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 AM #14
Ninja Mouse
SUCH. MANY. SO. WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers78n9 View Post
Soccer isnt a sport
Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 PM #15
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u

Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Kansas basketball, far and away.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:10 PM #16
imhungry (Banned)

EASILY the Browns. i cant even imagine what cleveland would be like if we won a Superb Owl.

1. Browns
2. Buckeyes
3. Indians
4. Penguins
5. nuggets/cavs dont care much for pro bball
6. chargers
imhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 AM #17
coffdogg13

I would be ecstatic if the Vikings won a Superbowl. I've seen the Cardinals and Spurs win it but it is long overdue for the Vikes. Skol!
coffdogg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 AM #18
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥

I would be extremely happy if any of my teams got a championship win, save for the Marlins. I don't really care much for baseball, but I'd still be happy if they won.
Memphis Grizzlies (4-2, 2-1)♥
Nashville Predators (game the hell over)♥
Miami Dolphins (more game over)♥
iTzDoUgiE777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM #19
ShoopDaWhoop900

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ShoopDaWhoop900 plays in the APPA D5 division
ShoopDaWhoop900 supports DLX Technology
ShoopDaWhoop900 supports Ninja Paintball
The seahawks winning the superbowl or Florida state winning the BCS championship
ShoopDaWhoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:11 PM #20
Gene Chizik

Auburn football
Saints
Yankees
NBA is gay
Gene Chizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 PM #21
Pmoyer

1. Texas Rangers
2. Aggies