Old 03-09-2010, 04:44 PM #22
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

has been a member for 10 years
eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need A Name! View Post
it would make sense to grab the flag if it is close to you and you can do it without getting shot right?
Unless each of you end up on the opposite side you started on, most players just play the 1 on 1 as if it's an elimination game and the flag is just an afterthought. However, if he's on your starting side and you're on his starting side, you might want to consider grabbing the flag and making a dash for his starting box. Of course, this only applies to a center-flag format, but the concept is simple. If you think you can run the flag in without getting shot, of course you should go for it. In the PSP, bodies don't even matter anymore. The only thing that counts is the hang.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM #23
NHballer90

NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NHballer90 supports Team VICIOUS
NHballer90 plays in the APPA D4 division
i usually get scared and shoot myself in the foot and say im out. thats what i would do in a 1vs1

Gearbag Sale, everything Cheap and OBO
NHballer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:52 PM #24
pbforlife13

lol well thanks for your input guys. some were kinda dumb lol but thanks. =)
Old 03-09-2010, 07:16 PM #25
Need A Name!

Need A Name! helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
Unless each of you end up on the opposite side you started on, most players just play the 1 on 1 as if it's an elimination game and the flag is just an afterthought. However, if he's on your starting side and you're on his starting side, you might want to consider grabbing the flag and making a dash for his starting box. Of course, this only applies to a center-flag format, but the concept is simple. If you think you can run the flag in without getting shot, of course you should go for it. In the PSP, bodies don't even matter anymore. The only thing that counts is the hang.
yeah i was thinking center-flag. the local tournies use that so im used to playing it. its usually worth getting the points for the pull

Gearbag Sale!!!
Need A Name! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 PM #26
ego10fan
Bad Company

ego10fan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego10fan plays in the APPA D4 division
ego10fan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ego10fan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal N View Post
i really do hope you dont mean bunker him because to be honest i have never seen this actually work
youve never seen someone bunker someone?
ego10fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:18 PM #27
SpeedballTrix
SPARTAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Honestly: one ball.
Eventually they'll get low on paint and do something stupid.
Works for me very often.

Remember 1 on 1s are 99% technical. There's not alot of the "chess" aspect of the game. If you have proper form and you shoot where and when you need to, you'll probably win. It's the first guy to screw up that usually loses.

Don't get caught up with tricks. Just stand where you need to and shoot where you need to.

Cousins Tournament Series: Gone but not forgotten.

MacDev Droid and Cyborg. Destroyers of faces.
SpeedballTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:35 PM #28
p8ntbal phan 89

head check is best advice just be quick about it.dont stare into space...
p8ntbal phan 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:20 PM #29
nevekd128

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHballer90 View Post
i usually get scared and shoot myself in the foot and say im out. thats what i would do in a 1vs1
Old 03-18-2010, 04:27 PM #30
Hai Matty
ELOHEL

Hai Matty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
when i get shoot at i call myself out....
Old 03-22-2010, 05:47 PM #31
bingblackout3

1v1 are jsut somthing that you need to prac. the more experience you have the better. and who ever thinks shooting my bunker and running on the person is the best idea need to stop playing kids with pumps. any player with a field sence will win that battle 90 percent of the time you take all forms of advantage you may have way when you jsut run. control and patience. wins in paintball.
bingblackout3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 AM #32
ROBGOESOFF
Shoot first, Ask never

ROBGOESOFF is playing at Living Legends III
ROBGOESOFF supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedballTrix View Post
Honestly: one ball.
Eventually they'll get low on paint and do something stupid.
Works for me very often.

Remember 1 on 1s are 99% technical. There's not alot of the "chess" aspect of the game. If you have proper form and you shoot where and when you need to, you'll probably win. It's the first guy to screw up that usually loses.

Don't get caught up with tricks. Just stand where you need to and shoot where you need to.
i agree. rely on your snapshooting skills and put paint on your opponent
ROBGOESOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 AM #33
iiEpiC_FaiL
I'm NOT Ben Stubbs

iiEpiC_FaiL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iiEpiC_FaiL supports Team VICIOUS
iiEpiC_FaiL is for the Gunfight
Its really not a hard concept to grasp....Snap with him a little bit, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be afraid and put yourself in causing you to loose control of the battle. If your honestly afraid to get shot....GET OFF THE FIELD!!!......keep snappin until you put him in....make sure hes in....and make the quick bump....usually if you do it right, he wont see you, youll get the angle.... and boom...game end. Or if you must pull the "ollie lang"..make the bump and dont stop...just run out there...get the definate angle....and walla...game over.

Now if its a "gunfight" in an actualy game...baiting is fine....but dont do it too often...best advice is get posted up to shoot the player....but switch shooting sides...without switching hands...lay a stream the other way...hell see it, or his team will acknowledge your shooting the other way....then just swing back to the original spot..usually the guy will be posted to shoot you, but unaware when it will happen...or if your playing snake...he could be runnin up....so snap and shoot...simple kill...or he could have moved...you never know...baiting is risky..but when it works...it makes the other guy feel stupid...and you have a sence of accomplishment.....

it also depends on what bunker your at....if your trying to control a section.... you really cant give up anything...just keep your opponents pined...or off that side for that matter.....anheotr example is if the bunker they have is important....you may just have to man up and trade out...get the point for the elimination....just because you trade with a player dosent mean all hope is lost....taking him out of that bunker will help your team gain the advantige.

Now that all that is said and done...

Tea party anyone?

Last edited by iiEpiC_FaiL : 03-23-2010 at 10:08 AM.
iiEpiC_FaiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 AM #34
Menkis
MSU Maverick Paintballer

Idea: Maybe if you're intent on it, take an empty pod and throw it out one side, then snap out the other? Don't listen to me too much if everyone is telling you otherwise, I see a lot of good ideas up there as well, get to another bunker, DEFINITELY.e
I'm a guy that actually posts in threads before I PM you. I don't beg for a PM the lowest offer you'll make to buy your gun. I'm a guy that lets you know if something comes up when making a deal. If you're one of the few who does the same, toss this in your sig.

"We are not out gunned, we are in a target rich environment!"

"We are outnumbered!!!"
"Good, I thought we'd be bored."

95% of teens would cry if they saw the whole twilight cast standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If your one of the 5% who would sit there eating popcorn saying "DO A FLIP!!" copy and paste this in your sig
Menkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 AM #35
clumsy
PMP's FOR LIFE

clumsy helped look for balloons
clumsy supports Team VICIOUS
i try to move as much as i can... shoot and make him tuck in then quick move to another bunker to try and make him lose me

because if he doesnt know where you are it is a lot easier to shoot him in the side

edit: i dont usually move up the field with this move but move across the field

ERAU '14

NEED TO SELL LUXE
clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:23 PM #36
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Rivers Finest View Post
Ok and y would you not run on him?he has no idea where you are at this point he won't have time to react game over compared to snap battling where it's 50/50
His point is that you don't ever want a gun fight over making them lose track of you and shooting him once he's exposed.

You said snap shoot him in then bunker him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menkis View Post
Idea: Maybe if you're intent on it, take an empty pod and throw it out one side, then snap out the other? Don't listen to me too much if everyone is telling you otherwise, I see a lot of good ideas up there as well, get to another bunker, DEFINITELY.e
Throwing a pod wouldn't distract an experienced player. Pods aren't worth shooting and the direction you throw pods isn't linked to the direction you shoot out of. Dropping pods instead of throwing them is a better idea in most cases.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 PM #37
johnny_zanni

johnny_zanni owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
johnny_zanni supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal N View Post
vid or shins
he did do it. it was on derder's boyd.

Bobby got VERY lucky that the ref sided with him. Alex even said it was wierd because nobody bunkers in a 1 on 1
Old 03-27-2010, 07:50 PM #38
RepN the 417
Virus

RepN the 417 plays in the APPA D4 division
RepN the 417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbforlife13 View Post
true... but a barrel is a smaller target than a mask if the other guy is posted on you.
if he's posted on your than you wouldn't be "baiting" him out by showing him your gun
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
RepN the 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:34 PM #39
ibunkerfulz
shaggin in the doritos

play your whole bunke. put him in. move (lateral moves are good too). shoot him in the side.

RIP Cole "Crash" Martin
ibunkerfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:45 PM #40
shark6428
Sideline paint sponge

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
shark6428 posts videos on PbNation
How to play a 1-on-1 in Xball. Fast, aggressive, lots of lateral movement. Basic idea is to put your opponent in and move while he isn't looking and shoot him n the side. Bigger bunkers are generally better to use because they're easier to hide behind rather than needing to be careful about parts sticking out. Notice that the dorrito player moves to the pillar where he can stay on his feet.
Running down and bunkering a player in a one-on-one is a bad decision. At best you'll trade, more likely you'll lose.
Start at about 50 seconds in.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
shark6428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 PM #41
dm8brian

my thing that i do, i'm extremely fast,9 time out of10 i'm able tolose them, i always run everywhere, i move from bunker to bunker, no bunkering intended, until i hve a good clean shot on him
dm8brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 AM #42
Lil'Mike
MIKEE

you dont need any tricks to get yourself out of a predicament...You need to go ninja in any one on one put him in and disapper...shadowing is the best way to do this in my opinion you just have to use your intuition and always know where on the feild he/she is at.....and use that to your advantage, also if you are moving to a different spot move twords him the closer you are with out him knowing the less reaction time you give him and the better chance you have of hitting him..

We are the AC-130 of souther michigan

Last edited by Lil'Mike : 04-02-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Lil'Mike is offline   Reply With Quote