PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 PM #1261
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
All my buddies from school are going to Ranger School and handing out their mailing addresses.

Ideas?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2012, 11:10 PM #1262
rT159
BlackOps

24" double sided dildo.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 AM #1263
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
i turn 28 today
i'm going to find my bar and drink schooners all night long after thanksgiving dinner with family

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM #1264
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk

xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
250th MI
bleh Guard MI units...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTomis View Post
a more appropriate term for most MI units would be slightly overweight and on profile squirrel
Dont forget the "pt stud= automatic success" squirrel faction of MI units

Quote:
I should probably add a drinking problem to that MI squirrel as well
Quote:
I think you're just the drunk exception.
I used to think that was all rumors until our most recent soldier joined us...
re-enlist (check)
promotion (check)
late to work every week so far on Thursday morning due to what is believed to be Wasted Wednesday (check)
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 PM #1265
rT159
BlackOps

Sounds like I would be a super soldier in that unit.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:00 PM #1266
KingTomis

KingTomis supports our troops
The "best" soldier in my last company has never done intel work before. He was the star soldier we should all strive to be but he hated his job and sucked at it so his civilian bosses and warrant officer kicked him out of his section.
He spent all day doing correspondence courses, memorizing FM's and working out at the gym.

I was a ****bag because I was the best analyst in my company, ran my section, trained warrant officers, officers and civilians and was always on call for when **** hit the fan. Senior NCO's didnt like that I went to work to do my job instead of pushing a broom at motor pool.

The day I reenlisted my 1sgt told me to get my head out of my *** if I wanted to be anything in the army. The week prior I won an NSA award for being analyst of the year from my site and just got a coin from a general for briefing him on something on the spot with no prep.

It seems senior MI NCO's heads are so far up their own ***** they have no sense of reality.

Imagine being EOD and the ideal soldier to look up to doesn't know the difference between 60 or a 155 round, or an infantry squad leader that doesn't know how to call a 9 line. **** was retarded at my last unit.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:30 PM #1267
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
or an infantry squad leader that doesn't know how to call a 9 line
You'd be surprised how often this actually occurs. I know I can call one. I've even called for fire, even though shooting at a moving object a klick away with a triple7 is not very effective when you have no idea the actual distance. I have a new found respect for analyst, cause the job is not easy by any means. Having to piece together information in a timely, objective manner and trying to meet the needs of the customer probably isn't very easy.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:44 PM #1268
Paint Freak 98
Front Lean and Rest

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/garmi...d-crumb-trail/
Anyone here using a GPS watch?

Last edited by Paint Freak 98 : 10-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 PM #1269
rT159
BlackOps

Can't be any worse than a suunto...and it's cheaper.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 AM #1270
Jennifer Lopez

Did my first actual smoking today. Didnt really enjoy it but ive been lenient with the guy way too long. School of hard knox instructed by team leader j-lo is now in session for those not wanting to listen (free enrollment)

since im still in afghanistan with 5 dollars in my wallet, ill trade you a little afghani kid for 3 shirts, you pay shipping both ways

Last edited by Jennifer Lopez : 10-08-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 PM #1271
Jennifer Lopez

if your referring to the school part of my post I didnt think a dodgy was neccesary. Though if referring to the first, i dunno
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM #1272
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
I have a new found respect for analyst, cause the job is not easy by any means. Having to piece together information in a timely, objective manner and trying to meet the needs of the customer probably isn't very easy.
I don't, it's easy if you know what the **** is going on and what the consumer needs. The majority of the time, the analyst is limited only by his contextual knowledge of the picture on the ground..... Because he's not actually on the ground. I could give you a half hour brief on specific people, places, and events in my AO, with about one minute of prep to make sure I have grids and names correct.

.....although I've been listening to "No Easy Day" on my iPod (road tripping to CA), and I was really impressed with the descriptions of the agency's targeting intel on the UBL raid. Having done a few of those (both successful and non), that **** takes a while to build up.

Last edited by the other one : 10-08-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM #1273
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk

xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
The "best" soldier in my last company has never done intel work before. He was the star soldier we should all strive to be but he hated his job and sucked at it so his civilian bosses and warrant officer kicked him out of his section.
He spent all day doing correspondence courses, memorizing FM's and working out at the gym.

I was a ****bag because I was the best analyst in my company, ran my section, trained warrant officers, officers and civilians and was always on call for when **** hit the fan. Senior NCO's didnt like that I went to work to do my job instead of pushing a broom at motor pool.

The day I reenlisted my 1sgt told me to get my head out of my *** if I wanted to be anything in the army. The week prior I won an NSA award for being analyst of the year from my site and just got a coin from a general for briefing him on something on the spot with no prep.

It seems senior MI NCO's heads are so far up their own ***** they have no sense of reality.

Imagine being EOD and the ideal soldier to look up to doesn't know the difference between 60 or a 155 round, or an infantry squad leader that doesn't know how to call a 9 line. **** was retarded at my last unit.
Eh its like that is seems throughout the community..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
I don't, it's easy if you know what the **** is going on and what the consumer needs. The majority of the time, the analyst is limited only by his contextual knowledge of the picture on the ground..... Because he's not actually on the ground. I could give you a half hour brief on specific people, places, and events in my AO, with about one minute of prep to make sure I have grids and names correct.

.....although I've been listening to "No Easy Day" on my iPod (road tripping to CA), and I was really impressed with the descriptions of the agency's targeting intel on the UBL raid. Having done a few of those (both successful and non), that **** takes a while to build up.
Eh... its easy to teach someone how to rattle off names, locations, and what different tactics are used in different areas. That half hour brief you say you could give wouldnt change a damn thing on the battlefield. Its all historical what people were important, what places were of significance, what events occurred. As an analyst your job is to go out on the limb and make essentially an educated guess as to what will happen next so the commanders can shape their decisions. In our game being wrong usually means you become the motor pool *****. In intel your word is all you got because once one of us is wrong it discredits the whole shop...

Think of it this way... if some analyst says "hey sir they are at grid X". What will likely happen is some infantry patrol is going to walk exactly to grid X look around them and if they dont see **** go home. So next time that analyst says anything that commander is just gonna ignore it... by no means does it make that job harder or easier than any other its just a different context and a different requirement. An infantry cats job in my opinion is harder because naturally you are more exposed to the battle however, our job has constraints and things that make it tough as well. Noone in the army has an easy day.. (except for maybe the fuelers)

Last edited by xFSUxlaxflip : 10-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM #1274
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post

I was more or less referring to the agency rather than the military side of things. I assume that when it comes to military intel, the leaders are just like those in any other faucet of the military, ****ing retarded. I'm sure the agencies aren't without there own troubles, but that's what they live to do and from where I'm sitting, they have the groups and the money to do bigger and better things in more dangerous areas.

I mean, a private handing out a product to someone a little higher up, like the BDE CDR about a low level taliban official doesn't really compare to the PDB that might have a report about curveball. And from what I know about that so far in my class, they really did **** that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Lopez View Post
if your referring to the school part of my post I didnt think a dodgy was neccesary. Though if referring to the first, i dunno
I replied before you edited in the 2nd part. I'd take one of those big ****ing dogs though...send me a puppy that will grow to the size of a bear.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 PM #1275
Peter Man's Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Y2K View Post
i turn 28 today
i'm going to find my bar and drink schooners all night long after thanksgiving dinner with family
Happy belated. I'm moving to Edmonton, we can no longer be brigade buddies

Welcome to The National
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM #1276
Deadly Milkman 2.0

Quote:
Are you forserious?

Yeah
Old 10-08-2012, 10:46 PM #1277
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSUxlaxflip View Post
long post.
Bro.... if I converted my MOS to Army, it'd be both "tree fife Michael" and "Lima bean".

Last edited by the other one : 10-08-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM #1278
rT159
BlackOps

That's cute. Will you?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 PM #1279
Deadly Milkman 2.0

Quote:
That's cute. Will you?
Army service # Im srs need help
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM #1280
rT159
BlackOps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milkman 2.0 View Post
Army service # Im srs need help
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_mi...service_number

Kick yourself in the dick.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM #1281
Deadly Milkman 2.0

Then why the **** was the investigator who's interviewing me for my clearance ask me what my # was and to find out what it was.. we both know my social but he didn't explain that ****
Closed Thread