Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2006, 10:32 AM #43
omen is mad evil

ya the electronics do look cheap, but it is 600 dollars cheaper than the PM7...
omen is mad evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2006, 11:27 AM #44
R3MY
MCMLXXXVII

R3MY is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydo View Post
Where can you find this hockey tape?
sports authority, dick's sporting, if you have a ice rink near you they usually have a hockey shop in or near it.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:40 PM #45
MachineHead155

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzy06 View Post
Eh....I like it....but a used older model gun would be better. It looks like a good buy for people just getting into the sport.
That's a pretty rediculous thing to say since 1.) you've probably never even seen the gun in real life. So how the hell do you know how it shoots? And 2.) $400 for the gun plus $200+ for the UL frame (not to mention a force feed hopper and a descent HP tank) is hardly for someone "just getting into the sport."

Please think before you make dumb posts like that again.
MachineHead155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 PM #46
R3MY
MCMLXXXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead155 View Post
That's a pretty rediculous thing to say since 1.) you've probably never even seen the gun in real life. So how the hell do you know how it shoots? And 2.) $400 for the gun plus $200+ for the UL frame (not to mention a force feed hopper and a descent HP tank) is hardly for someone "just getting into the sport."

Hmm.. let's think about that. Someone just getting into the sport payin $400 vs. $6-7-8-9-1000 (saves atleast 200 on just the gun) and you can spend that on an evo 3 and a 3k tank. So now you've got a gun, tank, and hopper for the same price as the minimum priced 'high-end' gun. For someone just getting in the sport and wanting the best but not for the price... it's a good thing. Also.. you don't NEED the UL frame. Plus, why would someone just gettign into the sport get one? They don't have anything to compare to.. so it's not like it's gunna make a HUGE difference.

so... 'please think before you make a dumb post like that again'.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:44 PM #47
MachineHead155

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3MY View Post
Hmm.. let's think about that. Someone just getting into the sport payin $400 vs. $6-7-8-9-1000 (saves atleast 200 on just the gun) and you can spend that on an evo 3 and a 3k tank. So now you've got a gun, tank, and hopper for the same price as the minimum priced 'high-end' gun. For someone just getting in the sport and wanting the best but not for the price... it's a good thing. Also.. you don't NEED the UL frame. Plus, why would someone just gettign into the sport get one? They don't have anything to compare to.. so it's not like it's gunna make a HUGE difference.

so... 'please think before you make a dumb post like that again'.
Who the hell in there right mind is going to spend $400 on a gun (plus the other necessities) when they're just starting out? You must have a lot of rich yuppies living in your town because, where I live, people won't spend any more than $150 tops (hopper and tank included) on their first gun.

And no **** you don't need an UL frame. If you took the time to read that other guys post, you'd realize that his comment was directed towards the picture of the PMR with UL. He's the one who claimed that a $600+ gun, such as that one, is for beginners.

The next time you decide to stick your nose in an argument between two other people, get the whole picture before you take sides.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:59 PM #48
lobes11

Thanks!!
lobes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:00 PM #49
noobkiller123

ehh, not a big fan of the frame... slap a UL on there and you have a beautry
noobkiller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:06 PM #50
R3MY
MCMLXXXVII

Quote:
Who the hell in there right mind is going to spend $400 on a gun (plus the other necessities) when they're just starting out? You must have a lot of rich yuppies living in your town because, where I live, people won't spend any more than $150 tops (hopper and tank included) on their first gun.

And no **** you don't need an UL frame. If you took the time to read that other guys post, you'd realize that his comment was directed towards the picture of the PMR with UL. He's the one who claimed that a $600+ gun, such as that one, is for beginners.

The next time you decide to stick your nose in an argument between two other people, get the whole picture before you take sides.
well i apologize for not reading the other guy's post. but i don't live a in a rich yuppie town. i work at a paintball store.. and people come in and by ions, tanks, hoppers, and barrels every day. Dropping $350-$500 on thier first gun. The ion ($200) is actually cheaper than alot of the other 'begginers guns'. Such as the egrip a5 ($300+), VS3 ($250), and the other electro spyders and tippmanns. So apparently alot of people aren't in thier right minds here. again i apologize for not taking the time to read the other post.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 PM #51
stutzy06

plays in the NXL
stutzy06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
stutzy06 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:

Who went to Cup? Oh yeah....me!

Who works at a paintball store that has Rails in stock? Oh...me again

Oh...if you havent figured out yet: Paintball is an expensive sport. And yet, I seem to be selling new marker setups to kids every week.

Get on my level
stutzy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:57 PM #52
SoCaL_RaStAmAn
Top Flight Security

SoCaL_RaStAmAn plays in the PSP
SoCaL_RaStAmAn plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

Oh...if you havent figured out yet: Paintball is an expensive sport. And yet, I seem to be selling new marker setups to kids every week.

Get on my level
You contributed nothing to this thread. You must be on the wrong "level."

FEEDBACK
SoCaL_RaStAmAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:00 AM #53
R3MY
MCMLXXXVII

well who ever is on whatever level, and who is ever is right or wrong.. can we get back on topic and not start a flame war? I started this thread to help... so people who can't get ahold of the PMR can see everything about the gun.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:01 AM #54
stutzy06

plays in the NXL
stutzy06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
stutzy06 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaL_RaStAmAn View Post
You contributed nothing to this thread. You must be on the wrong "level."
I fail to see anything to contribute to. Ask me a question and I would be glad to help. I stated my opinion on the matter a few posts up. Friends?

In my defense: He came talkin ****...it was self defense. Any jury would let me go.

edit* - I wonder if STD could work up another LPR to fit this

edit edit* - That was a really dumb comment *logs off*
stutzy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:06 AM #55
R3MY
MCMLXXXVII

with the way the rail bolt works.. it doesn't need an lpr. it kinda works like a shocker. but you can put an lpr on a shocker. so maybe they can rig one up like the evil lpr, an asa/lpr combo. hmm...
Old 11-18-2006, 01:17 AM #56
BionicSniper

i like the frame on my rail i see almost no reason to get a ul.

The only reason i would is so i could get the 3 screw grips
BionicSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:10 AM #57
MachineHead155

Quote:

Get on my level
I don't know that you actually went to the cup. I don't know that you actually work at a store. Hell, I don't know you. That doesn't matter. Just please don't go around stating that ANY Matrix is a beginners gun because that's not what the Rail is geared towards. It's geared towards people who want high performance but don't have $1000 to spend. Why? Because that's where a huge part of the market is, if not the majority. It's a business strategy that Smart Parts clearly stumbled on. SP is making an insane amount of money on the Ion and Proto wants in on it. Plain and simple.

And I don't really think I've been talking **** at all. I believe all of my points have been pretty legit.

But yeah I agree with R3MY. I'm going to shutup now before this thread turns into another piss contest.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:42 AM #58
lm66
fisticuffs will ensue

lm66 supports Cereal Killerz 2
lm66 plays in the APPA D4 division
virtue will have a board and lazer eyse and a board for the UL frame i think
lm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:30 PM #59
Ghost-Zero

hey, r3my, it looks like theres a huge color difference between the frame and body. Can you confirm this?
Ghost-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:48 PM #60
NoRtHCaRoLiNaBaLLa

The PMR will have my vote once they start coming stock with UL frames, or once alot of people start using UL frames. That frame looks really ugly, and it definately shows off its plasticness.
NoRtHCaRoLiNaBaLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:56 PM #61
TMS Wholesale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbGunSeller View Post
Totally worth it.

And with a UL frame...

this will out shoot any pm5 or dm4.. maybe a pm6.. heck get us a video now.

this gun will shoot out any gun with the right touches.
TMS Wholesale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:58 PM #62
TMS Wholesale

Quote:
I don't know that you actually went to the cup. I don't know that you actually work at a store. Hell, I don't know you. That doesn't matter. Just please don't go around stating that ANY Matrix is a beginners gun because that's not what the Rail is geared towards. It's geared towards people who want high performance but don't have $1000 to spend. Why? Because that's where a huge part of the market is, if not the majority. It's a business strategy that Smart Parts clearly stumbled on. SP is making an insane amount of money on the Ion and Proto wants in on it. Plain and simple.

And I don't really think I've been talking **** at all. I believe all of my points have been pretty legit.

But yeah I agree with R3MY. I'm going to shutup now before this thread turns into another piss contest.

please be my friend! you sir, are very smart. Your one of the few people that nows not to judge a gun by its price tag.

Oh yea, PMR Haterz can all die, please
Old 11-19-2006, 02:01 PM #63
TMS Wholesale

Quote:

First off, you dont have to spend $200 on a UL frame, it does come with a frame!!! you'll need a force feed hopper with almost anygun and a nitro-tank. This gun is geared toward speedballers so dont say that co2 and gravity feed hopper would be cheaper.