PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2013, 02:07 PM #148
Henchman

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballsuperstore View Post
we have used many different paintball guns over the 20 years we have been in the paintball field business. we like the tippmmans but there are easier faster and better gun out there. at least for field we actually use the spyders right now. they are cheaper and 10 times easier to take care of
Have you checked out the GOG Enmeys
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2013, 01:44 PM #149
capitolwon

Heck no Tippmans don't suck. They are the best rental guns money can....get. Customers can beat up on them and they keep running. Just like the 20 dollar JT masks. Would I buy one? Not unless its the Crossover. I was introduced to paintball by a buddy who had a BT4ERC...a Tippman.

Out the box my friend had 350 in it. I went more practical and got a Azodin blitz; long story short I have more gun and more money left over then he does. The $$$ I saved just got me a used Rail. Needless to say my buddy is jealous of my markers, and I think his suck. That said your x7 looks bad as.
capitolwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM #150
Migs

Woodsball

I had second thoughts on getting a tippmann (well I have one),but this thread confirmed that tippmann's are not that bad. Thaks.
Migs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:58 PM #151
Migs

Woodsball

I had second thoughts on getting a tippmann (well I have one),but this thread confirmed that tippmann's are not that bad. Thanks.
Migs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:58 PM #152
Ickey09

Ickey09 plays in the APPA D5 division
I haven't read through this thread at all.... But I truly hate tipmanns. Unless its the crossover. The only reliable tip is a 98. I have seen issues with everything else. I feel that tipmans kill first time players experiences. I'm lucky to never have owned one!

Even half the rentals you see don't work right....yes I understand there rentals and beat up,but I'm just saying. Give me a spyder before a tipmann.
Ickey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:06 PM #153
Henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickey09 View Post
I haven't read through this thread at all.... But I truly hate tipmanns. Unless its the crossover. The only reliable tip is a 98. I have seen issues with everything else. I feel that tipmans kill first time players experiences. I'm lucky to never have owned one!

Even half the rentals you see don't work right....yes I understand there rentals and beat up,but I'm just saying. Give me a spyder before a tipmann.
Nah. Gog Enmey. Rock solid, reliable, consistent, accurate, right out if the box.

I picked up a tiPx to play magfed games, and am pretty disappointed with it, because the velocity is all over the place. To the point where I actually find it hard to understand why tippmann would release a marker where the velocity swings from around 250 to 320 FPS.

I find that downright dangerous.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 AM #154
Ickey09

Ickey09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
Nah. Gog Enmey. Rock solid, reliable, consistent, accurate, right out if the box.

I picked up a tiPx to play magfed games, and am pretty disappointed with it, because the velocity is all over the place. To the point where I actually find it hard to understand why tippmann would release a marker where the velocity swings from around 250 to 320 FPS.

I find that downright dangerous.
That's been my view on all tippmans. They have a great name simply because of there life time servicing. In general there horrible, over priced simplistic design, with cheap parts. When I started playing I had a spyder,can't remember the name,but it was there cheapest model. Never had a problem with it, but every once in a while my friends couldn't play because of the tippman. Never cleaned that spyder, its sitting around here somewhere filthy.
Ickey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 AM #155
Henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
I had second thoughts on getting a tippmann (well I have one),but this thread confirmed that tippmann's are not that bad. Thaks.
Not that bad.

Why not get something that is actually great, and won't cost you a lot.
And will kill right out of the box, without a single mod.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:04 AM #156
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball

I do work with my TiPX (when it actually decides it likes the paint and doesn't break every ball...).
Noah

AutoCocker Builder
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:02 PM #157
OSinsOgre
It is O-Sins-Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie9195 View Post
I still have my A5, and it still works as good now as it did the day I bought it.

I would suggest the SP1. ANS is selling the brand new for $129.95. They are very solid and reliable.

Personally I would not buy a Phenom due to the ratchet in the Cyclone feeder. That is the weak link to both the A5 and the Phenom and is the only part to ever fail on my A5. It sucks when a $2.00 part takes you out of a game.
I have an A5 I bought in either end of 03 or beginning of 04 and the only thing I have had to replace was O-rings (twice) and the ball d tent. Never anything with the cyclone loader. every thing in the cyclone is original.

Oil was probably the problem with it. I have added oil once a year in the cyclone's rubbers as a just in case.

I think it may have been a fluke with your ratchet (that .05% flawed part) or you made a mode that did not go right.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:56 AM #158
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
If you guys are seeing fps fluctuations on your Tippmann A-5 or 98, you need to pro tune it...

Here is the kind of performance I get out of all my A5's and 98's. It is easy to do, and you can get the same thing if you do the things shown in the video.

It is always amusing to me when people slam on the A-5, as clearly they don't know how to set it up properly. I play year round including in some VERY cold weather, and most low end guns (like spyders) will just leak out their o-rings as soon as you air them up when it is below freezing.

Even the Tipx can't handle the cold very well, especially if you are running off the 12 grams as they start shooting liquid co2 into the gun and it freezes up. (as you can see in the following video on my first few shots of the game).

But, the A-5 is a beast in the cold, check it out and I am using my MonsterSpin barrel in this one, (a new style A-5 flatline with Apex 2 tip set at 4 clicks) I am running TOURNAMENT paint in half my hopper (all I had left) and then fresh marbalizer in the rest. I was shooting about 260fps and as you can see, my A-5 was KILLING it that day!

If you watch youtube paintball woodsball videos, you will see the vast majority of woodsballers use A-5's because they are lightweight, durable, and when properly dialed in, they shoot incredibly well. So you can PLAY instead of mess with your marker. I have 4 A-5's, and let new players borrow them when starting out, and I also have some 98's and they are so simple to dial in, that recommending markers with solenoids that go bad is just irresponsible in my opinion.

I've never seen a Tippmann A-5 or 98 where you couldn't fix it AT the field in under 5 minutes...

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:25 PM #159
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
If you watch youtube paintball woodsball videos, you will see the vast majority of woodsballers use A-5's because they are lightweight, durable, and when properly dialed in, they shoot incredibly well. So you can PLAY instead of mess with your marker. I have 4 A-5's, and let new players borrow them when starting out, and I also have some 98's and they are so simple to dial in, that recommending markers with solenoids that go bad is just irresponsible in my opinion.

I've never seen a Tippmann A-5 or 98 where you couldn't fix it AT the field in under 5 minutes...
I really maintain my markers religiously so it's rare any of them have major issues at the field. However, there's a reason why, even with my Dye DAM, I have a Tippmann A5 sitting in my gun bag. It's the Everything-Has-Gone-To-Crap-And-I-Just-Want-To-Play-Using-Something-I-KNOW-Will-Work gun.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:24 PM #160
Grapher400
Playground Savages

Grapher400 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Grapher400 supports Shocker RSX
Grapher400 supports Ninja Paintball
I say get a speedball gun and play woods ball with it. Get a azodin blitz or ZII and just play woods ball with it. get a 68/45 and a good ELECTRIC hopper and you'll be good lighter and smaller then a woods ball gun and a whole lot faster.
Options: azodin blitz, ZII, Empire axe or mini, dangerous power g4, g5, fusion FX, just look on ebay or even ansgear zephyr paintball too.
Grapher400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM #161
Alex_Olsen

E
Alex_Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM #162
Alex_Olsen

Sorry
G
Alex_Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 PM #163
Rodinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapher400 View Post
I say get a speedball gun and play woods ball with it. Get a azodin blitz or ZII and just play woods ball with it. get a 68/45 and a good ELECTRIC hopper and you'll be good lighter and smaller then a woods ball gun and a whole lot faster.
Options: azodin blitz, ZII, Empire axe or mini, dangerous power g4, g5, fusion FX, just look on ebay or even ansgear zephyr paintball too.
Completely agree with this. Especially with Fusions F7s are running for as dirt cheap as they are (even new), you might as well pick one of those up and run with it.

The 98s are tanks, though. Not bad markers by any means. And with the new mag-fed attachment they have, great intro marker for mag-fed and basic playing. But honestly, might as well rock an FX/G5 and you'll be set for awhile outside of mag-fed games.