Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 AM #1
pbman92

Reffing

MAPL get better reffing, or enforce reffing for that matter.
pbman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM #2
pbman92

I agree with you. lets be honest the event 2 reffing blew. there were a couple times that penalties should have been called but were not. the reffing was like being at a team practice and you're looking to the side line like , "am I hit yes... no... yes?".. I had a few reffs that (what seemed to look like) were too afraid to come into the bunker to give me a paint check. all I have to say is the reffing needs to be stepped up a notch BS reffing makes playing dreadful.
pbman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:08 AM #3
xmc1146

has been a member for 10 years
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 supports Ninja Paintball
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
it was said the the new comers at the captain team meeting that refs will not come and check you if you ask for paint check. if you got hit and and know you got hit and played on, you will get a flag. i thought they did a good job on giving flag to spinners and i thought as well they did a good job making sure people that hit first was out and the other guy can play on. i personnaly think that 95% of their call that game were accurate and did what they were suppose to do. yes there were bull**** scenario where i shot the guy trying to run down my teammate way before he made to the 50 snake D and the ref didnt call a 1 for 1. but i also understand that noone is perfect and moving on is the best move for our team. complaining doesnt win games, making field planning adjustments do.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:15 AM #4
xmc1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
What field were you on? And I'm not saying we lost every game due to bad calls, but the reffing on Field 1 was way under par compared to what it usually is. That's the whole point of this. Not blaming the refs for losing or anything.
we were on field two. but moved to field one on the finals. i did watched a couple of games on field one thoug.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 AM #5
CraKshoT
SooKy

CraKshoT is a founding member
 plays in the NXL
CraKshoT plays in the APPA D3 division
CraKshoT supports DLX Technology
Reffing this year has'nt been very good compared to the past. I had the same thing happen field 2 d-side, a guy missed bunkering me and I shoot him in the back.. He points and says he hit me, that should've been a 1 for 1.

Another point, I clearly shoot d3 in the face first and he clips me in the shoulder. I was told to get out and they let him stay in? After the game I talked to the ref and said we traded, BUT they let him stay in! Obviously they have no idea whats going on.
CraKshoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:16 PM #6
xmc1146

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraKshoT View Post
Reffing this year has'nt been very good compared to the past. I had the same thing happen field 2 d-side, a guy missed bunkering me and I shoot him in the back.. He points and says he hit me, that should've been a 1 for 1.

Another point, I clearly shoot d3 in the face first and he clips me in the shoulder. I was told to get out and they let him stay in? After the game I talked to the ref and said we traded, BUT they let him stay in! Obviously they have no idea whats going on.
haha, i think i witness that. happen to my teammate at Snake 50 D as well. he was about to get bunkered but i clearly shot the guy before he made it to my teammates bunker and he kept on rollin to shoot me. so the ref took my teammate and me out with him.

there were a ref there at 50 snake joyfully throw flags left and right and it that moment when i needed him, he had a blank stare like he was day dreamming.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:32 PM #7
MAPLSeries
www.MAPLSERIES.com

Guys, I appreciate the feedback. Know that I have been monitoring the boards and that all of this has been taken to heart. The MAPL is a players' league and your voices will always be heard. Changes are coming to the ref staff. You will see these changes take effect at the Star Spangled Open in July.

Just for future reference, please don't ever hesitate to approach me at an event if there are issues that need attention. I'd much rather be proactive at the event rather than reactive after its all said and done. You can't miss me, I'm the big guy in the boonie hat.

Larry Motes
MAPL

Mid Atlantic Paintball Series
WWW.MAPLSERIES.COM

**The Best Tournament Series in the Mid-Atlantic**
MAPLSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 PM #8
MAPLSeries
www.MAPLSERIES.com

I can appreciate that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Glad to hear it Larry Reason why I didn't approach anyone at the events about it is because I felt like if I did, that I would just be someone who is complaining and whining. So I just sort of shrugged it off, and wanted to make the best of it. Just play my game.
but if there's an issue, I want to know about it so that it can be addressed. To me, that's being a part of the solution. Going away and feeling mad and short-changed and then not saying anything at all, to me, that's a big part of the problem. The last thing I want is for anyone to leave upset. I won't promise that I can make all wrongs right, but I will do everything I can to make sure your grievances are heard and are given their due diligence.

We can build this league to be everything that everyone wants it to be, but if there's something that's broken, I need to know so I can get it fixed. I'm counting on you, the players, to help me out there.

Larry

WWW.MAPLSERIES.COM

Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 PM #9
mdskillz17

plays in the NXL
mdskillz17 plays in the APPA D4 division
yeah approach the man at the field, to have him stand behind his refs 100% and not even hear you out. the reffing was HORRIBLE! they called a 3 for 1 on us in the finals! bc he said he saw a ball break and the player played on, but there as NO PAINT on this player. even if you supposedly saw a ball break and were going to call some BS penalty, a 3 for 1!?!?!. this reffing was absolutely awful. i had all different teams come up to me and my teamates and tell us how bad we were getting screwed by the refs. as soon as you try and argue a call or tell them they messed something up thats it, your black balled for the day because them ref's start blowing there chest up screwing you for the rest of the games. this guy says approach him or the refs at the field, HAAA, probably the worse thing you can do. best thin to do is bend over and let refs have there way with you, other wise they will check you, pull you, and throw flags for NOTHING for the rest of the day. GPL/MAPL used to be the best league around with great and consistent reffing. now its a joke! there was one ref pulling us for a penaty then after the game another ref would come over and tell him he was wrong and it was a bad call. your refs dont even have a clue what they are doing.
mdskillz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM #10
Eurlin

Eurlin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Eurlin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Eurlin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought the refs did a decent job, Few friends and I came to spectate the tourney, and we yes saw some hits and missed calls, but overall the refs didn't do a bad job. I did see a ref bull****ting with someone in the stands instead of watching the game, but luckily the game was almost over and we caught no penalties or hits the other refs missed.

I didn't see the finals, but I caught most other games. They did fairly well on the bunker calls. They didn't check many players and would only look from one side, but I think there is a rule in the book that says they won't check you unless you can't get a hold of another player on your team, which was almost always possible. I personally agree with that rule too because you can't keep calling a ref to check you as it can cause them to miss other hits as well. so when they pull a flag it's pretty legit in my mind.

Honestly all in all I think the refs are MUCH better than some I've seen in other tournaments. Could they have been more attentive? yes, but players could also be more honest, and more attentive to their own hits. Blaming a ref for a bad game is the last one you blame. It's up to the players first to be as honest as possible for the love of the game.
Eurlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 PM #11
MAPLSeries
www.MAPLSERIES.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdskillz17 View Post
yeah approach the man at the field, to have him stand behind his refs 100% and not even hear you out. the reffing was HORRIBLE! they called a 3 for 1 on us in the finals! bc he said he saw a ball break and the player played on, but there as NO PAINT on this player. even if you supposedly saw a ball break and were going to call some BS penalty, a 3 for 1!?!?!. this reffing was absolutely awful. i had all different teams come up to me and my teamates and tell us how bad we were getting screwed by the refs. as soon as you try and argue a call or tell them they messed something up thats it, your black balled for the day because them ref's start blowing there chest up screwing you for the rest of the games. this guy says approach him or the refs at the field, HAAA, probably the worse thing you can do. best thin to do is bend over and let refs have there way with you, other wise they will check you, pull you, and throw flags for NOTHING for the rest of the day. GPL/MAPL used to be the best league around with great and consistent reffing. now its a joke! there was one ref pulling us for a penaty then after the game another ref would come over and tell him he was wrong and it was a bad call. your refs dont even have a clue what they are doing.
Hey man, not trying to argue with you, but whomever you might have talked to at the event, it definitely wasn't me. This is absolutely the first I've heard of anything from your team. Keep in mind, I'm not a ref.

Larry

WWW.MAPLSERIES.COM

Old 06-13-2013, 10:24 AM #12
Johnnymac631

Johnnymac631 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Johnnymac631 is an NCPA player
The mapl , will maintain and continue to deliver great events . Most of the refs were pro refs from psp minus the rampage guys who had practice that weekend.

I look forward to judging the next event should the league see it fit for the rampage refs to do so .

Again - all tournaments have ups and downs but I can assure you the legitimacy and accuracy of reffing has not lost its integrity and will continue to be a top regional series.

Stack

PLANET ECLIPSE

631 Forever
East Coast Paintball Player
Johnnymac631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 PM #13
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER
Pbrefconnect

MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mapl should keep Leon.
UPSTATE HATE
CONTRACT REF FOR HIRE
'16 Reffing: NXL PRO, CFOA , NCPA, internationally and more.
*need a PRO referee for your local tournament? PM me.
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:36 AM #14
grback
PBA stats

grback owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPLSeries View Post
You can't miss me, I'm the big 400lb 6'5 guy in the boonie hat.

Larry Motes
MAPL
FIXED I think you left out a few details
grback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 AM #15
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER
Pbrefconnect

MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i <3 B
gonna kick his a.. in chitown tho
UPSTATE HATE
CONTRACT REF FOR HIRE
'16 Reffing: NXL PRO, CFOA , NCPA, internationally and more.
*need a PRO referee for your local tournament? PM me.
MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:48 PM #16
MAPLSeries
www.MAPLSERIES.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSSYGHILLIEDSNIPER View Post
i <3 B
gonna kick his a.. in chitown tho
Hit him with a stone cold stunner for me while you're at it!

L

WWW.MAPLSERIES.COM

Old 07-01-2013, 05:39 AM #17
bino

Wow this is what I get for coming on this forum you guys are so quick to bash my refs or to talk **** behind a computer screen or be a big online tough guys smh grow a pair. Oh yeah I'm Carlo just so everyone know who I am and I'm never scared to voice my opinion. I'm glad to never return to ref there because obviously you guys need your refs to hold your hand because thats what you been taught. well guess what thats not paintball thats not how my refs work where here to do a job thats it. It's not are job to teach you the rules. That's YOUR job to read them and understand them. I can't wait to see when you guys get into the big boy league if you ever let me know how that works out for you let me know how the refs treat you there or care for your *****ing like the mapl does. Because the psp is ruthless and that's how Pb is. how about you guys learn to play better or cheat better or read the rules because 80% of you don't know them or think you do and really don't. Just think we have to tone are ref skills down for you people because that's what the mapl wants because they are scared that you won't come back because we are to strict. Bet y'all didn't know that. At end of the day not one of my refs care who wins or loose or if you cheated and got away with it or you yelled on the field at a ref so you think where gonna treat you different guess what no one cares and none of us even rember half the time who you are or care who you are we are here to do a job and that's it. If it was up to me I ref you guys like the pros and drop the hammer on you all and then you guys would have something real to ***** about because we let you guys get away with allot of bull**** just so we don't have to deal with the headaches. I hope the mapl brings in whole bunch of new refs and they do better for you guys or hold your hand like you guys need in this league

I love how the mapl preaches customer service this and that so much but not one of them stands up for any of there people there that works there when they are being trashed or talk about. then they wonder why not one helper is the same from last year or ever. except nancy because they are all treated poorly and felt like no one had there back
Old 07-01-2013, 07:26 AM #18
spallstars08ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by bino View Post
Wow this is what I get for coming on this forum you guys are so quick to bash my refs or to talk **** behind a computer screen or be a big online tough guys smh grow a pair. Oh yeah I'm Carlo just so everyone know who I am and I'm never scared to voice my opinion. I'm glad to never return to ref there because obviously you guys need your refs to hold your hand because thats what you been taught. well guess what thats not paintball thats not how my refs work where here to do a job thats it. It's not are job to teach you the rules. That's YOUR job to read them and understand them. I can't wait to see when you guys get into the big boy league if you ever let me know how that works out for you let me know how the refs treat you there or care for your *****ing like the mapl does. Because the psp is ruthless and that's how Pb is. how about you guys learn to play better or cheat better or read the rules because 80% of you don't know them or think you do and really don't. Just think we have to tone are ref skills down for you people because that's what the mapl wants because they are scared that you won't come back because we are to strict. Bet y'all didn't know that. At end of the day not one of my refs care who wins or loose or if you cheated and got away with it or you yelled on the field at a ref so you think where gonna treat you different guess what no one cares and none of us even rember half the time who you are or care who you are we are here to do a job and that's it. If it was up to me I ref you guys like the pros and drop the hammer on you all and then you guys would have something real to ***** about because we let you guys get away with allot of bull**** just so we don't have to deal with the headaches. I hope the mapl brings in whole bunch of new refs and they do better for you guys or hold your hand like you guys need in this league

I love how the mapl preaches customer service this and that so much but not one of them stands up for any of there people there that works there when they are being trashed or talk about. then they wonder why not one helper is the same from last year or ever. except nancy because they are all treated poorly and felt like no one had there back
Very professional I bet they could use you guys reffing nppl!!!! From the way it sounds, you have a pretty wicked paintball career history. Enlighten all these mapl kiddos on your extensive career
Old 07-01-2013, 10:13 AM #19
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4

fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
Carlo has been around for years, I'm sure most people know who he is. He also has a lot of valid points. The sport has changed a lot in the past few years along with the players, and in a lot of people's opinions they haven't changed for the better. It can be frustrating for the guys who have been around for a while when you see a sport that was once filled with mature, stand up players is now overrun with people who act like whiny brats when they don't get their way.
fatboy6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:59 PM #20
Booyahkai

plays in the NXL
Booyahkai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

Hey Carlo! Long time no see. This is "Popeye" by the way. You make all valid points. When you guys were reffing last year. I had no complaints and the majority of the player would also agree with me. If a pro ref says you deserve a flag then he's probably right. I played USPA this past weekend and Tony and Stack were on point all day. So you guys are surely missed this year. Its hard to find a good reffing crew especially for a regional tournament. Lie the saying says "You don't know what you have till it's gone".
Old 07-01-2013, 11:10 PM #21
??11??
&quot;Big gay Al&quot;

??11?? plays in the PSP
??11?? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
??11?? plays in the APPA D2 division
??11?? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

THANK YOU! Finally somebody says it, as an MAPL and EPL ref i was told mulitple times not to throw some penities. and they wonder why when they go to PSP and NPPL events they never make sunday. however GPL/MAPL refing has sucked IMO because of the dumbed down rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spallstars08ego View Post
Very professional I bet they could use you guys reffing nppl!!!! From the way it sounds, you have a pretty wicked paintball career history. Enlighten all these mapl kiddos on your extensive career
If im not mistaken you are talking to a PSP pro field ref. and for the record what have you done in your pb career?
Dynasty 2:2011-2012
??11?? is offline   Reply With Quote