Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM #22
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

pump is for chumps but it is definitely cheaper.

=)

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/jt.inmanl
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 PM #23
splatthetick

I play pump cuz it's more FUN! cheaper is a bonus! The batteries are annoyed, by being gogged by us, and that's a bonus too! I have also gotten (2) T8's for even less paint!
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 PM #24
Falconpunch01

Falconpunch01 supports DLX Technology
I use my luxe and my kp equal. Some days I just use my kp and only use 500 balls for the day 5 hrs. It gives you a single shot to think how your going to move when you have semi's going after you.

Last edited by Falconpunch01 : 12-10-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Falconpunch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM #25
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
This is why it's cheaper:

At my field it's $10 for entry and air. That stays the same.
It's almost $100 for a case of paint. This is enough for a day for me and one other guy playing with my semi. So, split two-ways that's $60 overall.
When I play pump, in a day I usually go through 250 balls in a day max. That means for the same amount of money I spent playing semi one day, I can go two-three days pumping. It's an even bigger difference at my woodsball field, because I have to use my CO2 tanks, with $3-$4 refills.

Semi/Electro CAN be as cheap as pump, if you're good at controlling your trigger. However, pump USUALLY is cheaper.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 PM #26
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Dead Legends
How about this breakdown:
Entry 20, all day air 10 for semi=30 day, I play 4 times/month=120 on entry/air alone.
Paint 50/case (mid grade) x 4-6 cases----250 ave. (played semi last week with a stupidly fast ramp setting for a big game and blew through 2 cases in 1 day and I have superb trigger control when playing pump)

Grand total is 370/month, sometimes more, rarely less.

Pump entry 20, usually waive air fee (or get free store fill before playing) or have enough in tank for the day 80/month

Paint: top quality stuff worse case is 70/case, but only use a bag/day. Less bounces, more accurate, less shooting.
Pump total is 150/month.
Play stock class, and your total could be a bag/month, then you are down to about 80 for entry, 20 for 12 grams and 15 for paint, total cost 115, total saved is about 255.
U saved about 220-255 in 1 month, or enough to buy a used sniper or phantom with a decent barrel and maybe a tank.
r90t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 PM #27
serv-on

Pump is cheaper Enuff said!
serv-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:59 PM #28
polska156
pew pew

polska156 is playing at Living Legends VI
polska156 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
polska156 supports Team VICIOUS
with pump you use much less are, less paint, and this leads to less wear on you'r marker that needs less spare parts.
polska156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 AM #29
INK
Shootem in da head

plays in the NXL
INK plays in the APPA D5 division
I love how people start the type threads in hear then never return.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM #30
dannyboy768

This is like saying "how is my 2012 Honda Civic more gas efficient than my 68 Mustang? When I drive my Civic I drill a hole in the gas tank so all the fuel pours out, and I only get like 2 miles off a gallon, so clearly my mustang is more efficient".

Obviously pump isnt going to be cheaper if you use ****ty paint with semi and expensive paint with pump.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3996596
dannyboy768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 AM #31
Socalshocker

I don't even buy paint, I just pick up the ones the electros drop while loading and I'm good for weeks
Socalshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 AM #32
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bump_Pitch supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalshocker View Post
I don't even buy paint, I just pick up the ones the electros drop while loading and I'm good for weeks
Haha, you gotta love when people miss their loaders when trying to fill
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59 AM #33
Japy
Paragon 2014

Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
No cuz that's usually me I'm still not adjusted to empire pods :-\

Actually lately it's been opening the velcro and the whole pod dumps out. LOLZ!!

You can make electro's just as cheap as pump.. Just play with an 09 impulse with the board set to billy-ball mode... Only allowing 1 shot every 2 seconds. **** gets intense- cuz you can't even pump the gun to shoot faster if you need to!

I'm not really a pump player, as I've got equipment issues.. But typically playing with a slide cocker I go through about 500-1000 balls a day.. When I last played with a pump I ended up shooting 1000 balls thanks to trying to lane with auto trigger off the break..

I am becoming increasingly interested in trying out TRUE stock-class though with little 15 round tubes. THAT is the real way to play cheap... I don't wanna go through all the effort to change 12grams and refill tubes, so naturally I'll probably shoot like less than 100 balls a day.. A case of ultra evil will last me like all summer (playing 2-3 times a week)
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 AM #34
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bump_Pitch supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
No cuz that's usually me I'm still not adjusted to empire pods :-\

Actually lately it's been opening the velcro and the whole pod dumps out. LOLZ!!

You can make electro's just as cheap as pump.. Just play with an 09 impulse with the board set to billy-ball mode... Only allowing 1 shot every 2 seconds. **** gets intense- cuz you can't even pump the gun to shoot faster if you need to!

I'm not really a pump player, as I've got equipment issues.. But typically playing with a slide cocker I go through about 500-1000 balls a day.. When I last played with a pump I ended up shooting 1000 balls thanks to trying to lane with auto trigger off the break..

I am becoming increasingly interested in trying out TRUE stock-class though with little 15 round tubes. THAT is the real way to play cheap... I don't wanna go through all the effort to change 12grams and refill tubes, so naturally I'll probably shoot like less than 100 balls a day.. A case of ultra evil will last me like all summer (playing 2-3 times a week)
That's what I call ballin' on a budget
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 AM #35
CRAPGAME
PUMP REVOLUTION

I break out my 08' ghost on occasion , run with a 13 cu tank, run feed tubes, fun to mess around and having no weight to lug around is heaven. Plus having the stick barrel freak bored huge help with consistency , literally can do 250+ shots off a tank
CRAPGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:25 PM #36
Bloodmice

all my fields are FPO so Ive got myself down to 100 balls a day

depending on the field this can be $5 for the one i have a membership for or $20 and up for other fields, entry kills you too $10+ some places
Bloodmice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 PM #37
Pirhana1992

I can make a case of paint last a month if I play 4 times in a month. Instead of spending $200 for a month I'm only spending $50. I can take that other $150 I saved and save up and buy another CCM
Old 03-09-2013, 02:56 PM #38
trevor s (Banned)

trevor s supports DLX Technology
simple save on paint u can play on less then 300 shots to 500 shots a day
trevor s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:17 PM #39
SKI008

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by INK View Post
I love how people start the type threads in hear then never return.
Because they are usually trolls or they realize how stupid they are and don't post again out of shame.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM #40
autocockerfreak227

autocockerfreak227 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
autocockerfreak227 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbxdillon View Post
Simple not ramping equals less paint in the air and having to pump everytime gets tiring after a long open game
I just bought an electro after playing two years of nothing but pump and even on semi you waste at least a case or two.
autocockerfreak227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:54 PM #41
Hinjin

Hinjin is playing at Living Legends V
Hinjin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hinjin posts videos on PbNation
Hinjin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hinjin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Less paint = less money spent = money saved = more fun
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 AM #42
Sherbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocking Da Bird View Post
I don't quite understand how some people on here describe pump as being "cheaper" than regular rec play (please note I am not referring ANY of this to tournament play).

When I go out to play paintball with my buddies, I use this decent $33 paint that I get from my local store called Bombz (if you live in the SoCal area and buy from CCpaintball, you should know) and it's pretty decent paint tbh. It's pretty brittle, a few dimples here and there.

Since I use an Axe with that paint above, I get to use 2000 rounds for the whole day for $33. Not bad, but then people still say pump is cheaper.

Since you don't need as much rounds as a semi when playing pump, it would be smart to buy the best paint you could have at maybe 500-1000 rounds or 1-2 bags. I was looking around on ANS gear (I haven't bothered to check the price per bag at my local shop. Idk if they will even separate Marbilizers or Evils from their cases.) and 1 bag of Evil is $18. A half case is $35. How is that at all cheaper? It's the same thing as when I could play semi.

I'm sure some of you will just tell me to use paint that I will be able to play with at a better price, but I'd rather buy the best paint possible so I don't miss that shot with a pump marker. So how is pump play cheaper exactly?
If you can stay within a set budget, any approach you enjoy is the best way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocking Da Bird View Post
Also, is 500 rounds even enough for one day with pump play? I have pretty good trigger control when it comes to semi, but idk about pump. I usually have about 1-2 bags left at the end of the day. I haven't played because my pump is weird and I have to adjust it to my comfort level.
A VL200 should be enough for a day of play if you have a heavy-sprung paintgun