PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2009, 03:18 AM #1
i_love_paintbal

has been a member for 10 years
MQ2 help

Ok so installed my MQ2 and I used an allen key to keep it from turing and after i cranked down the IVG I tried to pull the allen key out and it was cought. I remove it as carefully as posible. I decided to take the MQ2 out just to check it and when I oppend up the pilot and there was a black rubber disk and i could see where the allen key had pushed on the aluminum and on the metal plunger thing that the spring goes around.

the spot on the aluminum doesnt look like much and the spot on the metal plunger thing that the spring goes over is so so tiny i dont think it matters. what do you think and where did the rubber disk come from. Thanks
i_love_paintbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2009, 09:05 AM #2
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

First off theres no reason the allen wrench should get causght in the ivg if youre using the right size and not trying to crank it down. Second, theres really no reason to take the mQ2 apart like that unless you have a poblem. Internally you cant cause any damage to the part when instaling aside from shearing the wires. Its really hard to tell what your talking about w/o pictures or the proper names for the parts. Lastly, the little black disk goes on the plunger to seal off air (refer to the pic, it goes where that yellow disk is, not where the arrow is pointing).

Adrenaline-Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:47 AM #3
i_love_paintbal

ok sorry the allen key did not get stuck in the IVG it got stuck in the opening in the pilot. Where it says to put a second allen key to keep the pilot from turning. I opend my pilot up and my disk is black and it was never attached to the plunger. how should I put it back on.

and the marks I was talking about are on the inside of the pilot housing left of the little opening on the end. i will try to get pics but its so small i dont think you will be able to see it.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 AM #4
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

My stock disk is black as well. Just use some superglue or the like to put it back on.

I cant imagine any marks would cause a problem so unless you come up with a problem you cant fix with normal tuning i wouldnt worry about it.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 PM #5
i_love_paintbal

Ok. I'm just worried that I messed something up. I was really carefull when I put it in because I have herd of all the installs going south. I think it will be ok but idk I don't have air right now to test it.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:52 PM #6
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

mq@ installs are pretty straight forward. The original mq was the one that people had problems with. Aside from shearing wires that is.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:30 PM #7
i_love_paintbal

I contacted compulsive where I got it from because the disk was never attached in the first place. They had me contact mtx and said they would probably replace the pilot.

Last edited by i_love_paintbal : 05-18-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:55 PM #8
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

That just seems really overboard. You really shouldnt open up the whole thing to begin with as it will cause that disk to seat differently and make things leak. Like i said, glueing it in place like it normally would be is all you need to do.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:01 PM #9
i_love_paintbal

the only reason I oppend it up in the first place was I could see the disk under the plunger like in the wrong spot. It was laying in the bottom of the pilot housing. Also the inside of the pilot housing where the disk its up against has some marks on it its all ruffed up. the pilot it self also looks like it has been handeld alot for some reason.